Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Goodbye Forums...?

GretaGreta
Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
edited September 18, 2018 in Town Square
So I just got a warning for quoting few derailed posts in "Age difference of Mabinogi" thread...

Before, derailed posts would have been ninja deleted, but now instead of doing that, GM decided to give a warning to people who didn't realize the derailment of the post that was created by someone and unintentionally answered couple of times. As long as I'm aware, EVERYONE who derailed or just answered the derailed post got a warning (at least 3 more users got warned if that's the case). So far @Gaea is leaving, so I decided that it's probably for the best if I leave too before I get banned over these silly bloopers. I assume @Kensamaofmari and @Hellkaizer fell for this silly warning too...

Gonna come back to these forums when they remove these ridiculous warnings or add a feature where warnings disappear over some time. I might lurk somewhere around here, but I will most likely avoid posting anything, except if any forum contest will come up or anything else important.

So until then...
KensamaofmariSherriDANIartsImaizumiHelsa

Comments

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    just stop caring about these forums, thats why theyre so inactive now compared to years ago. Not even much happened during the summer.
    ImaizumiGretaTheNyanCatSherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited September 18, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    So I just got a warning for quoting few derailed posts in "Age difference of Mabinogi" thread...

Before, derailed posts would have been ninja deleted, but now instead of doing that, GM decided to give a warning to people who didn't realize the derailment of the post that was created by someone and unintentionally answered couple of times. As long as I'm aware, EVERYONE who derailed or just answered the derailed post got a warning (at least 3 more users got warned if that's the case). So far @Gaea is leaving, so I decided that it's probably for the best if I leave too before I get banned over these silly bloopers. I assume @Kensamaofmari and @Hellkaizer fell for this silly warning too...

Gonna come back to these forums when they remove these ridiculous warnings or add a feature where warnings disappear over some time. I might lurk somewhere around here, but I will most likely avoid posting anything, except if any forum contest will come up or anything else important.

So until then...

yep I got the same warning, I only really still visit the forums because idk. Old habit? Idk if I'll "leave" but I wont be as active. People make comments about players being mentally handicapped no warning, make a jab at someones age and apparently I'm baiting, flaming, derail, and being "nasty" and making "trouble" in general.

Oh look, the forums are dying due to over moderation once again. Only a matter of time before the discord goes too I suppose.
    GretaImaizumiSherriAsuriel
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    The tea is scalding. I’d actually read said thread if I wasn’t currently at college. I’m actually interested in what happened.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

So until then...

yep I got the same warning, I only really still visit the forums because idk. Old habit? Idk if I'll "leave" but I wont be as active. People make comments about players being mentally handicapped no warning, make a jab at someones age and apparently I'm baiting, flaming, derail, and being "nasty" and making "trouble" in general.

Oh look, the forums are dying due to over moderation once again. Only a matter of time before the discord goes too I suppose.

We're all in the same boat. Whee! I'll pop up once in a while like a gopher, but expecting workload to increase now heading towards the end of the year...
    ImaizumiSherri
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Sebastian wrote: »
    The tea is scalding. I’d actually read said thread if I wasn’t currently at college. I’m actually interested in what happened.

Everything is deleted now. TLDR; the users in question were joking about one of them being old(to which that person responded with an anime gif of an old dude with a cane) over the course of like, 8 comments, and all of them(from the sound of it) were warned for derailing the thread.
    GretaSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    ForeRunia wrote: »

Everything is deleted now. TLDR; the users in question were joking about one of them being old(to which that person responded with an anime gif of an old dude with a cane) over the course of like, 8 comments, and all of them(from the sound of it) were warned for derailing the thread.

