Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dungeon Drop Rates Decreased?

SamuruuSamuruu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
edited October 30, 2018 in General Chat
Does anyone else feel like drop rates have been.. tampered with? For a while now (ever since chains?) it seems like good drops from dungeons and such are almost nonexistent. Used to see stuff drop fairly frequently but between me and some of my friends we've run hundreds of Phantasm, ADV HM dungeons, some Alban as well yet nothing seems to drop anymore. Yeah it's all RNG but it seems even worse than it used to be, used to see stuff drop fairly regularly and now nothing. Has anyone else noticed this? I've had a few people say they've noticed it so I'm curious.
  1. Yay/Nay?22 votes
    1. Yes
       68% (15 votes)
    2. No
       32% (7 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 30, 2018
    Personally, I've been getting surprisingly good drops from dungeons solo. That being said, I'm not doing Phantasm, or Advanced HM. :P

Also doesn't mean it hasn't been tampered with. It's just what I've experienced.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Well only worth of phantasm would be the robe, weapon is worthless now since its not the strongest weapon anymore :P

All that grind only for a weapon that got outdone by another that does not need to take a lifetime to get...
    Veylaine
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Unrelated to dungeons, but I've been getting more material drops from Shadow Missions lately and I never got those prior to a month ago. O-o
    pawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Only tangentally related to the topic at hand, but I do wish that either Lorna or the Adventurer Seal Shop had those 2x Drop Rate potions for sale.
    Though that's just monster drops, and not chest drops, it would still be kind of nice.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Alshian wrote: »
    Well only worth of phantasm would be the robe, weapon is worthless now since its not the strongest weapon anymore :P

All that grind only for a weapon that got outdone by another that does not need to take a lifetime to get...

Whussat?
    Veylaine
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

Uh... What?
    VeylaineGreta
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I've killed dozens of Hellhounds in the last few weeks; no skulls. Good thing I'm spamming Math for common leather anyway, otherwise I might be cross about it. You know how it is with Nexon reported chances for things: at best it's nearish what is stated but always on the disappointing side of the percentage.
    Jazmyn
  • AlshianAlshian

Whussat?

Sorry when i said outdone i was thinking of drop rate although this is a weapon to get if your not willing to spend a lifetime to get Soluna blade.

The Divine blade is to go for if your looking for the 2nd best 2 handed sword in the game. Does have that smash and dura loss reduction bonus to make the weapon slightly better than Soluna. Although with the amount of grind for a damn single weapon that does not really do all that much for the needed grind makes it outdone by the divine blade by how easy it is to get compared to Soluna blade.

But if you still like to try to get that sword....Good luck, is my word.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I feel like there's been more leather than ever for drops.
    Jazmyn
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    I'm disappointed in the Loot Tables for the harder dungeons. Especially Phantasm where all 4 chests have nothing but pure white powder. - the stuff you get from EVERY ALBY RUN. Like seriously? I'm glad we get Upgrade stones, but can at least ONE chest have a 100% Material Drop for the Soluna or Destruction robe? Getting the passes is a Pain already- there should be at least 1 "Rare Material Reward" in a 4-person Raid of Phantasm.
    Veylaine
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Whussat?

Sorry when i said outdone i was thinking of drop rate although this is a weapon to get if your not willing to spend a lifetime to get Soluna blade.

The Divine blade is to go for if your looking for the 2nd best 2 handed sword in the game. Does have that smash and dura loss reduction bonus to make the weapon slightly better than Soluna. Although with the amount of grind for a damn single weapon that does not really do all that much for the needed grind makes it outdone by the divine blade by how easy it is to get compared to Soluna blade.

divine blade isn't even close to soluna, soluna has nearly 200 more max damage on it.
    CaissaVeylaineBronzebreakChaosShadow
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    @Helsa: not sure if you just mean that you've run Math a lot, but just in case, the Hellhound skull is a drop from the end chest, not from Hellhounds themselves. I played Math Adv with 3 players a few days back and got a hellhound skull so it's possible. It used to require a 3-player run, and while it is probably true that you can now acquire one on a solo run, why not appease the goddesses and run with 3 just to increase your odds?

Regarding leather drops, I have been Rank 1 Ingredient Hunting for a long time and I am not seeing any noticeable increase in leather drops. Maybe Ingredient Hunting has ranked a few times and are starting to notice the benefits?
    Jazmyn
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Doesn't CP affect the drop-rate? The higher your CP compared to the monster, the drop rate decreases. However, the material dropped by the monster is affected by skill rank unless that monster had always dropped leather or something, CP will affect it in this case.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Whussat?

divine blade isn't even close to soluna, soluna has nearly 200 more max damage on it.

I said 2nd best in those words did i not? :3
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    yeah but you also said

>makes it outdone by the divine blade
    >smash and dura loss reduction bonus to make the weapon slightly better than Soluna

You can't say it's 2nd best, then "It outdoes soluna" without confusing people.
    AlshianAzurexrin
  • AlshianAlshian
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    yeah but you also said

>makes it outdone by the divine blade
    >smash and dura loss reduction bonus to make the weapon slightly better than Soluna

You can't say it's 2nd best, then "It outdoes soluna" without confusing people.

I did point out this quote: "Sorry when i said outdone i was thinking of drop rate although this is a weapon to get if your not willing to spend a lifetime to get Soluna blade.
    "

I can already see it misleading but I did believe at least some of you to read a bit closely tho I overestimated I suppose? But yea this is my bad, I still stand that Divine blade is 2nd best :)
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Doesn't CP affect the drop-rate? The higher your CP compared to the monster, the drop rate decreases. However, the material dropped by the monster is affected by skill rank unless that monster had always dropped leather or something, CP will affect it in this case.

This is in regards to end chests, I believe....
    pawcalypse