Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why girls clothings are more pricy than boys ones?

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited October 7, 2018 in General Chat
I have a few ideas about WHY the girls clothings are more expensive than the male versions, but i want to see more opinions about this...

EVIDENCE you say??
pkP6zvK.png

That's right... not 1... NOT 2!... But between 9-10 MILLIONS of extra gold is what the girls will need to get the same themed clothings of their counter parts and with the same dura, defence, protection, etc...

Even FANTASY life is not fair...
2f5fd8213a264de1a00ca44c5d495104.gif

EDIT: Ok, so after taking a look at the answers down below, I added a poll now.
Sakura2503
  1. Why girls clothings are more pricy than the boys ones?44 votes
    1. Supply and Demand
       43% (19 votes)
    2. Female Clothings > Male Clothings
       30% (13 votes)
    3. Money is the root of all evil. (Greed)
       27% (12 votes)

Comments

• KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    well the alternative to that is communism
    SherriHellkaizerTHICCthighssavelivesImaizumiKensamaofmari
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    because all the boys play as girls to use those said outfits thus raising demand thus raising pricing for more profit
    SherriSheenacourtneyyAaliyahSolkiirYangKoeteKensamaofmariJiantoKagaoffwithyourheads
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    Maybe because most of the actual work in the designs is put into the female clothes and NOT the male clothes. I've been wearing the same damn outfit for probably 6 years because male clothes just suck lol.
    SherriBronzebreakImaizumiSheenaYangKoeteoffwithyourheads
  • TropaTropa
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited October 6, 2018
    Because girls are willing to pay the price more often then not.

I could be wrong, but I think the majority of the "fashionogi" players are female as well, so people in the market like to abuse that fact.

Of course, all the traps running around, too.
    SherriBronzebreakSheena
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Because demand is higher.
    BronzebreakSheenaJayy124
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    its same to how most of things that are for female in real life could sometimes
    become almost twice or maybe even more than their male counterparts
    or maybe because the things that men are more willing to spend more money onto
    are not necessarily exclusive to men
    Tropa wrote: »
    Because girls are willing to pay the price more often then not.

I could be wrong, but I think the majority of the "fashionogi" players are female as well, so people in the market like to abuse that fact.

Of course, all the traps running around, too.

YangKoete
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Dreadhawk wrote: »
    Maybe because most of the actual work in the designs is put into the female clothes and NOT the male clothes. I've been wearing the same damn outfit for probably 6 years because male clothes just suck lol.

demand is what all of this boils down to, but for me personally one of the reasons is because the male outfits suck. Literally been wearing my huw outfit forever until I decided to buy the imperial commander outfit because I liked the idle.
    JazmynSherriTheNyanCatImaizumiSheenaAaliyahSolkiir
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 6, 2018
    Two things.

1. I'm sure half of the Mabi playerbase wants to play as their kawaii uguu desu waifu and dress her up in moe clothes and parade her around the streets of Dunbarton and then when they get sick of the outfit they sell it on the Auction for big gold so some other similar minded person could buy the outfit and repeat the cycle.
    OR
    2. Because male outfits just suck. All the designers seem to do is just take the female outfit, take the similarities, add pants, add a manly idle and there's your male outfit. Yawn. Basically there is so much more thought put into female outfits, it's just sad.

Tbh every day I consider changing my gender to male in Mabi to save gold but the only thing stopping me is the fact that all hair isn't unisex so if I want to be female again, I'll have to pay like 5m+ just to get my Medium Sideburns back and there is no way I'm spending that much on a bloody hairstyle.
    SheenaTwelieYangKoeteKaga
  • JulieJulie
    Sherri wrote: »
    Two things.

1. I'm sure half of the Mabi playerbase wants to play as their kawaii uguu desu waifu and dress her up in moe clothes and parade her around the streets of Dunbarton and then when they get sick of the outfit they sell it on the Auction for big gold so some other similar minded person could buy the outfit and repeat the cycle.
    OR
    2. Because male outfits just suck. All the designers seem to do is just take the female outfit, take the similarities, add pants, add a manly idle and there's your male outfit. Yawn. Basically there is so much more thought put into female outfits, it's just sad.

Tbh every day I consider changing my gender to male in Mabi to save gold but the only thing stopping me is the fact that all hair isn't unisex so if I want to be female again, I'll have to pay like 5m+ just to get my Medium Sideburns back and there is no way I'm spending that much on a bloody hairstyle.

lol, just like real life, most female clothing and even products have more effort into them for higher quality and to appear better for the females, men clothing are generally more lose so not much work is put onto them while female clothing are more tight so they are designed around the female bodies more accurately.
    TheNyanCatSherri
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    'cause some of us only buy stuff with Set Effects.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    And people ask why I crossdress. Why change into a female character when I can be a male character and get most of the nice female outfits I liked in an Eluned fashion? Now I can look masculine, feminine, and tomboyish all without using pon to change my gender if I want to be a girl! I wanted to be a female giant at one point, but the expensive clothes available at the time turned me off. And, there weren't a lot of outfits that suited what I was going for. What if I didn't want to have gigantic breasts or revealing outfits? There are outfits that aren't revealing, but at the time, it wasn't a big selection. Being a female character is tough on the wallet in the world of fashionogi. :s
    BronzebreakSherri
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Because they'll pay
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Certain female clothing and gear is less expensive than the male counterpart, like police officer stuff and gacha heavy armor.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited October 7, 2018
    -deleted to avoid offending anyone, sorry-
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Ever heard of "supply and demand"?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    edited October 7, 2018
    The general consensus is that the male outfits are almost always lazily designed. Personally, I think every outfit so far is WAY TOO ed-hardy themed. I don't like ed hardy flower//wing-motif patterns. Or funeral//formal jackets.
    SheenaSherri
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited October 7, 2018
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    well the alternative to that is communism

From communism to dictatorship there is only one step, so no thanks.

Also, please don't start a war between: liberals vs communist vs lobsters on this thread because I think that ppl can get banned for derailing a thread or something like that.
    Bronzebreak
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    I'm a girl who mains a boy character and I gotta say, I do notice the disparity in quality and pricing between male and female clothes.

I think this could be resolved if the gender restrictions on clothes were lifted, especially because male only outfit stuff is just so silly. What's really preventing a female from putting on a male pilots uniform? I understand though WHY they have these restrictions, not out of gender bias or sexism, but because its definitely a pain in the rear to apply the fix to an additional model. (I had to 3d model recently for a class and let me tell you, its hard)
    ImaizumiSheenaBronzebreakSherriTwelieYangKoete
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 7, 2018
    I'm a girl who mains a boy character and I gotta say, I do notice the disparity in quality and pricing between male and female clothes.

I think this could be resolved if the gender restrictions on clothes were lifted, especially because male only outfit stuff is just so silly. What's really preventing a female from putting on a male pilots uniform? I understand though WHY they have these restrictions, not out of gender bias or sexism, but because its definitely a pain in the rear to apply the fix to an additional model. (I had to 3d model recently for a class and let me tell you, its hard)

Hm so this could also explain why all hair styles are not unisex as well?
    Though some are so idk what's exactly stopping them from making all hair styles like this besides.. no.. not even money, they'd make more money by implementing male beauty coupons, like Medium Sideburns Beauty Coupon (M)..
    But this would definitely fix everything, and I would 100% support if they did it.
    Of course I don't think they ever will, especially with Eluned outfits being a thing. :l
    Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I voted money is the root of all evil because that is the cause for how goods are priced.
    Supply and demand explains why they are priced in that way.
    #2 explains why the supply and demand is as such from the societal standpoint.