Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Goodbye Forums...?

Comments

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Guys just ignore him, the amount of projection and false assumptions have broken the ceiling, weather he be a fanboy or a troll or perhaps both, he's trying to set this thread on fire. Focus on just talking about the issues you guys have on the forums and pay him no attention as he does nothing to bring to the conversation and he should be left irrelevant in this thread, otherwise this thread will be locked.
    ForeRuniaSebastianGretaSherriDANIartsKaga
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Greta wrote: »
    Please stop posting here if you are only here to cause us trouble. You are ruining this thread and I really don't want to get it locked or removed over someone who doesn't agree with others. Please stop this and thank you
    Julie wrote: »
    Guys just ignore [that person] ... [that person is] trying to set this thread on fire. Focus on just talking about the [topic subject] ... otherwise this thread will be locked. (Quote paraphrased)

The quotes above are important words of advice that apply to everyone, including those quoted above, not just hardmuscle. Please please remember your own advice in the future before trying to get a thread locked directly or indirectly. I hope everyone remembers this, including myself. For example, if someone uses a word or phrase that is not to your liking, please don't derail a thread to talk about the offending text then point at your own derailing discussion as evidence that the text is causing a commotion. A more honest solution is to report the text that offends you, ignore it, and carry on discussing the topic.
    SebastianGretaSherriDANIartsBuffalosForeRunia
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Anyway, I'm glad they're gonna try and make it so Warnings decrease over time but I'd like it if we got more information besides just that :c
    Though I guess that is a bit too much to ask for and who knows if it will even be added
    We've yet to get personal avatars after being told 'soon' about two years ago :l
    SebastianNegumiko
  • JulieJulie
    Sherri wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm glad they're gonna try and make it so Warnings decrease over time but I'd like it if we got more information besides just that :c
    Though I guess that is a bit too much to ask for and who knows if it will even be added
    We've yet to get personal avatars after being told 'soon' about two years ago :l

yeah sadly we got told about a lot of things and they dont get done, hopefully they fix this eventually.
    SebastianSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 23, 2018

There seems to be some kind of issue with Custom Avatar resizing and some security issues too. Katherz also said she was testing it and she wasn't sure what happened with it. I guess they either forgot it or/and had more important tasks to do. I hope she will bring that up to their team sooner or later. I'm really glad that she's also planning to change the warning system.
    Anyway, at least they are starting to make threads about various topics such as Server Merge, Name Changes and also some Weekly Localization discussions. I see they are genuinely trying to do some favor for this community. They even fixed so much title names, and there is Monthly Patch Notes too which often fixes a lot of buggy old and new content. We should be really thankful for what they are doing right now. I believe Katherz will make some things to work here in forums too.
    SebastianDANIartsSherriHelsa
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Julie wrote: »

yeah sadly we got told about a lot of things and they dont get done, hopefully they fix this eventually.

Honestly, I'm sure it can get implemented, even if it takes days, months, or even years.
    They have a list, right? like....based on that list and depending on how tough some of the coding will be for said list, it could take awhile.

Though, with that being said, I hope to see improvement in how things are handled.
    I love this game as well as the community(I even jokingly called an admin my senpai - or something along the lines of that because it was funny in the sense of a completely different post). Point is, I hope forum rules get better, and I hope that when warned - we AT LEAST get a PM letting us know SPECIFICALLY why the warn was placed.
    SebastianGretaSherri
  • SherriSherri

There seems to be some kind of issue with Custom Avatar resizing and some security issues too. Katherz also said she was testing it and she wasn't sure what happened with it. I guess they either forgot it or/and had more important tasks to do. I hope she will bring that up to their team sooner or later. I'm really glad that she's also planning to change the warning system.
    Anyway, at least they are starting to make threads about various topics such as Server Merge, Name Changes and also some Weekly Localization discussions. I see they are genuinely trying to do some favor for this community. They even fixed so much title names, and there is Monthly Patch Notes too which often fixes a lot of buggy old and new content. We should be really thankful for what they are doing right now. I believe Katherz will make some things to work here in forums too.

