Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Yo! Convince me plox!?

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
in General Chat
Why are Re:Zero outfits(Body_alone) going for 30m+?

BAD_Economy?Kawaii overload? 2Moe4me to understand? 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% rates or sumthing?

Last but not least...25-30m for rem+ram boxes? and 10-15m for Rem but puck and Ram tanked to like 1-2m...How Sway? How?

Was inflation this bad or I'm just too out of the loop the whole time?

Don't get me started on that Rem Morning star...It better be a StaffxChainBlade OP SOB to justify dem being 10-12m prices. O_O!!!

I'll just gach on my own later if prices don't become 2 reasonable...but how R U general folks handling dis?

No other collab haz comes close to these insane prices(Non-meta_game power-creeps item) dat I can remember!

giphy.gif
Sherri

Comments

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited August 23, 2018
    Rhey wrote: »
    Why are Re:Zero outfits(Body_alone) going for 30m+?

BAD_Economy?Kawaii overload? 2Moe4me to understand? 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% rates or sumthing?

Last but not least...25-30m for rem+ram boxes? and 10-15m for Rem but puck and Ram tanked to like 1-2m...How Sway? How?

Was inflation this bad or I'm just too out of the loop the whole time?

Don't get me started on that Rem Morning star...It better be a StaffxChainBlade OP SOB to justify dem being 10-12m prices. O_O!!!

I'll just gach on my own later if prices don't become 2 reasonable...but how R U general folks handling dis?

No other collab haz comes close to these insane prices(Non-meta_game power-creeps item) dat I can remember!

giphy.gif

I feel like the prices (at least on Ruairi) were a bit better last weekend. A Ferris outfit was 15m back then but now it's only 30+. I'm not sure what happened other than the supply dwindled until only the price gougers were left? :/ People might be opening the new gacha now because of the stance card things.

And yeah Ram and Puck actually decreased in price on our server too. That's strange that it was the same like that. Maybe because Rem gives more stats in strength, defense/prot, and max damage? If that's not the case, then I've no clue.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 24, 2018
    Yeah most overpriced items are Felt and Ferris outfits (like 25m+ and more), Rem's Morningstar (like 8m+ and even more like 20m+ like wth??? It's stats are crappy and doesn't even look that good, so why???), Roswaal Maid outfit parts (most people overpriced every outfits piece with excuses that Partner Unlock costed them sooooo much lmao), Doll bag prices seem to be okay, not sure how much Ram+ Rem bag is.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    People just being greedy. I was hoping to be able to buy an outfit from another player but I will NOT pay the ridiculous prices being asked.
    BronzebreakJazmynSherriNeirenn
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    i think of it like this, Theres a point where you become full on elitest where your paying 200k+ a point per weapon and mils become 100ks and 10mils become 1m
    Jayy124
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Anime Crossover Gacha Event. Not enough items for every player that wants them. The people who are spending money want their monies worth and there isn't a shortage of players willing to pay 30m+ for these outfits. Why sell for any less if all you have to do is look around to corner to line your pockets with gold.

Lets me honest, this is just simple economics.
    AlexisEUPierozekTheNyanCatDaytonSherriNeirenn
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Greta wrote: »
    Rem's Morningstar (like 8m+ and even more like 20m+ like wth??? It's stats are crappy and doesn't even look that good, so why???),

I wonder if people are thinking the Morningstar works like a chainblade and a staff? If it really does, then that might explain the price. If it doesn't, then maybe the people who have one are taking advantage of people thinking it does. :( I would admit, having a staff/chain blade hybrid would be totally cool and convenient.
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Rem's Morningstar (like 8m+ and even more like 20m+ like wth??? It's stats are crappy and doesn't even look that good, so why???),

I wonder if people are thinking the Morningstar works like a chainblade and a staff? If it really does, then that might explain the price. If it doesn't, then maybe the people who have one are taking advantage of people thinking it does. :( I would admit, having a staff/chain blade hybrid would be totally cool and convenient.