Wow.. so something all in good fun was personally shot down by a GM.. yeah, this forum is just royally screwed at this rate. :/
    Greta
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    I personally haven't gotten any warning from that(specially because i never knew it existed, nor commented on it xD)
    The only warning i ever gotten, was "spam"....on my own post...which 1.)wasn't spam, only bumped once a day to let people know i was still taking art requests for freebies - which I've done SEVERAL TIMES in past freebies I've done. and B.)made no sense.

but some GM's i guess... could think of it as bullying? and some actually know it was all in good fun. So maybe that specific GM was like "NO BULLYING!" *Warns everyone*?
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • SebastianSebastian
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    I personally haven't gotten any warning from that(specially because i never knew it existed, nor commented on it xD)
    The only warning i ever gotten, was "spam"....on my own post...which 1.)wasn't spam, only bumped once a day to let people know i was still taking art requests for freebies - which I've done SEVERAL TIMES in past freebies I've done. and B.)made no sense.

but some GM's i guess... could think of it as bullying? and some actually know it was all in good fun. So maybe that specific GM was like "NO BULLYING!" *Warns everyone*?

In that case, each and every situation can be handled different by any different GM, which I personally see as a problem. It basically becomes a roulette of how someone’s reprimanded for their actions. There honestly needs to be more consistency, because as someone on the sidelines, I’ve seen a LOT of inaction towards actual controversial and damaging posts and even more action on posts that have no reason to be judged as harshly.

Just my two cents.
    GretaJazmynSherriImaizumiForeRuniaAsuriel
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    DANNYdani wrote: »

In that case, each and every situation can be handled different by any different GM, which I personally see as a problem. It basically becomes a roulette of how someone’s reprimanded for their actions. There honestly needs to be more consistency, because as someone on the sidelines, I’ve seen a LOT of inaction towards actual controversial and damaging posts and even more action on posts that have no reason to be judged as harshly.

Just my two cents.

You know my specific ban says
    - Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.

Derailment on the thread "Age difference of Mabinogi".

But what I posted was entirely a joke. The user I responded to saw it that way too, or they wouldn't respond with an anime reaction gif. If they felt it was an attack, it would have been reported instead of responded to in a lighthearted fashion. The old forums have the same issues for being spastically moderated. Someone had a warning for telling someone to eat snickers, which is a brand slogan, meanwhile comments wishing ill will on Nexon employees because G21 pt 2 is too hard go unmoderated or removed and said accounts remain unbanned. Despite the Code of Conduct saying this
    "- Making racist, derogatory, threatening comments and/or direct attacks on other members will not tolerated."

But alas, the Code of Conduct means nothing because this little bit is stuck in as well, basically saying you can get banned for any reason should the person reviewing think you deserve a ban:
    The Forum Rules of Conduct are enforced at the moderators' discretion along with the appropriate course of action taken on abusers.

However, the entire thread was about Mabi player's ages. If the train of comments deleted were to have been made in a new thread, to avoid derailing the first thread, we would be breaking Code of Conduct because of this as well
    - Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.

So it was a lose-lose situation either way.
    ImaizumiDANIartsGretaSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    - Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.

Based on this alone, you could only use derailment on a thread if it was used to incite an argument or negative behavior anyways... not just because it was off topic... I didn't see it though, and maybe someone did take offense to it, even if indirectly, and did report it and that was what happened. It sucks, really it does. I totally hear where everyone is coming from on everything. Maybe staff is getting hammered on somewhere by Nexon saying hey, clean the forums up NOW or ELSE... We don't know what's going on anywhere, and it sucks. I'm not saying anything of this was deserved, as I don't think I saw it at all, and I didn't see if it was reported by someone...

Things are changing somewhere for some reason. Certain rules (like where threads should be... -cough-) aren't making sense anymore... Maybe they feel like we're walking all over them; maybe not. We don't actually know what's going on and THAT is what sucks.
    Sherri
  • SebastianSebastian

But what I posted was entirely a joke. The user I responded to saw it that way too, or they wouldn't respond with an anime reaction gif. If they felt it was an attack, it would have been reported instead of responded to in a lighthearted fashion. The old forums have the same issues for being spastically moderated. Someone had a warning for telling someone to eat snickers, which is a brand slogan, meanwhile comments wishing ill will on Nexon employees because G21 pt 2 is too hard go unmoderated or removed and said accounts remain unbanned. Despite the Code of Conduct saying this
    "- Making racist, derogatory, threatening comments and/or direct attacks on other members will not tolerated."

But alas, the Code of Conduct means nothing because this little bit is stuck in as well, basically saying you can get banned for any reason should the person reviewing think you deserve a ban:
    The Forum Rules of Conduct are enforced at the moderators' discretion along with the appropriate course of action taken on abusers.

