Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Erorserv wrote: »
    It looks super dumbed-down, to the point its indistinguishable from another generic f2p mmos. Only thing going for it is it's on mobile.

Also, I'd like to point out how the mobile version has higher res textures and models than the main game. lol

That's all it is, a generic mobile "mmo" with mabi graphics slapped on.
    ImaizumiTwelieTheNyanCatoffwithyourheads
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Would be kind of cool if the mobile game would give you coupon codes to put into your computer version of Mabi. =T
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    The graphics are basically the same.
    The gameplay completely different
    Gear system completely different.
    World completely different

Not even the same game at this point.
    = No interest.
    Imaizumioffwithyourheads
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    wait what Steparu is not dead?
    is been from last year that steparu website doesn't get updated i thought that cat died...
  • ZanaSenZanaSen
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Really wish they could just focus on the original game. It'd be great if our characters in the original mabi could have normal hands/ hair flow. Maybe the engine mabi uses is too old to support those changes, I don't know, but it would be great if our character models could be updated a bit.
    offwithyourheads
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    ZanaSen wrote: »
    Really wish they could just focus on the original game. It'd be great if our characters in the original mabi could have normal hands/ hair flow. Maybe the engine mabi uses is too old to support those changes, I don't know, but it would be great if our character models could be updated a bit.

Well this mobile version isn't being made/hosted by DevCat/Nexon. They just sold the rights to this Chinese company to service this region (mostly).

This game I believe doesn't factor in the decision making of what happens with the current Mabi.
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    edited September 6, 2018
    Yeah everyone who is now demanding Hair-Physics in the original Game.
    Pleione Engine is just too outdated for that, and devCat/Nexon will probably not update it as that would require a lot of coding.

Mabinogi's Code is, as i was told, a steaming pile of garbage to the degree that the current Devs are having trouble updating old content. We see the Dungeon Update as lacking, but if the Interview i've read is true, they spent a lot of time figuring out the Dungeon Code to even do a small update on Dungeons.

To Update the Graphics of Mabinogi they would need to rewrite the whole game on a new Engine, this would mean that for the whole time that takes there's no new Content, just recycled Events and Gachas to even fund the whole rework.
    At that point it would probably be easier for them to scrap Mabinogi as a whole and pick up the Mabinogi 2 Idea again.

Personally i feel there's a certain charm to Mabinogi. I think i wouldn't like hair suddenly having physics.
    Imaizumi
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Yeah everyone who is now demanding Hair-Physics in the original Game.
    Pleione Engine is just too outdated for that, and devCat/Nexon will probably not update it as that would require a lot of coding.

Mabinogi's Code is, as i was told, a steaming pile of garbage to the degree that the current Devs are having trouble updating old content. We see the Dungeon Update as lacking, but if the Interview i've read is true, they spent a lot of time figuring out the Dungeon Code to even do a small update on Dungeons.

To Update the Graphics of Mabinogi they would need to rewrite the whole game on a new Engine, this would mean that for the whole time that takes there's no new Content, just recycled Events and Gachas to even fund the whole rework.
    At that point it would probably be easier for them to scrap Mabinogi as a whole and pick up the Mabinogi 2 Idea again.

Personally i feel there's a certain charm to Mabinogi. I think i wouldn't like hair suddenly having physics.

The pragmatic approach is basically this. It's far better to just create a new game than it is to change the engine on this. Too many things are tied and bound in this to ever work elsewhere.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Tetosan wrote: »

If I knew, if Nexon told us, that they were rewriting the game and to not expect new content in the meantime, I would happily wait and maybe even throw them a dollar or two. I totally agree though that mabi 2 is the easier option at this point.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Can we at least get flowing hair?
    Helsa
    Gaea wrote: »

Natural flowing hair to match the weather?
    Dripping sweat that glistens in the summer sun?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Natural flowing hair to match the weather?
    Dripping sweat that glistens in the summer sun?

-looks up and gleefully smiles-
    KensamaofmarioffwithyourheadsHelsa
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Something I'd like to mention, I played this game over a YEAR AGO as a CBT on mobile. At the time I thought the game was going to get shut down due to copyrights. Even right now I'm not sure if they actually paid for the Korean Copyright of if they are just lying about it. The actualy Mabinogi Mobile from Devcat/Nexon is set to come out late 2018 in korean.

It just seems very very wrong that Nexon would release another mobile mabinogi game in the same quarter as their official one. Granted these are different regions but companies tend to be very picky with their IPs.

I've played a lot of Rebirth and it feels like L2 Mobile with a mabinogi skin. The only nice things this has over other mobile MMOlites is that it retains the idea that skills needs to be trained and that all skills contribute to your stat total. I'm heavily hype for Mabi Mobile, but this I just feel is still breaking a law somewhere.
    KensamaofmariImaizumioffwithyourheads
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Something I'd like to mention, I played this game over a YEAR AGO as a CBT on mobile. At the time I thought the game was going to get shut down due to copyrights. Even right now I'm not sure if they actually paid for the Korean Copyright of if they are just lying about it. The actualy Mabinogi Mobile from Devcat/Nexon is set to come out late 2018 in korean.

It just seems very very wrong that Nexon would release another mobile mabinogi game in the same quarter as their official one. Granted these are different regions but companies tend to be very picky with their IPs.

I've played a lot of Rebirth and it feels like L2 Mobile with a mabinogi skin. The only nice things this has over other mobile MMOlites is that it retains the idea that skills needs to be trained and that all skills contribute to your stat total. I'm heavily hype for Mabi Mobile, but this I just feel is still breaking a law somewhere.

I've had my suspicions about that too. I mean...what if those documents and everything presented at that conference is fake? I wish we could get confirmation from KR about this...
    Helsa
  • ZanaSenZanaSen
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Really wish they could just focus on the original game. It'd be great if our characters in the original mabi could have normal hands/ hair flow. Maybe the engine mabi uses is too old to support those changes, I don't know but it would be great if our character models could be updated a bit.
    ZanaSen wrote: »

Well this mobile version isn't being made/hosted by DevCat/Nexon. They just sold the rights to this Chinese company to service this region (mostly).

This game I believe doesn't factor in the decision making of what happens with the current Mabi.

"They just sold the rights to this Chinese company"
    Wow I missed that part somehow, sorry you had to point that out lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 6, 2018
    They didn't sell the rights to a chinese company, they sold a license to them so they could release this. HUGE difference.

But now we're kinda wondering if this is actually for real or are the chinese making bootlegs again...
    Helsa
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 6, 2018
    Why would Nexon sell them the rights when they have their own mobile game coming out soon? Just doesn't seem like a smart business decision. Granted, if Nexon KR doens't feel like releasing mabinogi Mobile westward at all it might be a thing.

Anyway, the OBT is over at the moment so we'll see what happens.
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035

As i mentioned, Pleione Engine is just that crappy. It's already huge they managed to create the SAO-Outfit Action :^)
    Imaizumi
    They didn't sell the rights to a chinese company, they sold a license to them so they could release this. HUGE difference.

But now we're kinda wondering if this is actually for real or are the chinese making bootlegs again...
    A lot things can be possible.
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Why would Nexon sell them the rights when they have their own mobile game coming out soon? Just doesn't seem like a smart business decision. Granted, if Nexon KR doens't feel like releasing mabinogi Mobile westward at all it might be a thing.

Anyway, the OBT is over at the moment so we'll see what happens.
    It's a tricky business world these days especially with tech products like games. And then there's geopolitics involved with business... which is almost never a good thing.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The emperor graces you with his FABULOUS HAIR.

latest?cb=20110727214444