Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Me, When I finally get to R1 cooking

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 9, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The hell bent of maxing out ranks within a day...

At least for Cooking. ;D

You make it sound like a...piece of cake. B)

@Blissfulkill Don't you mean "a pizza cake?"

Man, why is everyone in such a rush? And then complain next week that there's no new content?
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Man, why is everyone in such a rush? And then complain next week that there's no new content?

I'm in a hurry to get to Rank 1 cooking so I can work on my journal. xD The new ingredients and the new recipes for old cooking techniques as well, are all exciting to me.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Jazmyn wrote: »

I'm in a hurry to get to Rank 1 cooking so I can work on my journal. xD The new ingredients and the new recipes for old cooking techniques as well, are all exciting to me.

I'm gonna keep to this pace.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5368367
    Jazmynstarkiller1286
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    When I first capped cooking I looked back at the cursed cooking dungeon cauldron and vowed to never go back there. And I meant it. Been saving all my fairy event training seals for this moment. I'm not one to skip training skills like this but my therapist agrees this was an understandable move. Feels good to finally be done with cooking. oTL
    WolfandWolfJazmynoffwithyourheadsChaosShadowAeolys
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited November 10, 2018
    Anyone have any idea how exactly you get the book for rank 2 to 1 from the cooking contest? (I forgot to do a part-time job. :()
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Anyone have any idea how exactly you get the book for rank 2 to 1 from the cooking contest? (I forgot to do a part-time job. :()

You could try this.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited November 11, 2018

The Fish Shop's Lad Tale is from the cooking contest. Some people said that it is only given out during the Monthly contest, but I ranked second place in yesterday's contest and when I talked to Gordon, he gave me the monthly contest ticket and the book.
    Kitsuyasha wrote: »
    When I first capped cooking I looked back at the cursed cooking dungeon cauldron and vowed to never go back there. And I meant it. Been saving all my fairy event training seals for this moment. I'm not one to skip training skills like this but my therapist agrees this was an understandable move. Feels good to finally be done with cooking. oTL

I thought using Hydra would make it easier since I am a feeble little elf, but that backfired when 5 rats spawned in a row and died in two-ish ticks. Stupid dungeon.
    WolfandWolf
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Aeolys wrote: »

The Fish Shop's Lad Tale is from the cooking contest. Some people said that it is only given out during the Monthly contest, but I ranked second place in yesterday's contest and when I talked to Gordon, he gave me the monthly contest ticket and the book.

I had a theory that it would replace Making Pasta if you have already read it.. or that you would get it for placing. Did you also get the hat at the same time as the book?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited November 11, 2018

I thought using Hydra would make it easier since I am a feeble little elf, but that backfired when 5 rats spawned in a row and died in two-ish ticks. Stupid dungeon.

This is exactly why I hate the rats. I actually enjoy the Valentine's day event cooking dungeons because there aren't any rats. No Glewyas either, which I actually prefer since he had a tendency to get in my way more often than not.

If the regular dungeon were more like the Valentine's day dungeon, it would be so much better and wonderful. <3 I get that they're supposed to be there for the challenge, but they're so glitchy and don't get out of the way when you smash them towards the sides of the pot. They deny physics. Also, they're stress inducing.

Just add more requirements to the recipe to make it harder would make it better, imo.
    AeolysKensamaofmari
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited November 11, 2018

I had a theory that it would replace Making Pasta if you have already read it.. or that you would get it for placing. Did you also get the hat at the same time as the book?

Actually, I get the Making Pasta book after submitting my final dish to Gordon. The hat, ticket and r1 book is from talking to Gordon after the contest is over. So, you essentially get both.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Actually, I get the Making Pasta book after submitting my final dish to Gordon. The hat, ticket and r1 book is from talking to Gordon after the contest is over. So, you essentially get both.

So you get it as a prize. Thanks. :3
    Aeolys
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    and here i am sitting grinding fidoh doing 20 runs a day for a resting book... feelsbadman
    Kensamaofmari