It doesn't though, so maybe you're right about people tryna take advantage of that lack of knowledge of some.
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 24, 2018

It's primarily from Rem's Morningstar in the Defeating The Ulgarms RP mission where you play as her having the ability to cast intermediate magic (specifically Ice Spear) in the version of the mission where you receive Magic skills instead of Chain Blade skills. So people wind up thinking that Rem's Morningstar can be used to cast intermediate magic (like how (Merlin's) Shyllien Mana Knuckles can be used for both Martial Arts and Magic skills) when in reality it's just a Cutthroat Chain Blade reskin.

(Just like how Reinhard's sword is just a Glory Sword reskin, with the only difference being that it can receive Erg enhancements. Unless the wiki's wrong, then there's no difference and the wiki's been lying to be about how no other Two-Handed Swords can actually receive Erg enhancements outside of maybe three or so different options.)
    WolfandWolf
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited August 24, 2018
    bobo wrote: »
    hope this helps!
    Morning Star info at 0:14s. Originally from the Defeat the Ulgrams thread.
    WolfandWolf
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Unlike previous crossovers. This one seems to be exclusively gacha.

You could buy outfit boxes from other crossover events, no?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    It's not helping with individual pieces going for 3-5mils either. Ur looking at possible 50m+ to complete a set. Especially for a more popular char. :/

/smh
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Just greed. I won't even think about buying any of them unless they are around 3m. I don't mind waiting or never buying at all.
    Neirenn
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    ha-ha my monies is better spent in battlenogi.
  • PierozekPierozek
    Mabinogi Rep: 315
    The invisible hand of The Mabinogi Market. Also known as player driven economy. Calling it greed is not really appropriate but that's just my opinion. Not only are they really hard to pull, but I also keep in mind they are in fact overpriced for a person who recently started or didn't play the game much (I started in 2011 but never went past 1000 cumulative before 2015...) But I believe veterans don't have much problem with these prices. Git gud and earn, at least people have a goal to pursue. And thanks to that many other outfits got much cheaper, I remember cross empire wigs going for 4-5m when they were released and now you can grab one for like 800k-1m.
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 28, 2018
    Pierozek wrote: »
    The invisible hand of The Mabinogi Market. Also known as player driven economy. Calling it greed is not really appropriate but that's just my opinion. Not only are they really hard to pull, but I also keep in mind they are in fact overpriced for a person who recently started or didn't play the game much (I started in 2011 but never went past 1000 cumulative before 2015...) But I believe veterans don't have much problem with these prices. Git gud and earn, at least people have a goal to pursue. And thanks to that many other outfits got much cheaper, I remember cross empire wigs going for 4-5m when they were released and now you can grab one for like 800k-1m.

>Tells us that calling this whole thing as greed is inappropriate.
    >But also tells us to "get gud and earn".

Even if people are veterans it doesn't give a good excuse that they might have 35m or more in their hands.
    Cross Empire Wigs costed dirt cheap before this crossover too. Also most fashion items drop prices when they get re-released few times already.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The thing is that some people do not handle money well (I'm one of them). Out of desperation or buyer's high they shell out ridiculous amounts of money which causes people to assume that they can get other people to pay that price, and thus leading to massively high prices. My recommendation is to let people tire themselves out and wait for the re-release when everything will probably drop to 1/10th their price.
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    wait for the re-release when everything will probably drop to 1/10th their price.
    the problem is that "crossover" items will never really return.

SherriVaughanNeirenn
  • GretaGreta
    Kiruah wrote: »
    wait for the re-release when everything will probably drop to 1/10th their price.

Demand is a good factor too. SAO and Fate/Stay Night UBW stuff are dirt cheap for years now.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470

Demand is a good factor too. SAO and Fate/Stay Night UBW stuff are dirt cheap for years now.

Pretty sure those came in outfit boxes (except some of the Fate/Stay Night clothing but to be fair, they can't be dyed) and people really love Re:Zero stuff (especially Ferris since it can be worn by both genders and dyeable) so it would probably still be expensive. As someone said, "crossover items" will never really return
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

The good items aren't dirt cheap. UBW App scrolls start at like 20m.