Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does anyone know anything about this KR update?

ArjuneArjune
Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
edited January 20, 2017 in General Chat
http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2017/0119_master.asp

it was an update they did yesterday to the grandmaster system. That's all I can figure out :P Does anyone here have any knowledge of it or can read Korean? I'm curious about this and what they changed / added
Miuna

Comments

• FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    if I had to guess, its related to the "Master Plan" event that is going on for us now.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited January 20, 2017
    1. You can now have whole Grandmaster bonus
    2. You can attempt more than 3 quests by paying extra golds per day (300k+)
    - However, you can only achieve 1 grandmaster per day

3. You can get Exclusive/Special Effect of Grandmaster from now on
    - You can use only 1 Special Effect. However, you can still possess all of grandmaster's special effects.
    - You can change to certain grandmaster's special effect but it will cost 10 AP

(Not going to put useless special effects)

Battle Type : 30 Max, 30 Min damage increase

Magic : 30 M.Atk Increase

Adventurer : Explr exp 50% increase

Music : Music Buff 5 Increase (Extra)

★CLERIC★ : Party (Batlte) EXP 50% increase, Pet (Battle) EXP 50% Increase
    : Does not stack. It applies to grandmaster him/herself and any other party member

Blacksmith : Crafting (Quality, perhaps) Bonus Increase

Tailoring : When skill is successful, retrieve certain amount of materials back.

Carpenter : Crafting (Quality, perhaps) Bonus Increase

Merchant : Weight +100 , Slot + 1

Chef : Extends Festival Food time

MiunaPannyaIyasenuErydanosImaizumiYuechiiFlowerbombIzzyKuroNekoBlissfulkillZeo
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 20, 2017
    ohohooo!! That actually sounds pretty dang nice :D and it would give more of a reason for players to get multiple GMs

ty for the info!
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    @Ellisya why not put useless special effects?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    @Splatulated

Gunslinger : Max damage (I forgot how much but aroudn) 12 Increase -.-;
    Puppeteer : Increase HANDLE damage (what), Increase Puppet's HP 65 (WHAT), increase Puppet's DEF 1 (?)
    Battle Alchemy : Increase damage of each element, Increase range of Frozen Blast and its freeze duration
    Construct Alchemy : Increase success rate on crafting crystal (...Grandmaster level players don't need this..), decrease stamina amount
  • ArjuneArjune
    oh those ones are kinda bad.... puppetry is pretty good I think considering there's multipliers for all those numbers when you use the puppets.

"70% of the player's damage, critical, and balance contributes to the marionette when connected." -- maybe the handle damage has something to do with that? ehh it's been a long time since I used puppets so I forgot
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    google translate said something about grandmaster and a challenge, well seems like we are not getting something like that. its too good.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Arjune
    Arjune said:

oh those ones are kinda bad.... puppetry is pretty good I think considering there's multipliers for all those numbers when you use the puppets.

"70% of the player's damage, critical, and balance contributes to the marionette when connected." -- maybe the handle damage has something to do with that? ehh it's been a long time since I used puppets so I forgot
    If it's like Gunner's damage increase... it's almost nothing.
    It's funny cause you get more damage for Gunner GMing mage or warrior.
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    So we can just be grandmaster of everything and activate the one that comes more useful?
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    @Miuna - It sounds like it. That is actually pretty awesome.. Instead of just being Grandmaster Warrior or Bard exclusively. Haha.
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    @SugarAngel That's amazing, it was starting to feel a bit lacking xD
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited January 20, 2017
    For the puppetry, 'handle' is what control bars are called over there. For example the Celtic Control Bar has a way cooler sounding name of 'Celtic Restrict Handle.'

It probably is just an increase to Marionette Max damage which is quite useful.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Oh.. oh my.. so we can go GM in anything? THANK GOD, FINALLY! :D
    I wanna be grandmaster everything.
    Battle Alchemy is my main thing though hehehehe c:
  • ArjuneArjune
    you probably still have to do the initial GM quests and pay for the GM license for each GM though. you can just change between them w/o redoing the quests but it costs 10 ap? at least that's what this sounds like it does
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    @Arjune
    Exactly what it sounds like - It sounds like an immensely fair trade-off, honestly.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Just for completeness' sake, would you mind telling what the special effect for Apothecary is?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    @Iyasenu

Additional production (item) by ★RNG★ when successful
    IyasenuSugarAngel[Deleted User]
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    What is Ninja's special effect?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    @Hinotama

Ninja is included in that 'battle type' class. +30 Max