Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weekly Loc Discussion: Favorite Pet!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 3, 2018 in Weekly Loc Discussion Archive
Hola, friends and Fomors. Can you believe we're already in October now? It seems like just yesterday we were sippin' cold drinks on the beaches of Connous, and now autumn is setting in.

It's the perfect time to head outdoors for an adventure...but don't forget to bring your pets along for the fun. And with as many pets as Mabinogi has, there's bound to be some serious variety in your adventuring companions. Some of you will no doubt enjoy maximal pet power, while others live for the hoarder's dream of pets with lots of inventory space. Still others, disciples of justice, simply roll with whichever pet is the cutest.

Soooo...it's time to represent! What's YOUR favorite pet (rideable or just companion), and why? Are there any pets that don't have any specific category they excel in that you just enjoy nonetheless, for personal reasons? Tell us all about them!

- The Mabinogi Localization Team
courtneyy

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited October 3, 2018
    Hmm...

Do Partners count?

I really love the Conceited personality Maid and Aggressive Butler.
    The way the Maid starts out with little respect for you or her job, but warms up to you over time, or the Butler's minor storyline told through Private Story conversations where he's looking for a powerful adventurer who turns out to have been you.
    Not to mention the partners that have pre-established identities like William and Laighlinne.

But, if you only mean PET pets then...
    I like the Phoenix, because its Auto-Revival buff comes in handy.
    Or the herb pets because they give you smooches sometimes when you fail gathering. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    Jazmyn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    All the dogs, cats, elephants, birds out there are great normal pets.
    The dragons and vehicles are great support and transport.
    Everything else is just for kewls.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 4, 2018
    This is a super tough question. T-T

I think my Thunder Dragon gives me some emo feelz when I fly above Iria. I have alwayssss loved dragons and to fly with such an amazing beast would be awesome.

My sheep and black sheep are also love, due to the fact that I just love sheep. I was determined to make my sheep the strongest fighter ever when they came out.... and well, yea.... we all know how well that went. XD

The alpaca jumping into your arms and refusing to listen to you after you ride it, is pretty great too.

I love all of the pets, really. There arent any I can say I wish didnt exist. I do wish the birds had some more use other then fetching though.... maybe if they were more skilled in battle.... I love birds, they're my favorite animal.
    Iyasenu
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 4, 2018
    Probably Kokopo if we talk about cuteness, speed, decent tankiness and also two-seater.
    I also like Cosmic Stallions because of how glowy and beautiful they are. Also like the speed and the bell-like sound when flying with them.
    Fallen and Floral fairies are sooo cute too. Loving their buffs when summoned too. Fallen is good for combat and Floral for gathering speed.
    But I still mostly use Patrasche and Scooter Imp for combat and speed, but they aren't even that cute. I do like their inventory size as well.

So... yeah.. I can't choose a favorite pet. But I can definitely tell my most disliked ones.
    Petal Collar Dog. Looks dumb, has nothing useful on him. Also hate all these seals, penguins and dogs that has no purpose other than giving you a small crappy inventory space. Got so much of them and not a single Siamese cat. So much Doki Doki boxes opened...

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Patrasche, which I pretend is a velociraptor, for then I have a dinosaur.
    It having ridiculous stats, inv, and summon time are all secondary (though very appreciated) benefits.

'cause, the only thing better than dragons is dinosaurs.
    Jazmyn
  • NysephirNysephir
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    My favorite would be the Thunderbird. I like that the design feels neither overly cute nor aggressive in my opinion. Shame that I don't use it at all now since there are better pets in terms of speed and inventory.

Honorable mentions would be Tuan and Patrasche.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Greta wrote: »
    Probably Kokopo if we talk about cuteness, speed, decent tankiness and also two-seater.
    I also like Cosmic Stallions because of how glowy and beautiful they are. Also like the speed and the bell-like sound when flying with them.
    Fallen and Floral fairies are sooo cute too. Loving their buffs when summoned too. Fallen is good for combat and Floral for gathering speed.
    But I still mostly use Patrasche and Scooter Imp for combat and speed, but they aren't even that cute. I do like Scooter Imp inventory size.

So... yeah.. I can't choose a favorite pet. But I can definitely tell my most disliked ones.
    Petal Collar Dog. Looks dumb, has nothing useful on him. Also hate all these seals, penguins and dogs that has no purpose other than giving you a small crappy inventory space. Got so much of them and not a single Siamese cat. So much Doki Doki boxes opened...

Seals are actually useful and neat. They automatically collect fish in their inventory, give you an increased success rate on fishing, and you can feed it fish, which is cool.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    But I still mostly use Patrasche and Scooter Imp for combat and speed, but they aren't even that cute. I do like Scooter Imp inventory size.

