Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why stream on Caffeine over Twitch?

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
in General Chat
Unless it was a payed promotion thing for nexon, Caffeine is one of the worst streaming services I've seen, and what's with the chat? Stream is going good itself but whatever Caffeine is it's terrible.
JercouImaizumiVimiMirralChan

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    All start up streams tend to be bad at the beginning.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    All start up streams tend to be bad at the beginning.

I mean Caffeine itself was terrible, 240p mobile quality with scuffed audio, and a chat system that reminds me of some old AoL chat or something. I liked the stream for the gms and what they were doing I meant the streaming service itself was terrible.
    Imaizumi
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited September 26, 2018
    Twitch was horrible and laggy. On Caffeine the stream didnt lag or cutout or stall once for me. Caffeine is much better than twitch. It is also stated in the post that Caffeine is in it's pre-release state, so it's not going to be perfect right off the bat. There was even Caffeine staff in the chat answering questions.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    OMG!!! Stream was great! Glad I downloaded Firefox in time to watch!!

@GMNkeona Be sure to bring your Pizza Doughnuts to share during the next stream!

And Caffeine was definitely a LOT smoother running for me. Twitch was a pain waiting for it to load.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    In my opinion, it’s already better than Twitch— it wasn’t bloated, full of terrible meme faces, laggy, or on some sort of delay.

There’s always room for improvement, but for me at least, it hits nearly every goalpost.
    Sherri
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    I have to agree with others, I prefer this personally because the streamed didn't lag for me.

I'll take bad audio & video over choppy lag everyday.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    I prefer Caffeine as well, something about not having thousands of messages sent constantly through Twitch and instead through nice bubbles is a LOT easier on the eyes. Only issue I had was video quality, though I'm sure it'll get better.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I'll be honest, I'd imagine a lot of the issues they've had on Twitch's platform was probably something in their streaming settings being funky, and the stream on Caffeine being smoother would be because it's resolution limited (?).
    If it works, it's great! But I don't know how well it'll work when they scale up a bit more on the resolution and quality side of things.
    ForeRunia
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    was getting sick of how twitch handled things, Caffine sounding like an alternative now.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited September 27, 2018
    Did some reading, Caffeine is founded by two Ex-Apple execs. Caffeine raised 26m from two investment groups, then later 100m solely from 21st Century Fox. Caffeine (Fox) is built to compete with Twitch (Amazon) and Youtube Gaming (Google).

Why caffeine? I'm going to take a wild guess and say friend connections or a decree from nexon execs. EDIT* Just to be clear, I don't find anything wrong with either possibilities.
    JazmynSherriBronzebreak
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I'd imagine a lot of the issues they've had on Twitch's platform was probably something in their streaming settings being funky, and the stream on Caffeine being smoother would be because it's resolution limited (?).
    If it works, it's great! But I don't know how well it'll work when they scale up a bit more on the resolution and quality side of things.

It wasn't bad but...

I've tinkered a tiny bit with streaming. First time I did the quality was horrible and it lagged a ton, after doing a bit of research the quality drastically improved and it lagged less as well. Twitch isn't that user friendly but once it's set up properly... Also for people lagging with it ( I understand twitch is a bandwidth hog, I have had bootleg internet before as well basically dial up speed) but have you tried enabling the html player?
    ImaizumiForeRuniaBuffalos
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    is there a recording of the first stream like Twitch does ??
    Jianto
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    ookie wrote: »
    is there a recording of the first stream like Twitch does ??

I would like to know this too. The streams are at 2am for me so in the past I've always watched the recording on Twitch.
    Wasn't 21st Century Fox just sold to Disney? Or was that 20th?
    Anyway, the tech and media sector is ultra-competitive now in an uncertain market situation.
    New companies will need good service and quality and a multitude of other factors to prosper or they won't last long.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

21st Century Fox is the parent company that will be split in two, with the part going to Disney including most of the entertainment and creative assets, like 20th Century Fox film and tv studios, FX, National Geographic, control of Hulu. The other part of the parent company becomes "New Fox" and will include the remaining stuff, like the actual FOX network and other networks, FOX News and other news things, FOX Sports and related, and finally Fox's digital/website stuff.

It's this "New Fox" that is partnered with Caffeine.
    BronzebreakSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

21st Century Fox is the parent company that will be split in two, with the part going to Disney including most of the entertainment and creative assets, like 20th Century Fox film and tv studios, FX, National Geographic, control of Hulu. The other part of the parent company becomes "New Fox" and will include the remaining stuff, like the actual FOX network and other networks, FOX News and other news things, FOX Sports and related, and finally Fox's digital/website stuff.

So, basically it's Fox's way of having their own video platform so they can have their sheep spouting off nonsense without "risk of being censored". xD

Caffeine seemed like a social network to me, based on the descriptions, not a gaming/streaming platform. My husband had issues with the stream on his computer, while he doesn't on Twitch.
    Jazmyn wrote: »

So, basically it's Fox's way of having their own video platform so they can have their sheep spouting off nonsense without "risk of being censored". xD

Caffeine seemed like a social network to me, based on the descriptions, not a gaming/streaming platform. My husband had issues with the stream on his computer, while he doesn't on Twitch.

FOX has a lot of capital right now after failing its bid vs Comcast (NBC) to by UK's SKY.
    Jazmyn
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    because china...
    Pannya wrote: »
    because china...
    Pannya wrote: »
    because china...

still-life-photography-traditional-chinaware-260nw-452134165.jpg?
    JazmynVeylaineSherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    I don't care what streaming service is used personally, but just not caffeine again. Along with a lack of VOD after, the quality is something I'd expect someone to have if they were doing a stream from their phone. Of course it loads better, it's like 240p.

It crashed my chrome twice, and constantly had a weird desync with the audio from a 1995 walkie talkie.