However, the entire thread was about Mabi player's ages. If the train of comments deleted were to have been made in a new thread, to avoid derailing the first thread, we would be breaking Code of Conduct because of this as well
    - Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.

So it was a lose-lose situation either way.

Jeez. I really have no words for this.

Quick edit:
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Things are changing somewhere for some reason. Certain rules (like where threads should be... -cough-) aren't making sense anymore... Maybe they feel like we're walking all over them; maybe not. We don't actually know what's going on and THAT is what sucks.
    THIS. 100% this. We're practically left in the dark without knowing how things are specifically handled and the process of deciding when action is taken.
    SherriAsuriel
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    All I can really say to this is, if you know what GM decided to warn a bunch of people, try PMing them and ask?
    if they tell you a specific reason, then more power to em'/you? Cause then at least you have a reason, but if they just tell you part of the code of conduct, then either they hav a reason but aren't willing to tell, or have no reason? Idk, I'm just saying it, it's always good to ask.

When I got warned via PM by an admin, I asked why and got a bit of an answer, so.
    ofc i don't have a warning warning on my profile or anything, but i still had a warning nonetheless.
    ForeRuniaSherri
    I will say this: I participated in the derailment of the thread knowing the risks of doing so, so if they had felt that my comments had crossed the line to warrant the warning; it is what it is. It is a lesson to maintain and uphold the peace of the forums for the better or worse.
    Although, it would be better to receive an explanation when we get the notification of the warning so that if we did indeed wrongly cross the line, it would be possible to see what exactly where we went wrong.
    SebastianDANIarts
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    I know I am dragging my feet at this point, but I just wanted to say I will miss interacting with you guys. I've been lurking and reading this thread. This is officially my last comment here. Take care everyone. It's been fun.

Hit me up on discord Gaea#3992 if you like, I have left the unofficial discord channel. I'm basically just going to avoid them at this point and here on.
    GretaKensamaofmariSherriAsuriel
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Gaea wrote: »
    I know I am dragging my feet at this point, but I just wanted to say I will miss interacting with you guys. I've been lurking and reading this thread. This is officially my last comment here. Take care everyone. It's been fun.

Hit me up on discord Gaea#3992 if you like, I have left the unofficial discord channel. I'm basically just going to avoid them at this point and here on.

Aww man, all my OG homies are leaving. Greta... Gaea... I read threads because of you guys. :'(
    CrimsọnGretaSebastian
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 19, 2018
    I still see some people are still confused as to why we got warnings for a the same thing out of nowhere. So here I'm going to post a conversation of mine and Katherz in Discord. I went in this time and asked her myself right after I found the warning:
    feQPgqE.png
    u4HtkrJ.png
    8yYIDT4.png

As you can see, she warned everyone involved in derailment posts. Doesn't matter even if you just quoted something or made the derailment yourself.
    Someone made page long quotes and I came in there confused and simply asked "What the hell is going on?", then others came in posting other off-topic comments and I went along with it, forgetting the actual threads meaning. Don't remember being it 3 pages long though... I guess thanks to someone who made page long quotes with huge gaps in it.

Also Katherz said this:

GUeRtwV.png

Anyway, I still think this whole deal was unjustified and harsh. Like 90% of forums users for sure, at least once, derailed the thread somewhere and it happens almost everyday. It always used to be ninja edited and sometimes VFM leaves a text in bold asking to not derail things, but not this time I guess... Also, there have been plenty of times where forum user posts insulting comment towards someone or purposely say things that might trigger a bait and derailed arguments and those got unnoticed hundreds of times. But when I said "2edgy4me" and "eat some snickers" I instantly got a warning for insulting and derailment, meanwhile the person next to me called Dev's idiots, got over 10 likes, and they got away with it since their post wasn't removed. Even flagged that comment and nothing was done. It's literally again'st CoC to post insulting or threatening comments towards anyone, especially Nexon employees. Like seriously. what? The forums are so biased and it's dying even more because of such events.
    Pretty much noticed that most people got a free pass who were either new in forums or rarely post anything, but if they do post, then it's something controversial or just rude and most of times they will be unnoticed.