Seals are actually useful and neat. They automatically collect fish in their inventory, give you an increased success rate on fishing, and you can feed it fish, which is cool.

Never heard such perk. Now I'm wondering if it's true. Not that I really need it anyway since I got r1 fishing and while using SAO Nishida 2nd title gives me 100% success rate.
  • JazmynJazmyn

Never heard such perk. Now I'm wondering if it's true. Not that I really need it anyway since I got r1 fishing and while using SAO Nishida 2nd title gives me 100% success rate.
    Obviously, there's no way to 100% tell due to not actually being able to see success rate numbers; but it does say there is the increase. It's also clearly limited by summon time, vs the titles now. Back in the day, they were great to have and did have a purpose.

Obviously, there's no way to 100% tell due to not actually being able to see success rate numbers; but it does say there is the increase. It's also clearly limited by summon time, vs the titles now. Back in the day, they were great to have and did have a purpose.

Their inventory is too small for fish collecting unless you're fishing carp, smelt, sweetfish or shrimp.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak

Obviously, there's no way to 100% tell due to not actually being able to see success rate numbers; but it does say there is the increase. It's also clearly limited by summon time, vs the titles now. Back in the day, they were great to have and did have a porpoise.

FTFY.
    IyasenuJazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 4, 2018

Their inventory is too small for fish collecting unless you're fishing carp, smelt, sweetfish or shrimp.

cKVzvrJ.png

^ My black seals inventory. :D

I just think out of the list of disliked pets @Greta mentioned, they deserved some credit, as they did have a useful porpoise at one point. (Just for you @Bronzebreak :D)
    IyasenuBronzebreak
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    edited October 4, 2018
    My favorite pet would have to be my current Maid "partner" Katejina, who has evolved through her Mabinogi life almost as much as I have.
    She began as a Russian Blue, the first pet I bought before G3 and Pally/Trans-capable, and has traveled and experienced much of the world that we live in. She has come a long way, from her original form's Russian Blue, to the Persian with it's demi-human transformation, and finally the Maid she is today. I don't utilize her as much as I should, but I still rely on her daily for her gifts and gathering abilities!

vS7EP3f.png
    https://imgur.com/a/G43FWv7
    JazmynBronzebreakTHICCthighssavelivesYuoichi
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    (Just for you @BronzeBeak :D)

Th-that's not my name... v- v
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    (Just for you @BronzeBeak :D)

Th-that's not my name... v- v

Rofl, sorry. FTFY. ;P
    Bronzebreak

cKVzvrJ.png

^ My black seals inventory. :D

I just think out of the list of disliked pets @Greta mentioned, they deserved some credit, as they did have a useful porpoise at one point. (Just for you @Bronzebreak :D)

Where did you get all that sturgeon from? That's not enough space for the amount of fish I collect. I just use my seal for leather bags.
    And a bronze beak definitely helps with fishing. xD

I just thought of something! Why not allow partners to fish with you as well! (Excluding event fishing)
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited October 6, 2018

Y'all just bullies.
  • JazmynJazmyn

Y'all just bullies.

Never intended. <3
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Katherz wrote: »
    Hola, friends and Fomors. Can you believe we're already in October now? It seems like just yesterday we were sippin' cold drinks on the beaches of Connous, and now autumn is setting in.

It's the perfect time to head outdoors for an adventure...but don't forget to bring your pets along for the fun. And with as many pets as Mabinogi has, there's bound to be some serious variety in your adventuring companions. Some of you will no doubt enjoy maximal pet power, while others live for the hoarder's dream of pets with lots of inventory space. Still others, disciples of justice, simply roll with whichever pet is the cutest.

Soooo...it's time to represent! What's YOUR favorite pet (rideable or just companion), and why? Are there any pets that don't have any specific category they excel in that you just enjoy nonetheless, for personal reasons? Tell us all about them!

- The Mabinogi Localization Team

I'm here to represent the nine-tailed fox --cause it's so cute! Plus it reminds me of the pokemon every time I use it and I love pokemon XD

I have been a pet hoarder from the start. It's one of my favorite aspects of mabi!
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    courtneyy wrote: »
    I'm here to represent the nine-tailed fox --cause it's so cute! Plus it reminds me of the pokemon every time I use it and I love pokemon XD

I have been a pet hoarder from the start. It's one of my favorite aspects of mabi!
    I really wanted to get one, but didn't have enough NX when I decided I needed it..... then it went offsale day before I got paid. :(
    Bronzebreak