Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Launcher Is Broken

RobykyunRobykyun
Mabinogi Rep: 830
in Technical Support
So, Currently i'm having this issue where The Nexon Launcher is stuck on "Loading Nexon Launcher" While constantly flashing.
Since i can't access the Launcher, i can't access the game.

I've Tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling it, rebooting my pc, etc but nothing fixes it.

Am i the only one having this issue?

(Btw, I'm from South America so i can't play the Steam Version of Mabinogi...)

Comments

• HenryMorrisonHenryMorrison
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    No, I am having the same issue. There is a post from September with people that had this problem.

It was supposedly fixed with a mini update but it wasn't, it's going to be a month since this problem appeared and it is still not fixed.
  • WoolyCrochetWoolyCrochet
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Having the same issue right now, tried the same things as well, will update if I find any plausible solution.
    Robykyun
  • nooonooo
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    edited October 19, 2018
    I'm having this same issue, except my launcher fails to update. I've tried removing any possibly conflicting programs, doing a full uninstall and reinstall with/without admin, but I keep bouncing between the same three errors.

c4a4b0a6233b6fa74dc21f3dcf45990b.png

2ac4c4279f817effbffa12a0ee628230.png

5a1c1241ee3957cbb1661b8ce52476c1.png

Hilariously if I click mabinogi's button fast enough and don't restart the launcher like it asks me to, I can play just fine, and it seems to update games even if I keep the launcher in the background, but once it tells me I need to restart for an update, the launcher becomes unusable. So there's only a small window I can actually click things on it before that pops up.

0691508446fbd3f6cf711fab93d0e994.png

Like so.

EDIT: I should mention, this only started happening for me since the most recent Mabinogi maintenance. I've never had an issue with the launcher prior to this.
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    edited October 19, 2018
    Now we get to miss an event.
    WoolyCrochet
  • IboriiIborii
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    I am having issues with Nexon's launcher after it updated yesterday. I can't access any games like Maplestory 1+2 and Mabinogi. For Mabinogi, the old direct launcher keeps launching and it can't be killed with taskill and task manager. Another tidbit is that launching Mabinogi causes my internet browser to open up a duplicate window with the same tabs, but appears quarantined. After a short while, my whole screen freezes up and I have to forcefully shut off my computer to restart it.
    These problems started to occur after I updated my launcher yesterday. Might have to switch over to steam and remember how to unblock my antivirus from not launching applications. ;;;
    Robykyun
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    Nexon better compensate us for this. This really sucks.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    One question, what is the type of computer you guys are all using?
  • galyagalya
    Mabinogi Rep: 420

I use Windows 8 desktop and I have problem with launcher as well
    Robykyun
  • galyagalya
    Mabinogi Rep: 420

Also I do not believe it's our computer problem ..it's bug in the patch that's why so many people have the problem
    Robykyun
    edited October 23, 2018
    galya wrote: »

Also I do not believe it's our computer problem ..it's bug in the patch that's why so many people have the problem

No, I'm thinking it might be affecting newer systems like the issues that occurred with Windows 10 and others when they first switched to the launcher.

I use Windows 7, and lately the launcher tells me to update and restart it every day, but the launcher has no problem updating on my computer.
    And although client.exe does take some more minutes than normal to start up, I haven't had a problem getting on.
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    Well, i use Windows 8.1 but i've never had a problem with the launcher before.

All of this started after the update.
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    Aaaaaand it's still stuck on "Loading Nexon Launcher.

oof.
    Robykyun wrote: »
    Aaaaaand it's still stuck on "Loading Nexon Launcher.

oof.
    Yikes!
    I guess submitting a request is the last thing you can do.
  • nooonooo
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    None of these quite fit my own issue which isn't that the launcher doesn't start, I just get that it fails to update, even after a fresh reinstall. I'm also on Win10.
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    That's one of the three problems people are having after the update. :P
    Looks like the issue is affecting machines that are 8 and up.
    You should all get in contact with Nexon to press the matter to see if they can find a resolution faster.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited October 24, 2018
    my problem of the infamous boot loop is occurring on Windows 7 ....my Windows 8.1 is playing the game just fine....i've looked at all they suggested under the Task Manager regarding ports.....of the 5 ports listed NONE are being accessed....they don't even show....yet under the Network Activity tab it shows constant activity from the Nexon Launcher with its repeated boot looping....allowed it through Windows' Firewall.....put Avast in Passive Mode which turns off all it's shields....and it still boot loops....that's AFTER i downloaded, and installed, a new version of the launcher from Nexon ....i even used Revo Uninstaller so i could delete the Registry items during the uninstall of the previous version before i reinstalled with the newest.....if only they would compare the previous update with the current to see what all was changed ....the coding change was something so minor they allowed it through, yet still significant enough to impact different systems
    Robykyun
  • LeonikeLeonike
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    What patchfile is the last that the nexon launcher downloads before starting the loop? Maybe one of us can upload a clean version of it for you to download and copy over into the patch folder of the launcher?
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited October 24, 2018
    i assume Nexon has a clean version when the launcher updates......i even copied over the updated patch file from the successfully updated working launcher on the other pc which still didn't work.....when installed the launcher goes into an update....it's after it updates that the boot loop occurs