Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The game automatically closes down

LotharingiaLotharingia
Mabinogi Rep: 330
in Technical Support
The game closes down without warning sometimes. No "this game has crashed" screen or anything. How do I fix it?
[Deleted User]

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I'm not sure if you can. I have that same issue and have had it forever. I'll be doing something one minute, and the next, poof, it's just gone.
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Are you running User Account Control? Turn it off.

Are there any likely negative consequences to changing it to Never Notify?
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    @Hardmuscle I understand that, or thought I did anyways. I'm just curious if it means I'll break my computer in some situation because I've turned it off. xD
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    @Hardmuscle - Thanks!
    [Deleted User]
  • LotharingiaLotharingia
    Mabinogi Rep: 330
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

Are you running the game as Administrator? This is a must.

Are you running User Account Control? Turn it off.

If you're running an anti-virus service while playing (real-time-scan), consider either allowing the client to run without the handcuffs (allow in exceptions) or disabling it when playing the game. If a critical process is blocked from running; such as a scan against your memory by Nexon Game Security, you'll get booted from the server without notice.

How do I check if I'm running the game as administrator/running user account control?
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    How do I check if I'm running the game as administrator/running user account control?

I'm not sure offhand how to check if you're running the game as administrator specifically. To change user account control setting go to control panel> system and security> Change User account control settings. But, I don't believe you CAN change it if you are not already running as administrator.... @Hardmuscle might be able to elaborate more if someone else is unable to help before hand.

That all being said, @Hardmuscle - I changed the settings and while sitting in Festia for like, 3 minutes, all of a sudden *POOF!* the game vanished anyways. Not running any other programs, as it's on my laptop.. Maybe it's a memory thing... hmm..
    [Deleted User]
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited September 11, 2018
    Usually if you right click the icon it brings up a menu to "Run as Administrator" even if you are the Administrator User...you still have to go about doing so.

My spouse has the same computer I do and I don't have any problems with running Mabi, but my spouse DC's constantly and there is nothing on the computer. Did all the updates and scans....literally a brand new computer...factory set..took out all the various un-needed software and such and it still crashes and dc's ....and atop of it....has to re-install the launcher multiple times each time it dc's or crashes. So definately not the only one with problems...Wish Nexon NA would do a full on scan with their launcher and client to make sure it's self sustainable.

It definitely sounds like a clash of software issues somewhere....I know I install a lot of games..mainly ones that run different net frames or direct X files. I'm wondering if it might have to do with any of those files.
    Jazmyn[Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Usually if you right click the icon it brings up a menu to "Run as Administrator" even if you are the Administrator User...you still have to go about doing so.

When I click on play through the launcher, it brought up the "Are you sure you want to run this window" until I turned off User Account Control. It doesn't do it often enough for me to be like, "OMG IM NEVER PLAYING AGAIN", but it's still annoying... D; xD I can't run it through the Mabi icon on my laptop, it doesn't load. I had to find the launcher via the folder to actually run the app that way.
    [Deleted User]
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Usually the launcher creates it own, either way the directory file location should be the same.
    I doubt this will help, but..... to set the program to run as administrator...always....it's actually under the Properties tab.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff431742.aspx
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Ah yes, I do recall finding that for specific programs. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the wording; I thought they were referring to changing a setting so EVERYTHING runs as administrator, not specific programs.
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    But there's not a box you can just check and say "Bypass this and Run Everything as Administrator"?
    [Deleted User]