Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I fell asleep in my chair while playing this game

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in Town Square
I was in rabbie adv and I was starting to feel very sleepy. At some point I did fell asleep in my chair but...I was still playing. I opened up an end chest and out dropped a fiend dress manual. But then I woke up and I was still in the first couple of rooms. I checked my inventory...and cried.

lol. jk

Has that happened to anyone else? Where you are playing, you fall asleep, and I guess in your dream you are still playing? It was so weird and felt real.
[Deleted User]FilthyRedDevil

Comments

• KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I fell asleep once while playing Mabi...woke up to the LOUD roar of a heavy gargoyle as it was charging / flying toward me with its Smash skill loaded.

Do I remember where I was? No. But I countered him and defeated him.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Nice.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I've fallen asleep playing Mabi before. Pealed the keyboard from my face when I woke up and spent 2 hours cleaning the drool out of it. It was that chime from a PM that had woke me up from a guildie. Never dreamt I was playing it though when I've fallen asleep playing it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I was sitting in my big huge comfy office chair laying back and my eyes just shut and I was still playing in my head. lol.
  • LynetteLynette
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    i had a dream where someone gave me an iteam ive been wanting for the longest time randomly for free and i was soooo happy. then i woke up and i just sat in bed for like 5 minutes very confused. i was like "i was just on mabi, why am i in bed?" then i went on mabi as soon as i got out of bed to check. and i didnt have the iteam. and was disapointed.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    -pat pat-
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    I have fallen asleep before as well. Woke up and the mission had completed. Everybody else finished it for me. :/
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    Whenever I run Math dungeon I get sleepy.. a couple times last year during the Math Christmas Dungeon event I fell asleep while running through a long hall.. When I woke up, I still had the mouse button down and I was running into a wall.
  • VivianVivian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Feel asleep once in a friend's hs. They thought it was pretty funny that my character was 'sleep talking' (occasionally speaking gibberish) and walking around.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 3, 2017
    Wow really? I never fell asleep while playing. Hell, i'm even having problems to fall asleep in bed for years.... xD
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I used to do that all the time.
    Other times I'd camp out in dungeons overnight
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Must be the winter, but I just feel so tired lately.
  • AtriarchAtriarch
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    yeah I fell asleep once waaaaaay back 7 years ago, had an odd dream that I was doing this event, I have no idea what the event was about but I was opening the boxes it gave and out popped a rare dye, it had one static color and a second color flowing on top of it like smoke. I used it on my robe at the time and when I woke up I wondered where it went for a few minuets.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Hardmuscle Yes, all the time. O_o

[Deleted User]
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    During one of the rare times I used my laptop to play mabi instead of my desktop, I was in my homestead with my friend and fell asleep, which is kinda normal for one of us to do so and the other to wait a while before heading off, but apparently I was endlessly running into the fence separating my decorations from my herbs until I probably woke up, got annoyed and shut my laptop :')
    foussiremix
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hand must of been resting on one of the movement keys. Lol!
  • LynetteLynette
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Hardmuscle

That said; Do you ever "faintly" hear the music from Mabinogi (or Maplestory) when you're not playing and everything is off? ☺
    all the time. one time i was at a store and started hearing the music from port cobh(my favorite music in mabi) and was so confused. i looked around thinking "whos playing mabi? and why in the middle of a store?" then i realized it was just in my head, and felt stupid.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    edited January 19, 2017
    I've fallen asleep while playing, but I don't think I've ever played in my sleep. My cat has played for me though. AFK is a dangerous thing when you have a cat.

@Sai
    Sai
    Sai said:

I used to do that all the time.
    Other times I'd camp out in dungeons overnight
    I've probably camped out in dungeons hundreds of times. I'm too tired to finish. Or I had a pass that was going to expire.

(Why don't quotes work right?)
  • nibblesthecatnibblesthecat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    The one time I fell asleep playing mabi, I woke up to the sound of me accidentally throwing my laptop.

Never again.

But yeah, I regularly have dreams in which mabi has better graphics and a wider range of events. Like the one about putting out fires in Cobh, or the one about a skiing event with an actual ski lift and a ski lodge quest hub.