Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rebirth, Changing Gender and Saving Appearance

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
Posts: 2,533
Member
edited August 29, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello all! :)

Now I know we all have the Hair Saving Coupon and soon we will get one for eyes (?) but hear me out.
What should of been considered is a simple system;

If you choose to rebirth to the opposite gender, it will save your current appearance for your current gender.

Say I wish to be male, right? I switch and it saves my appearance. If I switch back to a female at a later date, it remembers my appearance and saves my appearance as a male character.
It's simple, it's not game breaking at all!
People will still use hair/face/mouth coupons/pon if they want something new either way.

The game is all about living our fantasy life (or anime life, whatever you call it nowadays) so why lock it behind a paywall?
At least be more lenient and give us something like this.

Thank you for reading and I hope you had a great holiday!
Good luck and stay safe in 2018!

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Mari

Edit: I've also made a refresher thread but it got merged- it should be a reply further down. It might explain better than I did with this one back in January lol
DianusiaJazmynNewbieChainTHICCthighssavelivesSplatulatedNeirennskpkion

Comments

  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,480
    Posts: 2,272
    Member
    I'm for this. =D
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    edited January 10, 2018
    Er.. is this like a bad idea or something? not many comments...
    I've been busy lately so I haven't really been checking the forums so..
    Leinei wrote: »
    I'm for this. =D

    yeah, everything is behind a paywall these days
    to be expected from a f2p game, but still..
    they'd still get cash from ppl changing their hair/eyes/face/etc. in the end..
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,120
    Posts: 311
    Member
    3 days late, whoops. This was on the front page though--
    Isn't this what we already have, minus the specific gender specifications? Or is that what you mean?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,480
    Posts: 2,272
    Member
    Leilicia wrote: »
    3 days late, whoops. This was on the front page though--
    Isn't this what we already have, minus the specific gender specifications? Or is that what you mean?

    Basically, if you change gender all of your face/eyes/hair selections reset, so even if you change back to the gender you were previously, you'd have to use coupons to get the attributes back. The system currently doesn't seem to save anything but your current appearance settings. What I'm gathering from Sherri's post is that if you say went Male to Female (or vice-versa), your Male/Female hair/eyes/face would be saved for if you decided to change back so you wouldn't lose those traits.
    Sherri
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,120
    Posts: 311
    Member
    I don't use coupons except for hair so I wouldn't know xD
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    Posts: 1,700
    Member
    edited January 17, 2018
    Unfortunately, the whole saving appearance issue was dealt with by releasing Hair Save Coupons in the item shop.
    It's something we already asked for last year-ish, and KR released it pretty quickly...because the NA community kept complaining about Beauty Coupons.
    Pretty sure there were other threads for changing race as well.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    edited August 19, 2018
    ~ Hello again, everyone. I'm sure many of you guys remember that one thread I made a while back where I was complaining about how when we Rebirthed and changed our gender, we would lose our personalized looks.
    This thread right here :D
    (If this thread is merged, then think of this as a refresher, as I'm going over the same idea but with new things I've learned, etc.)
    ((Though most likely my thread will be ignored like the last one tbh--))

    It's basically the same idea. You rebirth, change gender, and if you change it back to what it was before, you'll look exactly like you were.
    So if I'm female, then I decide to be male, then I get bored and then decide to be female again, I'll look the same way I did before.
    Then maybe on a boring, rainy day and I wanna prank a friend, I'll rebirth back into a guy to surprise them (and my characters male appearance would be the same as I left it.)
    Basically the game will remember that I had this exact hair, eyes, face, etc. combo as a female and that hair, eyes, face, etc. combo as a dude. No need to worry about limited time beauty coupons that come out whenever Nexon feels like it. (such a cashgrab, why didn't ya'll stick with Pon? I buy that stuff all the time. :l)

    Not to mention;
    - Hair storage coupons will still be used. Maybe not exactly as intended..?
    - Hair coupons and pon are still going to be used. Obviously, if you want a new eye/hairstyle for your male or female counterpart, you'll need to actually still obtain it, but it'll actually be saved when rebirthed.

    Most importantly.. a friend told me that eyes already transfer via gender, so if this system were to be added, it would need to be changed where if you rebirthed to the opposite gender, it would give you the same eyes unless you change them yourself, then the cycle starts where you have two different eyes on each gender.

    Either way, if this my idea is even mentioned, let alone added in the game, I think it's absolutely ridiculous for 6k NX. It's absolutely not worth it and it's 100% another cash grab! x~x

    Anyway, lemme know wot u guys think, if I missed something or messed something up oop
    THICCthighssavelives
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Posts: 70
    Member
    Personally, I think it would fix alot of these issues if when you bought a new cosmetic appearance it was actually bought, and not simply selected and paid for until something changes it. Maybe it's me, but when I pay for something I expect at least a feigned sense of object permanence
    That way people are more likely to spend even more pon on buying all the available styles, instead of hoarding their pon exclusively for style tab.
    The coupon limited styles should have a higher pon price than others based upon their higher detail and being the shiny new-ness
    Coupons on the other hand should be renamed as Voucher and flat out purchase the new style on use, much like a gesture card

    Would net Nexon a lump sum of pon purchases from just about every fashionogi out there as well, instead of the complete LACK of pon being spent on customisation at the moment
    SebastianTHICCthighssavelivesSherriNeirenn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Personally, I think it would fix alot of these issues if when you bought a new cosmetic appearance it was actually bought, and not simply selected and paid for until something changes it. Maybe it's me, but when I pay for something I expect at least a feigned sense of object permanence
    That way people are more likely to spend even more pon on buying all the available styles, instead of hoarding their pon exclusively for style tab.
    The coupon limited styles should have a higher pon price than others based upon their higher detail and being the shiny new-ness
    Coupons on the other hand should be renamed as Voucher and flat out purchase the new style on use, much like a gesture card

