Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Help! with new Halloween event

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    You know, I didn't get the connection at first, but I think Bran is supposed to be a reference to Renfield from the classic Dracula book.

EDIT:
    Aislin is a mummy
    Bran is a vampire
    Locke is Frankenstein?
    Carrie is a witch

We've been having multiple theories about their identities.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited October 18, 2018
    i used the Transformation skill....it really does bypass the digging animation so you can move on before you're detected....being Halloween i chose to be a bat....bats are fast....i just transform ....click the middle tombstone then work my way to one side....fly off to lure any mummies away....fly back (bats are very fast)....then click on the rest.....lure them away.....then transform back to normal to easily take out the mimics....done.....i have the added bonus of being an elf to turn invisible once they're lured away so they drop aggro, but any race will still be able to still lure them far enough away to complete task
    KensamaofmariJazmynLeineipawcalypse
  • GGOKirito2GGOKirito2
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    does anyone know specifically where the Giant Vampire bat spawns in Grairech?
  • ErrorForEverErrorForEver
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,600
    X6SYXFE.png

Spawn @ in-game night time
    vamprynKensamaofmariJazmynBerryswirlSphyra21pawcalypse
  • vamprynvampryn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    Thank you for the map :D
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    ookie wrote: »
    i used the Transformation skill....it really does bypass the digging animation so you can move on before you're detected....being Halloween i chose to be a bat....bats are fast....i just transform ....click the middle tombstone then work my way to one side....fly off to lure any mummies away....fly back (bats are very fast)....then click on the rest.....lure them away.....then transform back to normal to easily take out the mimics....done.....i have the added bonus of being an elf to turn invisible once they're lured away so they drop aggro, but any race will still be able to still lure them far enough away to complete task

Transforming into a bat actually does make this 100x more bearable. Thanks for this!
  • kiblazekiblaze
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited October 25, 2018
    Has anyone started the new quest for Locke? I think I failed it 2 times, so I only have one pendant left to try for today. It's a shadow mission pendant kinda like Aislin's. You get transformed into a zombie with only two skills to use, and you fail if just one of your NPC friends get's killed apparently (the NPCs don't have durable HP it seems like so they were killed in like 4 hits maybe from the enemy.)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    kiblaze wrote: »
    Has anyone started the new quest for Locke? I think I failed it 2 times, so I only have one pendant left to try for today. It's a shadow mission pendant kinda like Aislin's. You get transformed into a zombie with only two skills to use, and you fail if just one of your NPC friends get's killed apparently (the NPCs don't have durable HP it seems like so they were killed in like 4 hits maybe from the enemy.)

Can't you go back to Carrie if you use up all your pendants?
    For the repeatable version of the quest, you only get 1 pendant to try, it seems.

I just use normal attacks and try to focus on the zombie with the lowest HP or the most soldiers aggro'd to them.
    Might still get unlucky, but you should be able to talk to Carrie to get another pendant to try again, if what she said is any indication.
    kiblaze

Sounds like Tailteann defensive battle but worse.
    BronzebreakBlissfulkill
  • kiblazekiblaze
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Can't you go back to Carrie if you use up all your pendants?
    For the repeatable version of the quest, you only get 1 pendant to try, it seems.

I just use normal attacks and try to focus on the zombie with the lowest HP or the most soldiers aggro'd to them.
    Might still get unlucky, but you should be able to talk to Carrie to get another pendant to try again, if what she said is any indication.

I hadn't used all the pendants yet, I was still on the part for the event story quest before I can start the repeatable daily. I'll definitely try again, just seemed crazy how easy the zombie NPCs get killed in this. Thanks for the feedback though!
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    bat just spawned at 4pm for me
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I've seen the bat spawn in the late morning too, it's not as nocturnal as people think.

The first time I failed the zombie mission, it was because I took a few seconds to look through my skills and inventory (doesn't everybody do that in a new RP mission?). And then all of a sudden MISSION FAILED. They die way too fast :/
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited October 26, 2018
    X6SYXFE.png

Spawn @ in-game night time

Not necessarily at night, but you will expect to see it during the night. Just a few minutes ago, it spawned at 8 am and 10 am in-game. It depends on the channel, some channels have a different time-cycle for the spawn (similar to where Fleta appears). They both disappeared quickly though; they lasted just around more than 1 minute.