Ahh, so that's what's going on then. Well, if that's the case, then I definitely look forward to more info about the Warning system rather than Personal Avatars, it's much more important, at least IMHO c:
    As for Personal Avatars, it could be fixed by having a limit of how many times you can change it (maybe once a week or two) followed by a VFM and/or GM checking that photo for any ToS/security issues... possibly? Just an idea of mine
    DANIarts
  • JulieJulie

Ahh, so that's what's going on then. Well, if that's the case, then I definitely look forward to more info about the Warning system rather than Personal Avatars, it's much more important, at least IMHO c:
    As for Personal Avatars, it could be fixed by having a limit of how many times you can change it (maybe once a week or two) followed by a VFM and/or GM checking that photo for any ToS/security issues... possibly? Just an idea of mine

honestly theres lots of forums that handle the custom avatars situation just fine, as did this one before the forums updated, besides, these forums dont even get much traffic
    Sherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited September 24, 2018
    [text removed]

In my mind the point of this thread was to show that nexon needs a little better communication with how bans are handled. Obviously trying to talk about it hasn't worked in the past so hopefully this could lead to discussions being more open (As of now we basically know how nothing regarding forums work internally.) What hard is saying is basically "you just don't get it, I obviously get it because I'm right" and it's such low effort bait. When the people here are upset because they care. If I didn't care about the forums I'd take my warning and be gone, but I do care. That's why I'm here.
    SherriDANIarts
  • SherriSherri
    I never got warned before so I don't know what those who did are going through, but I still care, not only because it may happen to me in the future but because it could happen to so many others. That and the Warnings don't expire atm. :c
    Plus I agree we don't know very much at all about what's going on when we deserve to know more.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    [text removed]

Back on the topic at hand, I think the forums will die off unless we get some form of clarity. This isn't about anyone in general but...

We have threads being moved/edited/changed that doesn't really follow any guidelines at all

We're getting warnings that don't expire for seemingly small things

And another one that's probably a topic for another day is we need some clarity on what's okay to use alts for. People on the forums seem to be okay with using alts for the Chest event, and for the beach event but flip out over a bone dragon. Yes people abused all of those events with armies of alts but why is it only worth getting upset for bone dragons?
    SherriDANIarts
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Did we accumulate the same amount of "strikes" and got the same warning at the same time? I really don't know or understand fully how that goes, but that's what I was told as to why I got a warning this time.
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    We're getting warnings that don't expire for seemingly small things

It'd be nice to know derailing threads was bad before you got the warning. Were you ever warned for it before getting the official warning? It looks incredibly inconsistent to dish out punishments for it happening once, but not even let anyone know anywhere(not even in the Code of Conduct) that derailing threads is a punishable action. Up until now, we're led to believe it's only bad if it's done with ill intent. I suppose it makes sense why some things seemed ignored, as it's likely a "strike" leading up to an official warning. But from a user perspective, that appears to be extremely spastic and lazy moderating.

I don't know the pros and cons to this, but if there was a way to communicate when we get these "strikes," I'm sure most people would stop warn-able behavior. From what I can infer in this thread, no one even knew they were doing anything wrong until they received the warning. It's lack of clarity like this that makes it seem like there is a huge deal being made over seemingly small instances(which in turn creates a lot of FUD, such as putting a moderator's bias into question).
    SherriDANIarts
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Honestly at this point just best to ignore, let him be special and do whatever it is he's trying to do.
    Oh I know it's just best to ignore him now. I just wanted to get out some things I've been wanting to say to him for a while in a relevant manner.
    ForeRunia wrote: »
    It'd be nice to know derailing threads was bad before you got the warning. Were you ever warned for it before getting the official warning?
    Getting 'warned' without getting the account flag would require a moderator to make a post pointing that out, but anymore we seem to have ninja-moderators who don't post about anything they do(or post at all, for that manner), which is something Nexon absolutely must change with these forums. I really don't like that the moderating staff rarely make a post to a thread regarding actions taken in it, but I hate it more when the people doing the moderating get to just hide from everyone and do stuff because they simply have never made a post to the forums.
    Sherri
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Getting 'warned' without getting the account flag would require a moderator to make a post pointing that out, but anymore we seem to have ninja-moderators who don't post about anything they do(or post at all, for that manner), which is something Nexon absolutely must change with these forums. I really don't like that the moderating staff rarely make a post to a thread regarding actions taken in it, but I hate it more when the people doing the moderating get to just hide from everyone and do stuff because they simply have never made a post to the forums.

