Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Age difference of Mabinogi

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Just goes to show how dull our brains are to be put in the level of a child with tantrum.

I can't be the only one who thinks this???????? We need help :(
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I wonder how many people started the game before turning 18, game has been around for a while after all.
    SherriBerryswirlSebastian
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There will be a statistical margin of error for this poll as for a lot of areas, school has already started and it won't account for those kids who won't be logging on (logging on much) during the school year.

I would say a good number of people started the game before age 18.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 31, 2018
    There will be a statistical margin of error for this poll as for a lot of areas, school has already started and it won't account for those kids who won't be logging on (logging on much) during the school year.

School never stopped me from gaming. Job does it now.
    Started playing Mabinogi few days after i turned 17 i think. Still remember when there was an Attendance Event giving out a free Flamemare Pet when i joined Mabinogi.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

School never stopped me from gaming. Job does it now.
    Started playing Mabinogi few days after i turned 17 i think. Still remember when there was an Attendance Event giving out a free Flamemare Pet when i joined Mabinogi.

Well, it is possible that school would mean that U18 players will not come onto forums at much unless they really needed something..
    I started when I was 17 as well if my memory serves me well.
  • KradeDrakenKradeDraken
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    It might just be the nature of a sandbox vs a theme-park styled MMO. Even in open world games, many people like having a definitive goal in sight, as opposed to a vague treasure hunt. Nothing is actually wrong with either, but having that clear image of what you're pushing for or not can make a huge difference to some people.

Also, the larger companies simply put more push into advertising their products and most consumers don't have time to play everything available that they might be interested in. As a result younger players who may not have heard of this will be more likely to see the ads for newer products.through Youtube. Or a metric ton of sloppy LoL ads.
  • KageryuuKageryuu
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    Started mabi back in G3, was 18 at the time
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    Started playing this game when I was 14, I'm 25 now so kinda grew up with this game and glad it's still here.
    BerryswirlJayy124
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Maybe a gm could do a month long wide server poll for this ?
    Maybe age group and how long people comfortable playing each day ?

I have a feeling the way they deliver the game are not reaching their intended audience.

As for this thread poll, can confirm 95% people that i have met were adult. They are either gay, have some kind of mental or behavioral disorder, addicted to some form of drug, in or come from dysfunctional family, failure in a society, scammer, normal college student, minimum wage worker, or asian.
    Which is pretty awesome convo partner.

I was gonna say you're wrong on that, but...
    latest?cb=20160703014737
    ...you're right. Why does this game appeal to us? Sigh...
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    Gaea wrote: »

I have a feeling the way they deliver the game are not reaching their intended audience.

As for this thread poll, can confirm 95% people that i have met were adult. They are either gay, have some kind of mental or behavioral disorder, addicted to some form of drug, in or come from dysfunctional family, failure in a society, scammer, normal college student, minimum wage worker, or asian.

latest?cb=20160703014737
    Gaea wrote: »

latest?cb=20160703014737

for me it was this trailer that's all it took really, in a world where you can do anything you want. At the time was a world I wish to be in.
  • CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Oh man I feel old.... T A T

Good times though...I remember first joining mabi in a really old account when I was 14..now I'm 23..
    Well I had no idea what to do back then, I just sat in front of a campfire and chatted with my ex-friend's group circle and made some new ones...This was like my anime club penguin lol...

Tbh the game appealed to me now just cause of nao's balloons fashion -cough- well also no other mmo is as unique as mabi imo.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I started when I was 13 and I'm 22....I love this game and I'm so glad its still here, it's a big part of my childhood and I've met so many great people who have helepd me through tough times and been there for good ones. When the game shuts down I'm going to be really upset, so I hope Mabi has a long life ahead ♥
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Who knows maybe it was the comforting lie that "you have limitless potential and are destined for greatness" or the "You can succeed in anything you try". After all, the character the far more customized in skill and dress styles of other games as representations of our ideal selves. We have scientists (Alchemists), magicians, performers (puppeteers and bards), creators (item crafters), on top of the standard combat tropes and are given the ability to mix and match these to our heart's content. But I digress, I think Mabi is fun for us because it was something that broke the mold for us. It was distinct in a sea of WoW clones and we just never found a reason to leave. Some did, but for those of us that stuck around, it was, homely.
  • ArbiterArbiter
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    They just need to release mabi battle royale and you'll have those statistics flipped on their head
    Berryswirl
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

Wat.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sai wrote: »

Wat.

Shush Sai, you know it's true.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited September 6, 2018
    Started when I was 13 in 2013, after a friend introduced me to the game, and now I'm 18 and stuck here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really puts into perspective how strange it was masquerading as an ageless, sarcastic demon butler for a good few years.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050

Wat.

exactly
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSd6LHKY8v2xmhtALiwaPzi6zNkuiECJwgXh0IrXry7YWq-O4g
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Veylaine wrote: »

Wat.

exactly
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSd6LHKY8v2xmhtALiwaPzi6zNkuiECJwgXh0IrXry7YWq-O4g

MMqiqck.jpg
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I started playing when I was 23. People then were like YORU SO OLD!!! Now they be like MILF! XD
    VeylaineKttyPanBlissfulkillKensamaofmariRadiant DawnJayy124Sherri