Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Metal Conversion Minigame

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
Please get rid of the Metal Conversion minigame so that a production queue can be applied to the skill.

Helsa0151
Alexina
Jazmyn

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wouldn't mind this change.
    Though the minigame is what determines whether you get the occasional byproduct (tin/zinc/nickel/gem), so what would be a good change for this?

Just always have a chance for the byproduct?

I kinda thought about it like this, keep the minigame, but allow queuing up crafting.
    You perform the minigame once, and the result you get applies to all the queued crafting actions.
    But just getting rid of the minigame altogether isn't something I'd be against, lol.
    THICCthighssavelivesYangKoete
  • HelsaHelsa
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind this change.
    Though the minigame is what determines whether you get the occasional byproduct (tin/zinc/nickel/gem), so what would be a good change for this?

Just always have a chance for the byproduct?

I kinda thought about it like this, keep the minigame, but allow queuing up crafting.
    You perform the minigame once, and the result you get applies to all the queued crafting actions.
    But just getting rid of the minigame altogether isn't something I'd be against, lol.

Sure, either of those would work.
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Just queue the minigame segment, too. Run the next minigame while your character does the conversion animation.
    YangKoete
  • HelsaHelsa
    Caissa wrote: »
    Just queue the minigame segment, too. Run the next minigame while your character does the conversion animation.

Technically that would be better than what exists now, but I don't people would like that either.
  • LaossLaoss
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    An option to either play the minigame or skip it would be nice =)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Caissa wrote: »
    Laoss wrote: »
    An option to either play the minigame or skip it would be nice =)

Like fishing; not bad. That could work but the main problem with how it stands now is the time it takes makes it tedious. This is a skill you will use a lot even when you're not ranking it. Maybe at the very beginning of the run there is a checkbox to do the mini game or not making it a choice from being a straight queued crafting process or like how Caissa suggested.
    Bronzebreak
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I like the existing minigame. Hitting all 4 elements on a single spin of the dial is very satisfying. I sometimes imagine what the minigame would look like if we could choose how much of each alchemic element to add, probably something like this:

N5mX6eY.png
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I like the existing minigame. Hitting all 4 elements on a single spin of the dial is very satisfying. I sometimes imagine what the minigame would look like if we could choose how much of each alchemic element to add, probably something like this:

N5mX6eY.png

I think that'd be too easy to 'win' at, unless each conversion used a different amount.
    If I understand that the way I think you're saying it, I believe it'd be better with a randomized gradient each time.... which is effectively what we already have, though not related to the specific elements.