Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan 3 shooting rush is impossible

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
edited September 11, 2018 in Help
For a human... I cant even get anywhere near breaking 10k, I havnt even touched 10k one time and they expect me to somehow get 12k? This si stupid, this is impossible for a human because the dumb goblins are FASTER THEN U! I even tried looking up videos to see if I was doing something wrong, in every video I saw, they moved faster then the goblins, which means they were an elf because u cant bring in outside gear, and the only reason they succeeded was because they were faster then me. I am doing everything exactly the same as everyone else iv ever seen do this and I still cant even get close. To make matters worse, in trying to squeeze out every bit of point value I can I end up not paying enough attention tot he stupid timer which results in me getting a "pass" for the day, wasting even more of my time and honestly making me want to stop playing for the rest of the day. (did I say pass? I meant to say vicious slap straight to the face) I have wasted several days to this garbage and made zero progress. At this point Im convinced its actually impossible as a human because we're simply too slow, and if you are a human and try to claim u did it, show me a video, otherwise u cheated, plain and simple. I have wasted just over 2mil already in stupid 30k fees. Unless you can tell me or show me something that iv been missing somehow I refuse to believe that this is even possible at all for a human to do without somehow cheating and getting more movement speed in a stupid RP mission. The least they could do is make the hotkeys map based on ur current setup, they managed to make ur skill ranks directly import along with the hat ur wearing, not doing the same for hotkeys, then even having the NPC mention to you that you should set your hotkeys just makes it seem like the devs are legitimately trying to anger people, like, "We could've made it take from your current setup like we did with everything else, but we wont. Heres some dialogue to make sure you know we're aware of it, just to anger you even more every minute you waste setting 2 skill sets worth of hotkeys."

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You can set up your hotkeys before you start the mission while in the conversation with whoever it is. (It's been awhile since I've done any dan testing.)