I really enjoyed these forums. Met a lot of players in here and learned so much stuff that probably would have never been learnt if not threads here in forums. Thanks for the laughs, information, embarrassing moments and anything else that you might have experienced with me for the past few years. Such things is what made these forums still somewhat alive, but if they keep up with this random moderation then I guess the forums will keep on dying until they start making interesting stuff in here. Still waiting for Custom Avatars (like almost 2 years now, Sabina made a promise of it coming "soon" lol) and now for a system where warnings will be gone after some time, because I don't feel safe in these forums anymore and I really don't want to get banned over some silly mistakes. What a pity...

R.I.P. Mabinogi Forums 2016-2018.
    SherriHelsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited September 19, 2018
    Ergh...! Dragging my feet some more... But I can't stand it anymore! The problem is the warnings DO NOT EXPIRE with THIS forum version. That is what Nkeona told me. Take a look at this.

T3Clquv.png
    The first one was because of this back in 2017:
    image.png?width=768&height=437
    The second was because of us quoting too much. BIG WHOOP. Shoulda just deleted the comments and placed a post warning like many of the ACTUAL mods usually do.

So basically the next time I "screw up" will be the end. I don't think they effing realize that or care. And I get it! To each their own in this society. Their paycheck before mine and mine before theirs. If someone tells them to jump off a cliff, they're gonna have to or die anyway!

I am probably going to regret commenting any further. I just...have been lamenting this for the past couple of days. Hopefully someone understands.
    GUeRtwV.png

That will totally be on the bottom of the to do list and you know it Katherz. Humans ideologies conflict, (especially from the west coast). Stuff happens and you have to clean up messes to save your own asses. That's fine, whateverrrrrrrrrr I guess. Even tactful free speech is a luxury.

The intent of these forums was their ultimate culmination to control us. No signatures, then no custom avatars, and now we have found out that warnings do not expire (as where the previous version did). With every new version they restricted us more. This uniform totalitarian platform was implemented INTENTIONALLY by Nexon NA that is based in LIBERAL LA of CALIFORNIA (which is having a HUGE exodus of citizens btw). They will not change anything about these forums Katherz. This is EXACTLY how they want the forums to be.

They will eliminate me in a heart beat, and they will eliminate any employee they suspect any of insubordination or conflict to the company. This past year should completely and totally reflect that with greed on the side amplified. I know from glassdoor reviews that your higher ups were resentful of the snack bar they gave you guys to boost morale after the mass layoffs this year. After everything they put you through...that is disgusting. How DARE they!

How am I supposed to take this? I am quite reasonably suspicious of everything at this point. I used to trust you guys! Where I thought everything was improving and defended you guys for years - this is what I get. I know it's selfish to say that, but I don't care anymore. It is what it is and I will speak my mind especially if I am pissed enough! Nexon is still awful and it's like reliving an old nightmare of the dark ages for this game.

I held my tongue long enough. You can now ban me from the forums for something more worth it. :|

RIP!
    SebastianGretaDANIartsSherriAsuriel
    And a 1, 2, 3 strikes and we're out of the ol' ball game.
    SebastianDANIartsSherri
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    I personally do hope these things get fixed...I feel bad for the admins and mods and stuffs, but the situation could've definitely been dealt with a LOT better, even in different ways it could've been dealt with....way better than what the outcome came too be....
    I get it, the job is stressful, but there are even more stressful jobs out there, people die because of those stressful jobs, and I get it...We all can get stressed out due to things and jobs, literally any job is stressful, just....some jobs are more stressful than others...

I personally feel like, whenever they have the time, to go and relieve their stress, take their mind off mabi for a bit - even if it's just a day... spend time with family and have fun, if their in a relationship - then go out to eat with whom they love/are married too, or simply...listen to music and chillax, take a chill pill.

because their stress does affect us greatly, and the way I see it, the warnings given to these people is as if a customer is being taken out of a store for doing absolutely nothing but responding too...a joke or a question that just so happened to have derailed a situation by accident?
    that's personally just how I see it.
    Sebastian