Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why stream on Caffeine over Twitch?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Korea's Naver TV has decent streaming.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 27, 2018
    Doesn't twitch hate manga-artstyled games and tend to shoosh them away?
    Gentlemen
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    That would be the first I've ever heard of anything like that happening on twitch.
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Before discord allowed streaming to friends, I had a friend that would stream games on Twitch for me to watch while I did homework. We found out a lot of strange things that you're probably thinking of. Some games are against spoilers being streamed, like Persona 5, so you'll have to wait until the game has been released for so long or avoid certain parts of the game. Others have a built in mechanic that, when streaming, makes the screen go black and the audio cut out during cutscenes(Ratchet and Clank games do this a lot). However, it only happens on the screen viewers see, and not on the screen of the player. It's the game's company choosing those things to happen, not Twitch advocating something.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 28, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    That would be the first I've ever heard of anything like that happening on twitch.

Really? Just look over a list of banned games in Twitch. 80% of them are anime/manga-styled. Some people even started to spread rumors that some Mods of Twitch hate anime and ban them for no reason. Like, come on, you let people stream GTA 5, but you can't let a stream of the game where a guy lifts up girl skirts or/and take panty shots? Or any other game where a half-naked anime girls exits? Meanwhile you let a stream of God of War or GTA 5 where sex scenes exist and not to mention gore part even... Also... Go to IRL section of Twitch. What do you see? Ton of female streamers with cleavages, doing silly stuff like yoga, or just sitting there eating their spaghetti and talk useless crap. Is this a content that Twitch deserves these days? Sigh...
    THICCthighssavelivesSherriImaizumi
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Greta wrote: »

Really? Just look over a list of banned games in Twitch. 80% of them are anime/manga-styled. Some people even started to spread rumors that some Mods of Twitch hate anime and ban them for no reason. Like, come on, you let people stream GTA 5, but you can't let a stream of the game where a guy lifts up girl skirts or/and take panty shots? Or any other game where a half-naked anime girls exits? Meanwhile you let a stream of God of War or GTA 5 where sex scenes exist and not to mention gore part even... Also... Go to IRL section of Twitch. What do you see? Ton of female streamers with cleavages, doing silly stuff like yoga, or just sitting there eating their spaghetti and talk useless crap. Is this a content that Twitch deserves these days? Sigh...
    Just looking at the titles and some of the quick screenshots for those, a lot of them break Twitch's ToS for allowed content. There was a line I read somewhere about their stance on graphic content in the games they'll allow. Could pretty much be summed up with "if the game's entire sole focus isn't sex or innuendo, then it's normally good to stream."
    I can't talk about twitch camera girls cause I ignore all of them, and really so should anyone else on the platform.
    Bronzebreak
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited September 28, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

Just looking at the titles and some of the quick screenshots for those, a lot of them break Twitch's ToS for allowed content. There was a line I read somewhere about their stance on graphic content in the games they'll allow. Could pretty much be summed up with "if the game's entire sole focus isn't sex or innuendo, then it's normally good to stream."
    I can't talk about twitch camera girls cause I ignore all of them, and really so should anyone else on the platform.

While I don't believe Twitch disliking Mabinogi is the reason for the switch, the strangest thing banned is Yandere simulator. I don't quite get the reasoning. Is it a murder simulator? You have plenty of those allowed on Twitch! Perversion? In GTA V, you can have sex with prostitutes to whom you can then murder afterwards for your money back, whereas in Yandere simulator you can take pictures of panties at worst.

