Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Uncap ancient but capped skills

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
in Feedback and Suggestions
Things like Mana Shield, Rest, Campfire, First Aid, Meditation and Evasion are still capped for seemingly no reason. It could be argued that Mana Shield and Meditation are capped for game balance, but then wouldn't it be better from nearly all perspectives if they were just adjusted to not upset balance but still rank to 1? That way people have to put in the time to rank them still, generating more play time, generating more micro-transactions. Isn't that the basic idea behind how an MMO makes money? Even still, the other skills on this list couldn't even possibly upset balance in any way. Nobody even bothers with first aid anymore because it takes too long and there are much better means of recovering wounds. Even if it did heal much more, ppl still likely wouldn't use it much. Same goes with rest, and campfire, there are better ways. All uncapping evasion would do is allow people to get 1 extra dodge, and really, when was the last time anyone actually even saw someone use evasion as it is? There is no way that just adding an extra dodge could be perceived as overpowered when nobody even uses 1 dodge to begin with. As it stands now, the only thing these skills being capped does is confuse new players. I managed to get a friend of mine tos tart playing recently and it was very confusing for him, and now every single skill I tell him to rank he asks me what the max rank is, even though max rank for pretty much everything is R1 with the exception of these few skills, many of which have been capped for WAY beyond the scope of what anyone ever expected for a timeframe for uncapping such simple, mundane skills.

Comments

• IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited September 20, 2018
    Rest, Campfire, Cooking and First Aid are uncapped in Korea and we should be getting this sooner or later, so these three skills are at least going to be getting the uncap treatment. But even still, capped skills in general are pretty stupid and can indeed leave people confused.

Here's to hoping that Nexon doesn't take forever to uncap the rest of the currently capped skills.
  • BlortadBlortad
    edited September 20, 2018
    I read about that, werent they supposed to be uncapped with g21 part 2? I dont remember reading that in any update notifications or patch notes around that time, and I watch those closely for good reason.

If thats the case, who knows how long itl be. If the other times they arbitrarily delayed a portion of an update are any indication, it may be a LONG wait for us. Look at Doppleganger and the travelers guide for instance.
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    Blortad wrote: »
    I read about that, werent they supposed to be uncapped with g21 part 2? I dont remember reading that in any update notifications or patch notes around that time, and I watch those closely for good reason.

If thats the case, who knows how long itl be. If the other times they arbitrarily delayed a portion of an update are any indication, it may be a LONG wait for us. Look at Doppleganger and the travelers guide for instance.

I don't remember reading anything about G21 Part 2 having the uncapped skills. Other than that, we just recently got the Smash and Windmill rework so hopefully the uncapped Life skills shouldn't be too far behind.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Honestly, I hope ur right, itd be another step in the right direction. Fortunately, they seem to be making alot of those lately. I really hope this trend continues, maybe wel see some improvement to spirit weapons in the near future? :D