Caution: If you obtained the Giant Vampire Blood before 10 am EST/7 am PST/3 pm GMT (real-time), you will lose the vial of blood when talking to Bran or before you receive the quest.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited October 27, 2018
    A tip for the Help Aislin Quest:

You will enter the quest in an alternate map of Tir Chonail. You cannot summon pets.
    graveyard-quest-3.png

You will be located in the Graveyard.
    graveyard-quest-0.png

Tombstones:
    The objective of the quest is to dig upon the tombstones around you which comes in 2 flavors:
    graveyard-quest-0a.png graveyard-quest-0b.png

There are 17 tombstones to interact with but each has a surprise.
    graveyard-quest-1a.png

You may encounter:
    The Halloween Coffin Mimic
    graveyard-quest-0c2.png graveyard-quest-0d.png

Also any variation of the Peeved Mummy Servant
    graveyard-quest-0e.png graveyard-quest-0f2.png graveyard-quest-0h.png

My advice is to distinguish each tombstone for the likely hood of what can be expected.
    graveyard-quest-2b.png
    The red arrows point to a 50% to 90% of encountering a Peeved Mummy Servant; the green arrows point to a 50% to 90% of the Halloween Coffin Mimic. Results may vary, however, this is what my experience have lead me to my results. (To remove the grass click open the Options menu; the grass will disappear.)

Peeved Mummy Servants:
    On dealing with the Peeved Mummy Servants, summon a Marionette next to the ruins on the northwest:
    graveyard-quest-4.png

Also on the southeast ruin:
    graveyard-quest-6.png

graveyard-quest-0g.png
    Place the marionette where the Mummy Servants will not push them away or reach them. You can guide the Mummy servants to the marionette which distracts their aggro away from yours. Continue weaving back to each tombstone then back around to your marionette for each Mummy servant encounter.

Off-topic:
    Apart from the event this map of Tir Chonail is quite useful for production. Tools the like loom and spinning wheel can be used; gather firewood; harvest grain, but you are unable to use the mill. You can gather water and even fish. The greatest thing about this place is that there is always a storm and it's raining which increases the lucky bonus and success of production/life skills.
    Kensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Locke may be a zombie in the more traditional usage of the term. Remember how Locke was assigned to menial tasks at the Emain macha restaurant, but unable to fulfill them? This could be referencing Zombies as they were in Haitian folklore, I believe. Zombies were originally beings under the influence of black magic within voodoo beliefs, resurrected to serve the will of those who invoked their existence, such as witch doctors, known as bokors.
    edited October 26, 2018
    Locke may be a zombie in the more traditional usage of the term. Remember how Locke was assigned to menial tasks at the Emain macha restaurant, but unable to fulfill them? This could be referencing Zombies as they were in Haitian folklore, I believe. Zombies were originally beings under the influence of black magic within voodoo beliefs, resurrected to serve the will of those who invoked their existence, such as witch doctors, known as bokors.

In other words, is brain is not functioning at a percentage normal people's brains function.

So, we have 3 undead and a witch that has lost her powers. Do they revert to their original form after the event?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Kind of sad that Locke wasn't a Golem like I thought he was. =T
    Leinei wrote: »
    Kind of sad that Locke wasn't a Golem like I thought he was. =T

Well, I guess a golem isn't as evident for something Halloween.
    The question is, how are any of these undead villains?
    I wonder is bat spawn is every 36 min.

Also we only get 1 pendant shard for Locke a day?
  • SorciaSorcia
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    You know, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but the mobs around the entrance of Bangor can drop a Formor Command Scroll with the Giant Vampire Bat. In fact, if it's a field boss that has a prompt on the screen, most likely you can farm for it's command scroll from a nearby mob.

It's what I've been doing when I log in to do the quests (hope it's not a glitch >< I was not aware if it was). Would explain why ppl can't get the right time it spawns.
    pawcalypse