Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mass Production Cooking

AmesenpaiAmesenpai
Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
edited October 24, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Cooking a single dish seems to take up a lot of time. I would rather mass produce like Potion Making or Carpentry. I do not wanna sit around for hours making multiple dishes one at a time. This is time consuming for people who do not have this time, or for people who feed hot-spring monkeys for certain items. I am a Grand Master Chef and I do get tired of making one single dish at a time. For questing or for helping random people or friends who do not cook or just do not want to cook. So far i have spent 2 days making over 100 dishes due to it is single dish at a time making. I probably spent 10 to 15 hours making these dishes a day. It gets tiresome. I rather spend my time earning gold instead of making dishes constantly for anything.
(Comment Below If You Have More To Input and Do The Poll)
0DjuZ3i.png
BronzebreakTHICCthighssavelives
  1. Cooking Mass Production14 votes
    1. Yes
       36% (5 votes)
    2. No
       29% (4 votes)
    3. Maybe
       36% (5 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I get what you're saying, and I don't disregard your opinion; however, cooking not being mass-producible is one of the features about cooking that I like. It feels more "chef-like" to actually place and measure the ingredients. We can't mass-produce clothing, armor, weapons, or anything like that really, so I think if you actually did for cooking, you'd have to for everything.... It takes away the "fantasy life" of it to make it just real-life where it's always "go-go-go" now-a-days... I like to take it slow once in awhile, and cooking in Mabinogi does that for me. But, that's just my personal opinion. :)
    Amesenpai
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    edited October 24, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I get what you're saying, and I don't disregard your opinion; however, cooking not being mass-producible is one of the features about cooking that I like. It feels more "chef-like" to actually place and measure the ingredients. We can't mass-produce clothing, armor, weapons, or anything like that really, so I think if you actually did for cooking, you'd have to for everything.... It takes away the "fantasy life" of it to make it just real-life where it's always "go-go-go" now-a-days... I like to take it slow once in awhile, and cooking in Mabinogi does that for me. But, that's just my personal opinion. :)

i get that but it really gets tiring i have literally been at this for 2 days to feed hot-spring monkeys to get the bait they give away after feeding them about 2/10 you get the bait i just rather mass produce cooking to make it faster then take 2-40 days to get items needed from anything. Also before you say use regular bait from cor tupai, the hot-spring monkey bait is +10 more for a tame on an animal so it is higher chance of a good tame.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Amesenpai wrote: »
    i get that but it really gets tiring i have literally been at this for 2 days to feed hot-spring monkeys to get the bait they give away after feeding them about 2/10 you get the bait i just rather mass produce cooking to make it faster then take 2-40 days to get items needed from anything. Also before you say use regular bait from cor tupai, the hot-spring monkey bait is +10 more for a tame on an animal so it is higher chance of a good tame.

Maybe they should just increase taming bait give-rate or quantity? It's pretty low as is, especially only giving you one bait at a time...
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Maybe they should just increase taming bait give-rate or quantity? It's pretty low as is, especially only giving you one bait at a time...

Hm that or you can have the option at Grand Master to mass produce or to not mass produce (maybe make it a 2nd version of GM chef? or those stat things they gave for when you are GM?)
    Jazmyn
  • nomad9375nomad9375
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    What about something like being able to mass produce foods that are 3+ levels under your cooking rank?
    JazmynYangKoeteAmesenpai
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    To me, mass production cooking just isn't cooking.
    You don't mass produce your meals in real life do you?
    I agree with @Jazmyn that the purpose of a chef is the measure the ingredients properly and treat each dish as its own dish.

While I do not disagree that creation of multiple dishes at once as there are games that do that with food products, I guess as of now unless there's more elaborate details, I'm at a 50-50 maybe.
    Jazmyn
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    What about making it so that making specific meals becomes more and more automated the more you times make them, as if to reflect the character's growing familiarity with the recipe.
    JazmynAmesenpai
  • JazmynJazmyn
    nomad9375 wrote: »
    What about something like being able to mass produce foods that are 3+ levels under your cooking rank?
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    What about making it so that making specific meals becomes more and more automated the more you times make them, as if to reflect the character's growing familiarity with the recipe.

I like both of these ideas.

I wonder if anything will change when they uncap it, besides new recipes and cooking tools.
    Amesenpai
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I could see potentially mass-producing SOME foods.

Stuff like Jam and such, but mass-producing certain things like a whole cake? No.
    JazmynAmesenpai
    My opposition to the idea is that it would drive me out of business, or it would destroy my business model of filling a shop with various dishes I came to plan for that day and to spend time to make.

Mass producing food is like chucking out a thousand McDonald's meals at once and then shoving it in the face of everyone. I don't like to think of Mabi's food as just another boost item, but rather as food that one can appreciate it being made by someone else (which was its original intention, hence that's why there's the share food option while resting).

Also, it would enable so many more people who can lazily mass produce food and flood the market with too much supply, cooking wouldn't be worth people's time anymore.
    JazmynAmesenpai
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING ON also if you have made a 5-star dish before there should be a button like "make it again" so you can make a ton of 5-star dishes when you need. (Glewyas is always picky on it)
    edited October 29, 2018
    THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING ON also if you have made a 5-star dish before there should be a button like "make it again" so you can make a ton of 5-star dishes when you need. (Glewyas is always picky on it)

No thanks, that's just lazy in my opinion. I prefer to keep the one thing I usually do challenging.
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai

No thanks, that's just lazy in my opinion. I prefer to keep the one thing I usually do challenging.

no like its a button option to use for when you dont feel like making it that day or something

no like its a button option to use for when you dont feel like making it that day or something

I feel that it would be manipulated so much,
    But if there is a limit restriction, then that's different.
    Maybe mass produce a final dish once per real day to produce max 5-10 dishes ( I prefer 5)
    Mass produce another ingredient (i.e flour dough) (excluding edible cooked ingredients such as braised king crab) up to 5 times per real day 5-10 pces.
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    BUMP
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I would prefer the ability to make larger portions rather than automatic repeated cookings. For example, a 5-person portion of Steamed Trout would require 5x trout, 2x water, and 3x thyme. The resulting large portion dish would be 2x2 and would show 5/5 portions. When there is only 1 portion left, it changes to the normal 2x1 size and look.
    JazmynBronzebreakKensamaofmari
    edited November 7, 2018
    I would prefer the ability to make larger portions rather than automatic repeated cookings. For example, a 5-person portion of Steamed Trout would require 5x trout, 2x water, and 3x thyme. The resulting large portion dish would be 2x2 and would show 5/5 portions. When there is only 1 portion left, it changes to the normal 2x1 size and look.

Nice one! I shall throw a stack of 20 potatoes in everything!
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    BUMP
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    bump
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    bump