Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bingo icon

AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
edited September 13, 2018 in General Chat
I'm not interested in the bingo.... Let me remove/move the icon, it takes alot of space.

1. option to Move/remove the bingo61 votes
    1. Yes
       95% (58 votes)
    2. No
       5% (3 votes)

Comments

• SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited September 13, 2018
    Its distracting, covers one of my bags space and it can kill you in a fight...
    kapapa
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Luckily my bag space ends just perfectly outside of the icon, but I remember it driving me nuts last time they did this. >_<
  • AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    I can't see my money lul, at least let me move it, or take it closed to the menu bar, not floating like that.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Am I going to actually get to use this stupid bingo thing without having to sell my house to buy gachapons, or is it just going to be there, unmovable and unremovable for the entire duration of this stupid cash grab? Why the hell can I not move this stupid thing? What if I like to have some other part of my interface there? This is stupid. I might have actually bought some of those, but if this dumb pointless icon is going to be in my way forever now then I will not be spending one cent on these stupid things. Every other dumb event icon int he past has been movable, why is this one not? Im actually legitimately angry about this, wtf? Itd be one thing if I could use the stupid, ugly, in-the-way thing without paying cash, but this is absurd. Annoying the out of me with some stupid, tacky, ugly ass thing that you wont allow me to move is NOT the way you get me to buy something.
    kapapa
  • BlortadBlortad
    Ladame wrote: »
    Luckily my bag space ends just perfectly outside of the icon, but I remember it driving me nuts last time they did this. >_<

Oh great, they did this before? So no chance of them actually doing what they should have done in the first place? Awesome, well Im going to TRY to not let this make me quit again, but idk, iv been on for 5 minutes since the servers came back up and I already dont really want to stare at this stupid, pointless eyesore anymore.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Blortad wrote: »

Oh great, they did this before? So no chance of them actually doing what they should have done in the first place? Awesome, well Im going to TRY to not let this make me quit again, but idk, iv been on for 5 minutes since the servers came back up and I already dont really want to stare at this stupid, pointless eyesore anymore.

Yes, this is unfortunately not their first bingo rodeo. :(
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited September 13, 2018
    PSSST!!... Hey kids!.... wanna GAMBLE?!... Want to spend some MONEY on gachapons?... I know you want to....

Aaaaaany time now....
    giphy.gif

Cat: Normal Players
    Cat Toy: Bingo Icon
    LadameSaiNeirennArjuneKingEphyIyasenuvioletkittAlexLightForeRuniaRaykaand 11 others.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Blortad wrote: »

Yes, this is unfortunately not their first bingo rodeo. :(

Tells you how important our feedbacks are to them, right?
    Sherri
  • BlortadBlortad
    I mean the inability to move the icon, iv seen them use similar dumb icons, but they let u move those if u didnt give a
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 17, 2018
    deleted, leaving the forums.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    Gaea wrote: »
    There is nothing they or we can do about the button. This has always been how the gacha event was designed. Maybe we'll be lucky and we will only have to deal with this gacha for 2 weeks and then they can make it go away.

Doesn't mean they can't change it. I haven't played in awhile, but even I remember hiding other event buttons, and being able to move them. The one that comes to mind was from a fishing event, you could move it or even bar it, it'd still be on the screen, but you could put it behind a window, or in the corner out of the way. This bingo icon is *beep*ing stupid, both in placement and priority.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    It's a in ur face new kind of subliminal marketing...I think? o3o
  • TNinjaTNinja
    The icon actually coivers up a good portion of my skill buttons I have near the inventory.

GG.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 17, 2018
    deleted, leaving the forums.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    LunarZero wrote: »
    There is nothing they or we can do about the button. This has always been how the gacha event was designed. Maybe we'll be lucky and we will only have to deal with this gacha for 2 weeks and then they can make it go away.

Doesn't mean they can't change it. I haven't played in awhile, but even I remember hiding other event buttons, and being able to move them. The one that comes to mind was from a fishing event, you could move it or even bar it, it'd still be on the screen, but you could put it behind a window, or in the corner out of the way. This bingo icon is *beep*ing stupid, both in placement and priority.

I can assure you that they can't change it.

The only thing they can't change is how lazy they are. It can easily be made to be hidden or moved, but they choose not to do it.
    YangKoete
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

Who is they?
  • TNinjaTNinja

Alright, I'll bite. How can you assure us?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    There is a reasonable precedent for cash shop and event icons, and they didn't think to use that here. There was that old "You can minimize and move this icon" box they would put the icons in so people that are not participating in the event could most it to some discreet corner with the thing turning invisible unless you mouse over it. But I guess they were just so proud of their bingo that they have to put a big dumb brightly lit not to mention big icon to constantly remind you to spend NX.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I don't really understand who on the marketing team thought that this makes people buy more gacha.

If someone was going to buy gacha, then it's easier to find the button... hoorah for them. Then there's the sect of people who see the button and buy gacha (I feel like there aren't that many of these people, but I'm often mistaken.) hoorah for them too.

Then there's the rest of us who don't care and don't want it obstructing our screen. It actually almost completely blocks my shoe equipment slot because of how my inventory is positioned lol.

One might argue that it still continues to encourages an even smaller sect of people who thought they didn't care but since the button can't be displaced in any fashion and you see it everyday, you'll be hypnotized into spending more on the gacha than you would have otherwise...

I strongly doubt the marginal profit from that is really worth pissing off literally everyone else AND the people who still buy gacha who have to deal with the unmovable icon. Why not just have it be a minimizeable/movable icon? It's not like they're not capable of doing it. They've done it in the past several times now, and it was the best of both worlds imo.

Nexon gets to advertise, we get to close the ad after we view it briefly if we're not the target audience. Everyone's happy?
    YangKoetekapapaSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited September 14, 2018

Who is they?

S U H G R E F