Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Failed Pokemon knockoff

AnimemabiAnimemabi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
in Item/Premium Shop
You can Name it Nature's Blessing Box all you want but we can tell your trying and failing at making a pokemon knockoff thing lol
Xtroo

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited September 20, 2018
    Because there clearly haven't been elemental-based creatures in any other game other than Pokemon (/sarcasm) Examples of other games that use elemental-based spirits/creatures below.

The only one that really falls under that is the owl because of Rowlet, but the other ones are unique enough. =T

They can call it Nature's Blessing Box if they so please. The puppets appear to be Elementals, which are spiritual representations of Nature! It still fits.

maxresdefault.jpg Higgledies from Ni No Kuni 2
    latest?cb=20131025175238 Djinn from Golden Sun
    eight_elementals_small.jpg Secret of Mana

WolfandWolfSherriBronzebreakBlissfulkillAnimelove89
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    The only thing vaguely Pokemon-like in this gacha is the trainer outfits and every game on the planet has some similar stuff. Get over it .Don't buy into it if you don't want to support it.
    LeineiSherriBronzebreak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Dreadhawk wrote: »
    The only thing vaguely Pokemon-like in this gacha is the trainer outfits and every game on the planet has some similar stuff. Get over it .Don't buy into it if you don't want to support it.

Yeah, OP needs to expand their game library if Pokemon is the only elemental creature/spirit game they can mention. XD
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    And what’s wrong if it WAS a lot like Pokemon, anyway? Pokemon is nice. :)

In Mabinogi, I wanna be the very best.

Like no one ever was.
  • LeineiLeinei

Like no one ever was.

Yeah! Personally, I wasn't even thinking of Pokemon when I saw the puppets. I'm like woooooah Elementals...! =D
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Leinei wrote: »

Yeah! Personally, I wasn't even thinking of Pokemon when I saw the puppets. I'm like woooooah Elementals...! =D

Oh definitely! I thought about Pokemon, but I also immediately thought about The Rune Factory series. They have the elemental creatures too. I forgot what they called them.

But elemental seem to be a really common theme in a lot of games. And even in a lot of myth stories too.
    TheNyanCat
  • LeineiLeinei

Oh definitely! I thought about Pokemon, but I also immediately thought about The Rune Factory series. They have the elemental creatures too. I forgot what they called them.

But elemental seem to be a really common theme in a lot of games. And even in a lot of myth stories too.

I never got past the first Rune Factory (sadly, the first game wasn't that great too me =T).

I thought of Secret of Mana first.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Aren't they called Runeys?
    a66e18ade1.png
    Very imaginative name, right?

Heh, if that water one had a water cloak it'd almost be exactly the same as the water puppet.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Iyasenu wrote: »

a66e18ade1.png

OH YEAH! Heh. It's possible the name slipped my mind because they aren't even mentioned that much in the last game, Rune Factory 4.
    But they were SO annoying in RF: Frontier. You had to keep them in balance, but it was hard and mine kept all dying off. Or...rather...they kept "eating" each other. Because there was a food hierarchy thing or something.
    Heh, if that water one had a water cloak it'd almost be exactly the same as the water puppet.

This is exactly why I thought of them XD
    Iyasenu
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Umm sorry OP but I don't know what you're drinkin', I didn't see a single connection between the gachapon and Pokemon until you tried and failed to compare the two. -_-
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited September 20, 2018
    Excuse you and your entire race?

29598285_706915896098875_4517544384562923357_n.png?_nc_cat=109&oh=122bd630226cb1126889814d97e23f95&oe=5C6085FC
    Kensamaofmari
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    How many pets does this game have and you only NOW want to compare it to Pokemon?
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited October 4, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »

a66e18ade1.png

OH YEAH! Heh. It's possible the name slipped my mind because they aren't even mentioned that much in the last game, Rune Factory 4.
    But they were SO annoying in RF: Frontier. You had to keep them in balance, but it was hard and mine kept all dying off. Or...rather...they kept "eating" each other. Because there was a food hierarchy thing or something.

This is exactly why I thought of them XD

The two critters on the left remind of the Friendly Foot and Sila Cave Plant characters in a game called Rakuen (feels heavy game; you have been warned).

66-update5_0203.png

Dd797NwU0AAmesV.jpg
    BronzebreakKensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Like no one ever was.

You are the best, WolfandWolf-sama! I believe in you!!!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Since we're on the topic of pokemon, just swerving to the side of the road just a bit.
    Why isn't there more pokemon/mabinogi parodies done?