    Would net Nexon a lump sum of pon purchases from just about every fashionogi out there as well, instead of the complete LACK of pon being spent on customisation at the moment

    I definitely agree, I'd rather have it unlocked permanently when bought than my option. I'd throw my idea right out the window for this but instead we got more and more cash grabs known as a Hair Storage Coupon, which they're not going to ever take off the shop and replace with our ideas because that would be a loss in profit for them, at least that's what they would probably say.
    Than again, nobody is buying those silly Hair Storage Coupons... right? O_O
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,820
    Posts: 790
    Member
    edited August 27, 2018
    This is why I don't want to change the sex of my character, because I'd lose the premium styles I picked when I first created him. The whole rebirth and age and style system is so... awkward.
    Sherri
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,730
    Posts: 690
    Member
    i never changed gender but wow i didnt know the female didnt save D:
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    edited August 29, 2018
    i never changed gender but wow i didnt know the female didnt save D:

    The hair style of both genders doesn't save. If I were a male, I'd lose my hair style if I were to change genders to a girl. It's a really stupid system and the way that KR thought to fix it is merely a cash grab.

    I wish I could directly ask them about this but I can't speak Korean or anything so I'll have to ask NA for the idea and maybe they'll bring the idea over? Which is a big longshot.

    (Also I just noticed my newer thread was merged.. that took a while? but I'm ok with it)
    This is why I don't want to change the sex of my character, because I'd lose the premium styles I picked when I first created him. The whole rebirth and age and style system is so... awkward.

    I'm hoping my idea won't be too hard to add in, I assume it's the system or client saving the look of your opposite gender while you run around as the other.

    Wow, I should of just said that tbh but I over complicated things like always -_- go me
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,110
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Better yet, they should let us save a body we like that we can rb back into should we decide to try another look. Let's face it, the beauty gacha destroyed any chance that someone can freely change their look for fear of losing an expensive look that is coupon locked.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Better yet, they should let us save a body we like that we can rb back into should we decide to try another look. Let's face it, the beauty gacha destroyed any chance that someone can freely change their look for fear of losing an expensive look that is coupon locked.

    Exactly what they did, and the fact that it pretty much limits the amount of a certain hair/eye/etc. style in the game because it's a coupon only makes it worse.
    Meaning they could easily drop the rate of getting them in their gachas and then there goes getting them ever again. :/
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,110
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Better yet, they should let us save a body we like that we can rb back into should we decide to try another look. Let's face it, the beauty gacha destroyed any chance that someone can freely change their look for fear of losing an expensive look that is coupon locked.

    Exactly what they did, and the fact that it pretty much limits the amount of a certain hair/eye/etc. style in the game because it's a coupon only makes it worse.
    Meaning they could easily drop the rate of getting them in their gachas and then there goes getting them ever again. :/

    I don't get why they would ever add coupons into the game, if greed was a motivating factor then the gacha has to be persistent, as in a permanent addition to the cash shop. But the more ideal solution was to simply NOT add the coupons in at all. If they wanted more money for the more special styles, THEN JUST PRICE THEM HIGHER. I'll pay for the premium if it means I have reliable access to them.
    Sherri
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    Posts: 183
    Member
    I also think its ridiculous you can't keep what you pay for. I know the tired argument 'but mabi need micro transactions' ya I get it, but like Ninzerker said, if the stuff was perma unlocked (across all characters on the account) I would buy more stuff, since I could swap between them.

    As it stands, I'm stingy, I buy one face/hair setup on my main, I never change it, ever, I don't gender swap, and I only edit my alts appearance during times when premium stuff is free, all cus I don't wanna waste money on stuff I can't get back.

    Since they refuse to do that, they could at least store your previous gender's appearance, since they advertise and talk about in-game constantly how milletians swap genders freely. Cus right now, no I don't fam XD
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    I also think its ridiculous you can't keep what you pay for. I know the tired argument 'but mabi need micro transactions' ya I get it, but like Ninzerker said, if the stuff was perma unlocked (across all characters on the account) I would buy more stuff, since I could swap between them.

    As it stands, I'm stingy, I buy one face/hair setup on my main, I never change it, ever, I don't gender swap, and I only edit my alts appearance during times when premium stuff is free, all cus I don't wanna waste money on stuff I can't get back.

    Since they refuse to do that, they could at least store your previous gender's appearance, since they advertise and talk about in-game constantly how milletians swap genders freely. Cus right now, no I don't fam XD

    Exactly, at the moment we just lose what we purchase.
    I've been female for ages now because I don't want to risk losing my hair style forever.
    This shouldn't even be something to worry about.
    Instead of it being what hair style I wanna keep when I switch genders, it should be what hair style I want on each gender of my character.

  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,380
    Posts: 7,362
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    I also think its ridiculous you can't keep what you pay for. I know the tired argument 'but mabi need micro transactions' ya I get it, but like Ninzerker said, if the stuff was perma unlocked (across all characters on the account) I would buy more stuff, since I could swap between them.

    As it stands, I'm stingy, I buy one face/hair setup on my main, I never change it, ever, I don't gender swap, and I only edit my alts appearance during times when premium stuff is free, all cus I don't wanna waste money on stuff I can't get back.

    Since they refuse to do that, they could at least store your previous gender's appearance, since they advertise and talk about in-game constantly how milletians swap genders freely. Cus right now, no I don't fam XD

    Exactly, at the moment we just lose what we purchase.
    I've been female for ages now because I don't want to risk losing my hair style forever.
    This shouldn't even be something to worry about.
    Instead of it being what hair style I wanna keep when I switch genders, it should be what hair style I want on each gender of my character.

    So give the same hairstyles for both genders?