Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Halloween Villains Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
Halloween is almost here! What a better time to grave rob, kill vampire bats, and more! Do not attempt those at home though, because that’s against the law. ANYWAYS, the new Halloween Villains Event is here! Check out the full details here.

mabi-1233-header-590x165.jpg

Halloween Villains Event
Event Dates: Thursday, October 11, After Maintenance - Thursday, November 8, Before Maintenance

The Story

Aislin, Bran, Locke, and Carrie have been cursed and need your help! Each week unlock a new progression to the story line to help lift the curse! After helping, you will unlock the respective character’s shop to buy some spooky rewards.
Furthermore, you can obtain horriflying cute hats as random drops in the Halloween Gift Box.

jiklsdawhjasdjkh.png

How to Participate

• Talk to the Aislin in Festia Adventure Zone to register a main character.
  • You can reach Festia by clicking the Festia Tab in the Character Info Window and clicking the Enter Button.
  • Each week will contain a progression to the story line.
  • Upon selecting a main character, you will receive A handwritten note with Instruction on "How to Earn Gifts".
  • You must help each NPC to unlock their shop to redeem your items for prizes.
  • Completing quests will reward you the Wanderer's Amulet.
  • This Amulet is an enhancable totem that requires Gem Powder or Onyx to enhance with stats.
  • To enhance, just drag and drop the powder or onyx onto the amulet.
  • You will also receive Halloween Pumpkin Stickers for every 10 minutes you are logged in.
  • You can redeem these stickers at Carrie, Locke, Bran, or Aislin after completing their storyline.

The Treats

All items listed below come from the Halloween Gift Box.

• Giant Bat Hat
  • Halloween Pumpkin Headband
  • Blazing Eye Mask
  • Giant Spider Hat
  • Ghastly Queen's Crown
  • Haunting Headwear
  • Birman Improved Mini Pouch (8x8) Exchange Coupon
  • Birman Improved Vertical Tote (8x8) Exchange Coupon
  • Birman Improved Flat Pouch (8x8) Exchange Coupon
  • Birman Improved Clutch (8x8) Exchange Coupon
  • Birman Special Clothing Bag (10x15) Exchange Coupon

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Mkay... So the hats will be really common and the bag coupons super rare like the Black Bag :( ?
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited October 11, 2018
    no, mats like fabrics,silks, etc will b common and everythin' else is super rare -.-'

yeah wanted to punch somethin' when I opened my first box and all i got was common fabric, cheap silk, and finest leather strap
    MizukiHayamaYangKoete
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    no mats like fabrics,silks, etc will b common and everythin' else is super rare -.-'

yeah wanted to punch somethin' when I opened my first box and all i got was common fabric, cheap silk, and finest leather strap

That is the ultimate curse. :)

Curse? Curse! There's nothing some good ol mugwort can't do to get rid of a silly curse!
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Is there a maximum number of sticks you can get per day? If so, how many please?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited October 11, 2018
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Is there a maximum number of sticks you can get per day? If so, how many please?

It's 30 apparently. Once you get that amount, a notification pops up on screen telling you that you've collected the maximum for the day. That doesn't include the ones you get as a reward for completing the quests.

Edit: Seems to be 90 for the first day ttl. If the quests/rewards are the same ea day for the week then 90 a day. Time will tell once we get tomorrows quests.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 11, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »

It's 30 apparently. Once you get that amount, a notification pops up on screen telling you that you've collected the maximum for the day. That doesn't include the ones you get as a reward for completing the quests.

Edit: Seems to be 90 for the first day ttl. If the quests/rewards are the same ea day for the week then 90 a day. Time will tell once we get tomorrows quests.

I'm not sure you'll get another 50 tomorrow. I think that main quest will be once a week? So it will probably be 40 a day, not including the consecutive and weekends?

EDIT: Also, Nexon, you guys should fix your lag issues with the zombie animation before you continue to release things with them.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    So does anyone know how to do anything in these quests
  • JazmynJazmyn
    TNinja wrote: »
    So does anyone know how to do anything in these quests

Yes, I'm finished for the day. What do you need help with?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Apparently a lot of people are wandering the graveyard, looking fo rbandages.

Well, eventually figured it out anyway.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 11, 2018
    TNinja wrote: »
    Apparently a lot of people are wandering the graveyard, looking fo rbandages.

Well, eventually figured it out anyway.

For future reference for anyone else, since you figured it out, you need to use the Black Pendant Shard and click on the headstones.

