Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Me, When I finally get to R1 cooking

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited November 8, 2018 in General Chat
source.gif

AND OF COURSE!!

giphy.webp
UnacceptableRemorsefulBanteng-small.gif
KensamaofmarioffwithyourheadspawcalypseJayy124

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    But dont give him pineapple pizza
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Really?
    8bf51a2c7a.png
    When I got to R1 Cooking, I was mostly just really fat from all the eat-training I did. :B
    JazmynKensamaofmariSheena
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 8, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    When I got to R1 Cooking, I was mostly just really fat from all the eat-training I did. :B

'Grats! Do you happen to remember the cost of books? I need to either use the skill training seals I have, or give cooking dungeon a shot and I don't have the shop open anymore..
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited November 8, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

'Grats! Do you happen to remember the cost of books? I need to either use the skill training seals I have, or give cooking dungeon a shot and I don't have the shop open anymore..

:(
    I'm not gonna be very helpful there.

I didn't use books or seals, I kinda just stuffed my face full of golden experience fruits and got to level 200 while in the Cooking talent for the bonus skill training exp.

From there all I had to do was cook and eat. :C
    KensamaofmariSaiSheena
  • JazmynJazmyn

I didn't use books or seals, I kinda just stuffed my face full of golden experience fruits and got to level 200 while in the Cooking talent for the bonus skill training exp.

xD I thought of doing that.... thanks anyways.
    Kensamaofmari
  • JazmynJazmyn
    After filling Glewyas up with a bunch of wine, he finally shared his secret cooking books with me.

Pizza: 40 list 1 and 30 list 2.
    Fermentation: 40 list 1 and 30 list 3.
    Sous Vide: 30 list 1, 30 list 2, and 30 list 3.

IyasenuKensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    After filling Glewyas up with a bunch of wine, he finally shared his secret cooking books with me.

Pizza: 40 list 1 and 30 list 2.
    Fermentation: 40 list 1 and 30 list 3.
    Sous Vide: 30 list 1, 30 list 2, and 30 list 3.

Wow, I dodged a bullet there.
    I only had enough for the last book.

You know what's kind of disappointing, though?

Even with these new cooking methods, the final training requirement to master the Tasting skill is still Unknown.
    I thought it'd involved eating a dish made with one of the new methods, but I did that already and that didn't seem to be it.
    JazmynKensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The hell bent of maxing out ranks within a day...
  • IyasenuIyasenu

At least for Cooking. ;D
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

At least for Cooking. ;D

You make it sound like a...piece of cake. B)
    JazmynRadiant DawnKensamaofmariSheenaIyasenu
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited November 8, 2018

This right here is a smart person.

Not like me, who is grinding away at cooking dungeon and crying.
  • JazmynJazmyn

I'm excited for all the recipes and ingredients. We even have 3 new fish!! -eek-
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    And I'm just going to spam Adventure Seals to get training seals for that. -_-

Kitchen Dungeon and me are not friends.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Leinei wrote: »

Same here. I'd like it better if rats weren't a thing.
    Jazmyn
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830

I've leveled to 200 twice to train ninja and chain slash, but I didn't notice that the bonus training gained weren't, uh, how to say it, using up training methods?

Like I'm at r4 cooking and I can earn 2 points for making delicious pizza, but I can only do it 10 times (earning 20 points) if it's my talent I could do it 5 times and earn the 20 points, but if I'm also level 200 I can earn 40 points?

If that is true I can't believe I didn't notice it x.x
  • Taggles83Taggles83
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    edited November 8, 2018
    As someone who used to do kitchen dungeons VERY often, I noticed many glitches and such have been fixed. Not to mention cooking dungeons themselves have been severely nerfed to the point where even if I am off by like 5 each ingredient, it'll still give me 99-100% perfection.

Rats tend to NOT get stuck on invisible walls as much as they used to as well.

It could be just because skills have come a LONG way since kitchen dungeons were introduced, but personally I find doing them right now a breeze.

Just takes time unfortunately since teh recipes take 5-15 minutes each, but if you score well you get multiple seals.

Sorry if this seems out of the blue, but I thought maybe this would be helpful to anyone who hasn't done the dungeons in some time.
    Doulyoh
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Done too =D!

8eba60a212.jpg
    IyasenuWolfandWolf
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Done too =D!

8eba60a212.jpg

Ah the blocky embiggened character model of the "I just trained Cooking" character.

I saved that fish dish that Lucas gives you after his Rest quest for after I finished Cooking, and it made me lose all that weight in one go.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Leinei wrote: »

Same here. I'd like it better if rats weren't a thing.

Eggactly! I agree with you both!
    Jazmyn
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Done too =D!

8eba60a212.jpg

Ah the blocky embiggened character model of the "I just trained Cooking" character.

I saved that fish dish that Lucas gives you after his Rest quest for after I finished Cooking, and it made me lose all that weight in one go.

I don't mimd being fat as long as I have the title on :D and I always keep a few diet potions from Tiro.