Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dark Skintone Options for Elves!

Comments

• violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    j921jt.gif No means to bash anyone who prefers to keep their pale or pinkish skin tones. But some of us rather not continue using crowns/glasses just to have something that somewhat resembles their very own complexion. Besides, that's what the slogan for mabi is right? "making your own fantasy life" why not include it as an option when other game companies never gave it a second thought on not to include a wide variety of skin tones, hair color options, and odd-eyed or various color choices. So really no matter what you desire for your own OC. We greatly appreciate a wider color palette for all races in this game without the cost of players money.
    JazmynVeylaineZeoGretaBronzebreak
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited October 21, 2018
    Oooh my! Just came back to a very pleasant surprise!! So KR Mabinogi finally got an update that allow the elves to have tan or dark skintones?! So it means we'll get this as a part of the update for NA soon then! So I have a reason to try out Mabinogi again soon!

What @Blissfulkill said, I agree and it is beautifully written! It is good to be able to rub this on people who are against the idea of elves getting their dark skintones due to being "waaaah its against the Mabi lore!!" while failing to provide any evidence that clearly said elves can't have dark skintones.. or maybe it's what Blissfulkill said, they're just low-key racist.

But we have fought a looong battle on elves getting their dark skintone and it took us many years but it finally happens, my lovelies! We all deserve to be happy and go black, never go back!
    violetkittVeylaineSphyra21
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Lobbying for dark elf race.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    DWARVES!!!!!!
    JazmynKensamaofmari
    edited October 23, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »
    DWARVES!!!!!!

Dwarf that cooks monsters!
  • HelsaHelsa
    DWARVES!!!!!!

Aye Lassie! Take the monster's offal, mince it, stuff it into it's stomach, tie it off, and boil; tha'd be fine dwarf-chow.
    Kensamaofmari
    DWARVES!!!!!!

Aye Lassie! Take the monster's offal, mince it, stuff it into it's stomach, tie it off, and boil; tha'd be fine dwarf-chow.

Dungeon-Meshi-manga6.jpg
    Iyasenu
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Zeo wrote: »
    Oooh my! Just came back to a very pleasant surprise!! So KR Mabinogi finally got an update that allow the elves to have tan or dark skintones?! So it means we'll get this as a part of the update for NA soon then! So I have a reason to try out Mabinogi again soon!

What @Blissfulkill said, I agree and it is beautifully written! It is good to be able to rub this on people who are against the idea of elves getting their dark skintones due to being "waaaah its against the Mabi lore!!" while failing to provide any evidence that clearly said elves can't have dark skintones.. or maybe it's what Blissfulkill said, they're just low-key racist.

But we have fought a looong battle on elves getting their dark skintone and it took us many years but it finally happens, my lovelies! We all deserve to be happy and go black, never go back!

ERMAHGOSH!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Must.
    Do.
    HAPPY DANCE!!!!!
    Zeo
    Sphyra21 wrote: »

ERMAHGOSH!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Must.
    Do.
    HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

You got to move it move it.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Oh yeah, you wouldn't happen to have a link to KR's announcement page or somethin' would ya? Tbh, I don't feel like diggin' through all that Korean to find it lol
    Jazmyn
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, you wouldn't happen to have a link to KR's announcement page or somethin' would ya? Tbh, I don't feel like diggin' through all that Korean to find it lol

We're basing off this post, which appears to be in game on the KR version. It's gonna take some real digging to see if there was a KR announcement.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    It seems elves will have Dark Skin now.

IMG_20181017_201039.jpg
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Hmm... notice the halloween decor in the BG, that narrows it down ^^
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Worry not followers of Elven Dark skins! for in the future our dream shall be realized!...in a few months o 3o
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 1, 2018
    I think I found it. 10-18-2018

http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4886710

Google translate:

"* Selectable character appearance color list is improved.
    - Human / Elf / Giant tribe and regardless of gender, when creating / renaming characters and changing their appearance,
    all the colors that can be picked from hair / eyes / skin color will look the same. "
    VeylaineSphyra21
  • HelsaHelsa
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Google translate:

- Human / Elf / Giant tribe and regardless of gender, when creating / renaming characters and changing their appearance,
    all the colors that can be picked from hair / eyes / skin color will look the same. "

Did we all miss that?

Google translate:

Did we all miss that?

Possibly.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

Google translate:

Did we all miss that?

Possibly.

Haven't they been able to rename characters for quite awhile with the name change cards they can buy?
    Veylaine
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Elfs are from the desert living under the constant rais of a hot sun. Why would they have dark skin tones?
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    ThePravin wrote: »
    Elfs are from the desert living under the constant rais of a hot sun. Why would they have dark skin tones?

lolwut

Fortunately, we will be getting our dark skintone options (along with all colors for hair and eyes available for all three races) to come here sometime soon since KR Mabinogi recently got that!
    ThePravin wrote: »

lolwut

Fortunately, we will be getting our dark skintone options (along with all colors for hair and eyes available for all three races) to come here sometime soon since KR Mabinogi recently got that!

Never knew that Palala would make your skin tan.
    Zeo
This discussion has been closed.