Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Your Halloween Event

AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
in General Chat
I really liked Belisha besides they repeated it 3 times in a row (2013, 2014, 2015)

But this one... I feel it empty.

Wich one is YOUR favorite?

How would you like it to be a halloween event?
  1. Favorite:18 votes
    1. Belisha
       44% (8 votes)
    2. Lift Curse Bandage
       6% (1 vote)
    3. Casper... I mean, The Tale of the Scariest Little Ghost
       17% (3 votes)
    4. Lorraine's Nightmare
       6% (1 vote)
    5. Others
       28% (5 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I wasn't around for any of those events, and if I was, I didn't participate. This one isn't really all "Halloween hype-y, woohoo" to me, but it's a nice break from the last fishing event that didn't even allow you to look in the AH while being bored out of your mind...
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I did Belisha the most because of the grind and it was fitting of horror.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I didn't like the Belisha one because of the issues with it. You had to a random character dealing with random rooms which could make or break your run. I've also gotten stuck in the walls and crashed from it, ruining an entire run.

Little Ghost was fun. I didn't do Lorraine's Nightmare.

We're still early on in this event, so we don't know if it will be more eventful as it goes on.
    BronzebreakJazmynoffwithyourheads
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Id prefer Belisha, even if it were random at least it does a good change of paste.

Jokes aside, this event felt underwhelming by the looks of it although i hope Christmas is not so disappointing if this one were. Can only wish i guess?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Also, to me the Halloween events are the events that send me into a 6 month break each year.
    I do wonder what the effects of this one will be.
    Jazmyn
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited October 16, 2018
    Usually just a teleporter to some temporary world where the 100+ permanent-resident users will move their permanently immobile characters to, invariably making the game look deserted for a couple of months as usual

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I only have eyes for another Hilwen Mine Nightmare event, or another couples matchmaking event besides DDI
    Imaizumi
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I wasn't around for any of those events, and if I was, I didn't participate. This one isn't really all "Halloween hype-y, woohoo" to me, but it's a nice break from the last fishing event that didn't even allow you to look in the AH while being bored out of your mind...

Still have over 600 jars to open....
    KensamaofmariJazmynBronzebreak
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Still have over 600 jars to open....

Ouch... Glad they didn't disappear on you. I dropped sooo much from it. May as well have destroyed the jars at the rate I was dropping things. Fortunately I had random people pick some stuff up though, so it all didn't go to waste.

Leinei wrote: »
    I didn't like the Belisha one because of the issues with it. You had to a random character dealing with random rooms which could make or break your run. I've also gotten stuck in the walls and crashed from it, ruining an entire run.

Little Ghost was fun. I didn't do Lorraine's Nightmare.

We're still early on in this event, so we don't know if it will be more eventful as it goes on.

^ Truth.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I liked the Samhain event.

Though that's not to say I didn't like Belisha or the Little Ghost event.

I definitely am burnt out on Lorraine's ANYTHING for quite some time, though.
    It's even been some time since I've finished those Festia achievements for it, and I'm still tired of it.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited October 16, 2018
    Even though all of the Halloween events are grindy, I feel like Belisha was the least boring of all of them if not a little fun at least.

It has the least amount of constant repetition along with the competitive aspect to not make it feel like a total drag.

The randomness of the rooms and characters you get is slightly frustrating but it's part of of the fun in competing imo.

I almost always got a golden box at the end of each run. Usually something had to go very wrong in order for that to be the case.
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    I only have eyes for another Hilwen Mine Nightmare event, or another couples matchmaking event besides DDI

When I had returned to Mabi from many years of hiatus this was the first event I participated in on Alexina after leaving Tarlach. I didn't realize it was a modified version of Loarraine's Nightmare, but after having played both I still think Hillwen Nightmare was much funner to do.

Hope it comes back one day in the form of an EVENT, not a static mini-game that people can play whenever because the rewards would be too scaled down for anyone to care.