Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should I use another spirit weapon?

PandaninjaPandaninja
Mabinogi Rep: 830
edited September 14, 2018 in Help
I know Spirit Weapons aren't that good right now, but I still kinda want to keep using one. Right now, I have a Spirit Tower Cylinder for good Hydra Damage. This was when I was using Alchemy as my primary method of attacking. Now, I've switched over to Chain Slash, Archery, Puppetry + Alchemy. I've noticed I don't really use my Tower Cylinder all that often, so I was thinking maybe I should transfer over to a bow so that I can have a maybe cheap and decent bow?

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated, thanks everyone!

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Just get a BDK bow for 500k-1mil it does more than an ego and costs like 1/100 of the price for an ego bow
    Pandaninja
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    If you're using a spirit weapon in the hope that it will be effective, then spirit cylinders are pretty much the only ones that aren't very directly outclassed by regular weapons and that's only for hydra/rain. For a cheap bow, you may as well get a cheap Black Dragon Knight bow instead of raising a spirit weapon.
    Pandaninja
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited September 15, 2018
    Just about any fully upgraded sword or blunt weapon is better than a spirit weapon. It would also get stupid-expensive to repair because of how useful (and weapon-breaking) Bash is.
    Spirit wands are absolute garbage since either: none of the raised stats give any magic associated boons (first generation wands) or the wand does not have chain cast (second generation wands). Also, spirit second generation wands' boosts to mana reduction, casting speed and magic damage are very minimal.
    All spirit bows are meh since archery is finicky depending on far away from California you are. A Black Dragon Knight's Bow is an absurdly powerful bow that outdamages any maxed out spirit bow. The only good thing about a spirit bow is that a spirit Wing Bow has 2600 range which I believe is the farthest reaching bow in the game (don't quote me on this!).
    Spirit Cylinders are pretty much the best spirit weapons since all the stats you increase will increase all four alchemy bonuses, essentially making a fire+water cylinder with none of the penalties.

ALL spirit incarnation attacks are outdated since they do a fixed range of damage.
    Pandaninja
  • PandaninjaPandaninja
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Thanks everyone! I've decided to continue using my tower cylinder spirit. I know Towers are good for Hydra, but is it also good for rain too, or is that for another type of cylinder?

Thanks again!
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Aeolys wrote: »
    The only good thing about a spirit bow is that a spirit Wing Bow has 2600 range which I believe is the farthest reaching bow in the game (don't quote me on this!).

You're right on both counts.
    Pandaninja wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I've decided to continue using my tower cylinder spirit. I know Towers are good for Hydra, but is it also good for rain too, or is that for another type of cylinder?

Thanks again!

A hurricane cylinder is ideal for rain.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Since there are better choices for damage dealing than ego weapons then what you should be looking for in an ego weapon is something other than just damage. The tower cylinder is one such option so it's not like your missing out; staying with it is an option. I'm a giant so not really an expert on bows but my understanding is that an egoed longbow has farther range than anything else except possibly meteor strike. So situations where a long hitting distance matters is a consideration for it: sniping, maybe rafting, and so on. Another option is another cylinder: the Celtic Tetra Cylinder. What I've been told is that an egoed version of this allows you to safely maintain a constant rain cloud.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I have an Ego Leather Long Bow. I'm still working on leveling her; I just make rounds around the lake and pick up gems people drop.... I like these fishing events, makes it a lot more inexpensive to work with, and she doesn't take up a lot of room in my special inventory. xD
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Just passing by, but uh.. are there any perks for a Healing Wand Spirit Weapon? I've replaced my cylinder spirit weapon for one a while back.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited September 15, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »
    Just passing by, but uh.. are there any perks for a Healing Wand Spirit Weapon? I've replaced my cylinder spirit weapon for one a while back.

According to the wiki, a spirit healing wand (both regular and tikka) gives a boost to how much you heal and decreases mana costs. The heal boost is +1 at (social) level 1and up to +11 at level 50. I'm not a healer but an additional +11 hp from a maxed out spirit weapon doesn't seem that much especially since we got that one update that adds 1 point of healing for every 5 Magic Attack you have. A spirit healing wand will also decreases mana consumption (-20% at level 30). Unfortunately, a Tikka Healing Wand can be upgraded to have a whopping -45% mana consumption which makes it a much better choice (and significantly cheaper!) than a spirit healing wand.
    I personally would get an upgraded Tikka Wand.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited September 16, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »
    Another option is another cylinder: the Celtic Tetra Cylinder. What I've been told is that an egoed version of this allows you to safely maintain a constant rain cloud.

CTC can't be Ego'd, according to wiki. If it could, that'd be hella powerful, but hella worth it.

Verdict on Ego Cylinders seems to be Tower for Hydra and/or Dungeons, regular Cylinder for all else; I don't think RC is affected by Tower (how could it? It can't be cast with the Tower).
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    I just use an ego EQ cylinder for sand burst and hydra, usually in dangerous areas such as phant for safety measures in team play.