And, she takes all of your bandages.
    KensamaofmariTNinjaVeylaine
  • TNinjaTNinja
    At least you get Onyx for continuing the hunt
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    So we can get improved version of all birman bags EXCEPT the knapsack?
    hokiduonu
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited October 12, 2018
    Since the event page is unclear, I'll try to reformulate based on my experience.

To start participating in the event, Milletians must register a main character with Aislin in Festia (located next to Lorraine's Nightmare). Doing so will do the following:
    - You will receive a certain number of Onyx, a few Halloween Pumpkin Stickers, and a Handwritten Note detailing the login/AFK portion of the event.
    - The storyline for this event will begin. Aislin's story (up to her rewarding you with a Wanderer's Amulet) is the only part available for now.
    Bran, Locke and Carrie's storylines will be unlocked after the maintenance on Oct 18, Oct 25 and Nov 1, respectively (I think).

During Aislin's questline, and also after her daily quest for used bandages, you will receive Black Shards that, upon use, will transport you to a RP mission in the Tir Chonnail Graveyard.
    MISSION OVERVIEW
    Time Limit – 5:00
    Enemies – Zombies (Nigh Invincible), Mimics (very weak)
    Objective – None that matters. You will have to select tombstones, for a chance at obtaining a used bandage or spawning one of the previous enemies. The zombies should be avoided, but mimics should be killed, and drop either Onyx, Fine Onyx or a Wanderer's Amulet, sometimes accompanied by gold. Once all the tombstones have been cleared, you can forfeit. There is no way (I know of) to complete the RP quest successfully.

Once you've cleared Aislin's portion of the story, you will unlock her shop. Bran and Locke also have a shop that can be unlocked, though it is as of yet unknown if their shops will contain the same items as Aislin's or will feature different items.
    Carrie's shop seems already available, featuring the same items as Aislin's, plus an extra tab for event-related quest items (used bandage, witch's soup and some wine, I believe). This, however, contradicts the Announcement page.

As for the Wanderer's Amulet, here's a general overview of how they function.
    You can obtain them from the event storyline, from the event shops, or as drops from mimics in the Tir Chonnail Graveyard RP mission.
    Every Amulet can receive attempted enhancements 25 times and special enhancements 3 times.
    For regular enhancements, simply drag any number of onyx, regular gem powder or fine gem powder over the amulet and left-click. One unit will be consumed, and you have a certain chance for the enhancement to succeed (granting +2 in one stat), to greatly succeed (granting +4 in one stat), or to fail. Every attempt (even failures) count towards the 25-attempts limit.
    For special enhancements, simply drag any number of fine onyx over the amulet and left-click. One unit will be consumed, and you will receive a special effect added to your amulet (including min damage, max damage, and alchemical damage bonuses). I am unsure whether or not one may fail the special enhancements.

The event also features a login/AFK portion, where, for every 10 consecutive minutes of being online, your main character will receive 2 Halloween Pumpkin Stickers, up to a maximum of 15 time per day (i.e. 2H30min, 30 Halloween Pumpkin Stickers total). These can be exchanged at the event NPC shops for a variety of items, including Wanderer's Amulets and their upgrade components, and Halloween Gift Boxes (with secret drop pools, apparently).

Edit: Added spoiler tags to the mission, for convenience.
    Edit 2: Updated NPC shops info and changed [(daily?)] to [daily]. And bolded and underlined the part that says storylines are unlocked weekly.
    JazmynShakayaWolfandWolfKensamaofmariBronzebreakVeylaine
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Thanks for this nice event! I finished my tasks for the day and this is fun so far! I really appreciate that we're getting nice Halloween events that are on-time rather than being in November. I'm ready to get spooky! :D
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I sure wish zombies couldn't punch me from the opposite side of the field. And teleport.
    YangKoete
  • KrimsKrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    zombies on constant final hit skill activated
  • darkchaos125darkchaos125
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Where ARE the other NPC's and how do you trigger their quests?
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited October 12, 2018
    Well there is 4 characters and 4 weeks of this event so guessing from this little info the story progresses each week?
    Katherz wrote: »
    I know bran is behind tir bank, I saw the guy with the full black eyes is at the emain restaurants dock, and idk where the the other girl is at.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Well there is 4 characters and 4 weeks of this event so guessing from this little info the story progresses each week?
    Katherz wrote: »
    I know bran is behind tir bank, I saw the guy with the full black eyes is at the emain restaurants dock, and idk where the the other girl is at.

Which other girl?

Carrie?
    She's over by Glenis in Dunbarton.
    JazmynVeylaine
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Bran is a jerk and Carrie is a Tsundere.
    Aislin has an inferiority complex.
    BronzebreakVeylaineJianto