That being said, humans do seem to get an even more unfair advantage to many of these things because we are slow... but I'm sure it is possible. Try and take a break for a few days and maybe you'll be able to see more clearly and squeeze by that 12k point mark. Try to not let it frustrate you, as hard as it is; after-all, its just a game. (Or that's what I keep telling myself. Lol.) Hopefully the next time you can manage to get by.. Good luck!
  • BlortadBlortad
    I know u can set hotkeys before the timer starts, the point is that with the number of times it takes just to beat the huge RNG element in this stupid thing between the goblins super random AI, the random placement of the reset circles, and the dependence on crits to reasonably succeed, it quickly becomes a massive waste of time to reset every single hotkey every single time. It may be only just under a minute each time, but when you consider that iv had to reset this thing easily more then 100 times already, thats more then an hour of setting skills, thats quite a hefty amount of time wasted all because the devs didnt feel like doing what they did with every other aspect of Dan tests with the hotkey settings. That may well be low-balling it too, who knows how many attempts I actually made, it could easily be twice that amount.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    the thing is they made this dan test based on Korea Connection not the NA connection or EU connection which make some skills impossible to do....
  • BlortadBlortad
    Its not that, I get nearly no lag, I have a well configured, stable connection. Its the stupid movement speed thing. Its like they forgot humans are slower then giants and, by extension, nearly every mob in the game. Humans are in dire need of a move speed buff, even if just a slight one to make them match giants. I FINALLY managed to get ONE SS success today after 3 hours and another 1.5mil gold down the drain in fails. Wanna know what finally did it? I had a run where every single crowd spawned clustered together so I didn't get obliterated when the scattered enemies inevitably end up even more scattered making it impossible to control them to stop the INSANE damage they do. In that same run, only 3 of my shooting rush uses the entire time weren't crits, so I got drastically more points then I would have otherwise. The goblins also, by complete random chance, didn't charge me when they were a straggler, and they used mostly counter instead of defense, which results in the crowd getting split up with a huge gap every time. Even with all that I STILL BARELY MADE IT because when there's even the slightest stupid mistake or shooting rushes stupid targeting mechanism outright LIES about what ur actually going to hit u end up getting hit by a goblin because u cant outrun any u miss because they're FASTER then u. I WISH the problem was just lag cause then id just have to wait til later at night or CC to an unoccupied channel to get around that lag and get it done within the first few tries every time. Instead I get a situation I cant do a single thing about without either spending multiple mils on fails or starting a new damn character of another race just to be able to have a fair chance at shooting rush d3, its so painfully obvious they balanced that test for elves and giants its amazing. Id bet they didnt even test it on a human at all. Can we at least get potions added to ur inventory instead of the floor where they're useless? Or maybe a doll bag for the stupid RP inventory that grabs pots for u? Cause as it si right now, u might as well just remove them from that test completely because u arent given enough time to actually pick any up. If you spend any time at all picking up potions u might as well restart, cause thats already too much wasted time, and if u die, also might as well restart because for some reason they felt death needed to punish u with both a point penalty AND a HUGE stall. One or the other would have been adequate, both is just stupid when death is almost completely unavoidable and leads to instant soft failure. Normally id say just dont die, but since u don't have ur stats, so they can easily kill u if they get a lucky smash crit, u have no way outside of getting lucky with placement and skill choice of enemies to avoid that damage, and u cant heal with potions, cause if u try u waste too much time and fail. Lacking all other skills is dumb too, because the answer to scattered enemies with shooting rush is pretty much exclusively held in other skill sets, like crisis escape or shockwave or lullabye for instance. It would also make it actually doable if they just gave u something to actually legitimately keep u somewhat safe after a forced rush scattering. Theres SUPPOSED to be the stupid circles on the ground to reset ur cooldown so u can survive on rush spamming, except those are also 100% RNG, so half the time they spawn behind u or right next to u, meaning u cant rush to them and have to either waste time kiting the goblins or, and this one is much more likely, die. I have done a LOT of other dan tests, but this one is the worst by such an insane margin its just absurd. Even mag, which is notoriously crit dependent, is easy compared to this because even it has less RNG to it. Heres an idea, its a stupid RP mission for some absolutely dumb reason, why the hell is there variation in movement speed? Just make everyone in dan tests, or at least in that one, move at elf speed, or at least at giant speed. Movement speed or control is absolutely critical for guns, especially when spamming shooting rush. Anyone who has ever used gunner extensively can tell u, if u cant outrun the mobs or at least keep pace, ur only option is to use control of some kind on the stragglers or tank a couple hits to get blasted away into better positioning or heavy stander for another rush, but a human taking this absolutely and ironically untested dan test has none of those things. There are so many super simple things that should have been done with this that would have taken it from almost completely impossible to doable but still challenging. Even if they cut the goblins damage in half or more, they would still have a very good chance to kill u, but with the insane damage they do currently, death is almost unavoidable and is, again, instant soft failure as a human because just that -100 and -10 seconds is more then enough when the odds dictate an average of 8k in the given time, leaving u to "squeeze out" an absolutely stupid ADDITIONAL 50%. 20% could be done with actual strategy and good execution, this stupid extra50% is impossible without nothing short of insane god-like luck, like the kind of luck that gets u a shiny in Pokemon.
  • BlortadBlortad
    edited September 12, 2018
    Sry about the BOGDWOT (Big ol' god-damned wall of text), but man, finally succeeding just makes u even more angry when u see what kind of stupidity it takes to actually accomplish this completely outlandish goal.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    If shooting rush is that difficult then mag dan 3 is outright impossible.
  • BlortadBlortad
    The thing about that though is that success in mag isn't dependent on movement speed. If this were equally impossible for all races, I wouldn't be complaining as much. Its when every elf and giant I mention this to says "shooting rush d3 is easy." and every video I watch claiming the same is of an elf doing it. Successful use of shooting rush is dependent on either use of control options, which are stripped from u in dan tests, or use of movement speed. That being the case, if the player is slowed down, the mobs should be adjusted to match. Either elf and giant dan test goblins need to be sped up, or the ones for the human dan tests need to be slowed down.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Blortad wrote: »
    The thing about that though is that success in mag isn't dependent on movement speed. If this were equally impossible for all races, I wouldn't be complaining as much. Its when every elf and giant I mention this to says "shooting rush d3 is easy." and every video I watch claiming the same is of an elf doing it. Successful use of shooting rush is dependent on either use of control options, which are stripped from u in dan tests, or use of movement speed. That being the case, if the player is slowed down, the mobs should be adjusted to match. Either elf and giant dan test goblins need to be sped up, or the ones for the human dan tests need to be slowed down.

Oh trust me, no matter what you think Mag is automatically worst in every regard. For humans who have a noticeable cool down means missing shots (which will happen a lot) hurts your chances. To reliably get shots in you'd have to rely on zero shots, which means your run speed will affect fast you can get to your target and how much time you have to aim your shots. Just for comparison I(a human) did shooting rush having spent an average of 300k on both tests. On Mag I dumped nearly 15m into the thing.
  • Narutofire18Narutofire18
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,435
    @Blortad

It sounds to me like you're not taking proper advantage of the Shooting Rush cooldown reset zones. Movement speed literally shouldn't matter at all.