Yandere Simulator being banned is...something I don't understand, given what the ToS clearly states, and what is allowed. Of course, GTA V makes much more money, so you know...
    GretaTHICCthighssavelivesImaizumi
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I liked Caffeine. It was simple and uncluttered. You had your video stream and your viewer comments, nothing else. A recorded video for later playback would have been nice.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    In this day and age of streaming.
    There tends to be a struggle for video archiving even for the top media companies.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Yandere Simulator being banned is...something I don't understand, given what the ToS clearly states, and what is allowed. Of course, GTA V makes much more money, so you know...
    There are a ton of reasons Yandre Sim was banned. Most of it I cannot even begin to explain on these forums because of rules, but I can about guarantee that it wasn't banned solely because it was a small anime game.
    There tends to be a struggle for video archiving even for the top media companies.
    My suggestion would be for Nexon to start local recording their streams if they have the intent to keep an archive of them for later viewing. Get some use out of that Youtube channel I think they might have.
    Sherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    There are a ton of reasons Yandre Sim was banned. Most of it I cannot even begin to explain on these forums because of rules, but I can about guarantee that it wasn't banned solely because it was a small anime game.
    My suggestion would be for Nexon to start local recording their streams if they have the intent to keep an archive of them for later viewing. Get some use out of that Youtube channel I think they might have.

they do still have it but for whatever reason a ton of it has been deleted.

A ton? Are you exaggerating? The only discernible reason I can think of is murder within a school setting, given the context of today's school violence discussion in the US.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited September 29, 2018
    A ton? Are you exaggerating? The only discernible reason I can think of is murder within a school setting, given the context of today's school violence discussion in the US.
    The focuses of the game that are advertised right on the tin are mass torture, murder, and assault of minors. That isn't GTA.
    Sherri
    The focuses of the game that are advertised right on the tin are mass torture, murder, and assault of minors. That isn't GTA.

Oh, so we are discussing reasons versus reasonable reasons. I can understand why, I just do not agree, and think it baseless upon a closer examination.

I also disagree with the school violence, but given the context, I can see why the game was singled out.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    instead of arguing what Twitch does and doesn't allow why not just use Caffeine, obviously twitch favors their uncreative girls that have their chest painted and covering the entire camera despite it violating ToS with possibly no filters to keep the minors out of it.
    GretaBlissfulkillBuffalos
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Aquasol wrote: »
    In my opinion, it’s already better than Twitch— it wasn’t bloated, full of terrible meme faces, laggy, or on some sort of delay.

There’s always room for improvement, but for me at least, it hits nearly every goalpost.

try mixer

Twitch is delayed by 30 seconds on purpose to prevent stream sniping in games like pubg

also it might be laggy for people with nets unable to watch at 720p or better, and you have to get lucky to get quality controls for streams that allow the viewer to change between 1080p and 160p (unless the channel becomes partnered which would mean every day streams)

Mixer has only a 5 second delay at most
    im also fairly sure it has quality controls for everyone

but you cant clip stream highlights unless you're partnered
    THICCthighssavelivesBronzebreakSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    In my opinion, it’s already better than Twitch— it wasn’t bloated, full of terrible meme faces, laggy, or on some sort of delay.

There’s always room for improvement, but for me at least, it hits nearly every goalpost.

try mixer

Twitch is delayed by 30 seconds on purpose to prevent stream sniping in games like pubg

also it might be laggy for people with nets unable to watch at 720p or better, and you have to get lucky to get quality controls for streams that allow the viewer to change between 1080p and 160p (unless the channel becomes partnered which would mean every day streams)

I knew something was fishy with my video always lagging back when I watched a stream from Mabinogi or my friend play a game!
    Such a stupid idea of them..

Not to mention how messed up YanDev is for liking that stuff, but that's a whole new thread.. on a whole different website tbh, I think the moderators would have a heart attack reading up about it..
    Sebastian

try mixer

Are you sure that isn't a dating site for young adults, Splatulated?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sherri wrote: »

try mixer

I knew something was fishy with my video always lagging back when I watched a stream from Mabinogi or my friend play a game!
    Such a stupid idea of them..

Not to mention how messed up YanDev is for liking that stuff, but that's a whole new thread.. on a whole different website tbh, I think the moderators would have a heart attack reading up about it..

Twitch *had a delay because they had bandwidth issues. If you hold more than (I think it's 200) there's no delay. It's not to prevent stream sniping, and that's something you set yourself anyway.
    BuffalosSherri