It's a little bizarre that things get ninja-edited without a reason being provided, to be honest. I've never seen this behavior on any other forum I've been in. Then again, every other forum I've been in allows us to view all previous versions of a comment(when edited) and who edited the comment. There's no excuse to keep things hidden if there is nothing to hide. There's a lot of things that can be done to make users aware of what is happening, while maintaining privacy when necessary. Making a post in the thread, editing the comment(and signing it), or even PM'ing the user directly. Right now, it looks like everything that's questionable is being hidden. And events that don't follow this trend are few and far in between. It should never be assumed that a comment can be ninja-edited or even deleted before someone has seen it.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    I know there can be PLENTY of improvements in places where it's proven to be better in.
    (if I worded that right?) Point is, I'd hate to see things that CLEARLY needs improvement to get worse... And that I hope this doesn't end up kinda like YouTube(How YouTube's become more strict with their "employees" but still keep them in the dark), I know we're not employee's of Nexon, but I hope none of us ends up even more in the dark, like, I know things get talked about and SOMETIMES we do get answers(which is technically better than YouTube) but I STILL don't EVER wanna see this get worse.

So I do extremely hope things get better, and that we improve more in the future.
    I just don't want this to some-how end up the forum-version of YouTube(Since some YouTube channels get banned for nothing, or for a very grey-area'd reason).

This is all I'm gonna say for now x'D
    Sherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    ForeRunia wrote: »
    It's a little bizarre that things get ninja-edited without a reason being provided, to be honest. I've never seen this behavior on any other forum I've been in. Then again, every other forum I've been in allows us to view all previous versions of a comment(when edited) and who edited the comment. There's no excuse to keep things hidden if there is nothing to hide. There's a lot of things that can be done to make users aware of what is happening, while maintaining privacy when necessary. Making a post in the thread, editing the comment(and signing it), or even PM'ing the user directly. Right now, it looks like everything that's questionable is being hidden. And events that don't follow this trend are few and far in between. It should never be assumed that a comment can be ninja-edited or even deleted before someone has seen it.
    Well the ninjas are all GM forum accounts(you can hover over the EDITED @ TIME text to see who did the edit), so it's not like Nexon is picking random people to do it. Honestly DMs would work great, but that would require the ninjas to stop being ninjas, though they never should have been hidden in the first place.
    SebastianForeRuniaSherri
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Well the ninjas are all GM forum accounts(you can hover over the EDITED @ TIME text to see who did the edit), so it's not like Nexon is picking random people to do it. Honestly DMs would work great, but that would require the ninjas to stop being ninjas, though they never should have been hidden in the first place.

Basically this, or some new system that's essentially just a DM session between the accused and the GMs
    ForeRunia
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Sebastian wrote: »

Basically this, or some new system that's essentially just a DM session between the accused and the GMs

I feel like we're walking a thin line on the forums sometimes. Criticism should be welcomed as long as its constructive, and I'm worried where things are heading now are going to lead to anything remotely negative being ban worthy or being ninja'd out. So like, saying whoever designed g21 should be fired isn't constructive at all, but making a suggestion such as "I think tagar hits too hard, and the attack is a little too fast. The speed of the attack should be slowed a bit, or give a larger window to react to make it more enjoyable as a storyline" that's constructive.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill who knows.
    KensamaofmariSebastian
  • SherriSherri
    Sebastian wrote: »

I feel like we're walking a thin line on the forums sometimes. Criticism should be welcomed as long as its constructive, and I'm worried where things are heading now are going to lead to anything remotely negative being ban worthy or being ninja'd out. So like, saying whoever designed g21 should be fired isn't constructive at all, but making a suggestion such as "I think tagar hits too hard, and the attack is a little too fast. The speed of the attack should be slowed a bit, or give a larger window to react to make it more enjoyable as a storyline" that's constructive.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill who knows.

I agree, since there's a 'no attacking Nexon' rule and a 'moderators can judge your sentence', so if they think your criticism is 'attacking' in any way, poof you go o3o
    errr thats what it seems like to me
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    The comment about me apparently drinking ticked me off a bit, clearly this toxic human being doesn't know who I am, as well as clearly assuming I'm talking about someone who I never even heard of until I read the post.
    Quit being toxic and stay out of this forum thread, or I will report you for bullying by this point.

ANYWAYS /back on topic/
    I feel like what would be a good idea, is one PM warning, but this PM warning any Admin can see as well as VFM's, that way if this person did it again, there's proof that they've been told too stop as well as having proof that everyone who could see the PM understood that the player KNEW not to do it, so when they get the warning placed on their account - account, they can't really complain or get upset.

For example: lets say someone is purposely bullying many players, they get reported, and ended up getting a DM saying that if it happens again, a warning will be placed on the account, but the person thinks of it as a joke and continues to do so, a warning gets placed on their account, they keep doing it, no more account.

this is all I'll say for now.
    SebastianGretaSherri