Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Favorite NPC Speech Bubble Quote

JazmynJazmyn
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited September 15, 2018 in Story Discussion
I'm going to keep this pretty simple. My favorite NPC quote is by the Party Guest during the Rath Royal Castle banquet, "I should put marble flooring in my house, too." Cause like, who has marble flooring anyways? D; I love it for some reason. xD

I was wondering, do you (anyone reading this) have a favorite? Do they pop up at certain times that they probably shouldn't pop up? I remember seeing one by Merlin in the most recent generation quest, unfortunately, I can't remember what it was.
SherriKensamaofmariroseangel

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Haha, that's one of my favorites too! He usually walks around to the table my friends and me rent out and I usually make a comment about him XD
    Another quote I like isn't really a speech bubble, but it's something the Commerce Helper Imp says;
    "Cake cake cake...jelly jelly jelly... Candy candy candy... I want some."
    That little guy is my spirit animal.
    KensamaofmariJazmynBASS1243
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited September 17, 2018
    Ferghus, Trefor, Ranald
    *Spits out a loogie*
    SherriJazmynLialin
  • KatherinekatKatherinekat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    my favorite npc is stewart as for quote ..I don't have one
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Sherri wrote: »
    Another quote I like isn't really a speech bubble, but it's something the Commerce Helper Imp says;
    "Cake cake cake...jelly jelly jelly... Candy candy candy... I want some."
    That little guy is my spirit animal.

He asked me for my cellphone number tonight. Lol!
    Ferghus, Trefor, Ranald
    *Spits out a looge*

Those manly men, tho. XD
    my favorite npc is stewart as for quote ..I don't have one

I've never paid close attention to what Stewart's little speech bubbles have said. Maybe something interesting may pop up the next time you go visit him.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited September 20, 2018
    I like when my maid tells me she almost burnt my house down and then tries to brush it off with "err I mean everything is fine!"

also when commerce partner says "I'm hungry for life....and cookies!" because then I imagine her being all demonic at first and sucking the life out of someone then getting all cutesy afterwards and chomps a cookie

then william says something like "you seem to be doing an interesting activity let me investigate" and all kinds of awkward situations fill my head. William stop being so nosey I'm trying to poop FFS
    KensamaofmariJazmynKatherz
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Arjune wrote: »
    I like when my maid tells me she almost burnt my house down and then tries to brush it off with "err I mean everything is fine!"

also when commerce partner says "I'm hungry for life....and cookies!" because then I imagine her being all demonic at first and sucking the life out of someone then getting all cutesy afterwards and chomps a cookie

then william says something like "you seem to be doing an interesting activity let me investigate" and all kinds of awkward situations fill my head. William stop being so nosey I'm trying to poop FFS

OMG, yes, I forgot about the maid and burning down my house. I almost died laughing when I saw that the first time. XD And doesn't she break our favorite weapon too? D;

I want a commerce partner, she's so adorable. :( I love when my husbands comes in with the plane quote too...

LOL, that's hilarious about William. I don't know if I've ever actually seen a William partner, but I can only imagine the thoughts you could come up with.
    Kensamaofmari
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    nVXWlmk.png

He's near a river, so I'm not sure there are many "sports" that can be played in one, but judging by his eyes, he's seen some things.

Water sports things.
    JazmynSebastianKensamaofmariTHICCthighssavelivesBronzebreakBlissfulkillBASS1243
    Aquasol wrote: »
    nVXWlmk.png

He's near a river, so I'm not sure there are many "sports" that can be played in one, but judging by his eyes, he's seen some things.

Water sports things.

There a quite a number of water sports, but they don't exist in Erinn.
    Unless rafting is one of them.
    Jazmyn
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Literally HOW has no one posted this one of Gordon's quotes.

f7e123a07f.png
    Language, Gordon!

I wonder what the censored word could be, though.
    I sort of think it could be "bastard" but, that's not actually censored in-game.

Maybe NPC chat is on its own censor check?
    Speaking of, Ogre Warriors at the end of Barri used to have "bastard" in their text, but at some point it was changed to "motherless dogs".
    KensamaofmariJazmynTropaLialin
    Here's a couple quotes from wiki

Alissa's Quote: "Big sister... when are you going to grow up!?"
    Dang

Ferghus' Quote: "What brought you here? Come on! speak your mind..."
    Either a manly quote or one of fear for his deeds.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    -
    Language, Gordon!

I sort of think it could be "bastard" but, that's not actually censored in-game.

Speaking of, Ogre Warriors at the end of Barri used to have "bastard" in their text, but at some point it was changed to "motherless dogs".

Im thinking we should be calling him Chef Ramsay. Gordon is obviously close too. XD "Bastard" really does sound fitting... "Donkey" maybe otherwise. *censored, lol*

I haven't done a normal barri in awhile, ill have to do that sometime. Imps often one-up me on math (or memorization) skills.... Haha.

Kensamaofmari, you should create a guide called "The Manliest Men of Mabinogi". XD
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    -
    Language, Gordon!

Im thinking we should be calling him Chef Ramsay. Gordon is obviously close too. XD "Bastard" really does sound fitting... "Donkey" maybe otherwise. *censored, lol*

I haven't done a normal barri in awhile, ill have to do that sometime. Imps often one-up me on math (or memorization) skills.... Haha.

Kensamaofmari, you should create a guide called "The Manliest Men of Mabinogi". XD

I'm pretty sure he was developed after "Gordon" Ramsay. They are quite similar.

You know what word that might be? "Suck" which is censored in Mabi.

I probably won't create that guild, but a friend could be interested.
    BronzebreakIyasenu
  • JazmynJazmyn
    That makes total sense, you should win a prize.
    That makes total sense, you should win a prize.

A dead bee would do. :D
    Jazmyn
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Trefor
    *farts*
    JazmynKensamaofmariLialin
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    20181005011427_1.jpg
    JazmynKensamaofmariTropaLialin
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 21, 2018
    20181005011427_1.jpg

Says every Mabinogi player ever.... XD
    20181005011427_1.jpg

Says every Mabinogi player ever.... XD

Says every entrepreneur.
    JazmynBronzebreak
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited November 6, 2018
    Not a speech bubble, I guess; but, I love it when I "fight a corn stalk and" lose. xD
    Kensamaofmari
    Bran
    "Nooooo my meal got away!"
    'I'm going to starve to death like this."
    "Just 897 to go..."
    Jazmyn