Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Life Skill Update

Comments

• AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    will there be clover patches to gather 4 leaf clovers in the future
    will be able to stack 4 leaf clovers
    another idea that comes into mind is
    instead of adding clover patches make it possible to obtain 4 leaf clovers from other herb patches by chance

I like that idea for four leaf clovers, but not from other herb patches. Maybe be like where you have to have 30 clovers to make 1 patch in your homestead.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    What's with these mushroom patches. I can't harvest form them. Did they just scam me?
    Miruha wrote: »
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    will there be clover patches to gather 4 leaf clovers in the future
    will be able to stack 4 leaf clovers
    another idea that comes into mind is
    instead of adding clover patches make it possible to obtain 4 leaf clovers from other herb patches by chance

I like that idea for four leaf clovers, but not from other herb patches. Maybe be like where you have to have 30 clovers to make 1 patch in your homestead.

Yeah, whatever helps. Right now, potion making is really discouraged. You get free SE potions like every second week, and crafting your own takes too much effort, and can't even beat the SE potions.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited November 11, 2018
    You cant tell when the new nodes in your homestead are empty or not. (Excluding the "Metallurgy site" that stops sparkling and the "Hazelnut Mushroom Site" that runs out of shrooms after you're done collecting everything available)

And the Mushroom Nodes looks empty until you try to harvest from them if youre still in the HS when nightime comes around so its hard to see if there is anything available or not.

Please fix the mushroom bug and make the rest of the nodes easier to see if theyre empty or not, ive already made a suggestion about the matter but i cant trust that it wont get ignored from my past experience with that suggestion thread..
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    TNinja wrote: »
    What's with these mushroom patches. I can't harvest form them. Did they just scam me?

Mushrooms act like they do in the forest. So they are only available at night time. Golden mushrooms are only available on Wed. and Brown Pine only appears on weekdays. Still, having it in your homestead saves having to travel all the way to one of the forests and having to fight other people for them (especially over the Golden mushrooms, which have such a low limited quantity).
    Gremm
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited November 11, 2018
    I am slightly disappointed that corn/wheat/barley/potato fields are 5 per real-life day rather than 5-and-recharge-over-time like their outside-homestead counterparts. Essentially making them as useful as a homestead sheep, cow and chicken; ie: not at all that useful.
    JazmynAsurielGremmYoriden
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I am slightly disappointed that corn/wheat/barley/potato fields are 5 per real-life day rather than 5-and-recharge-over-time like their outside-homestead counterparts. Essentially making them as useful as a homestead sheep, cow and chicken; ie: not at all that useful.

Unless you get a homestead full of nothing but wheat, lolol.

It's still kind of useless, though, unless there's some new feature that enables us to turn it into flour like the Tir mill. Otherwise, raw wheat.... Do the new recipes call for raw wheat?
    Kensamaofmari
  • GremmGremm
    edited November 12, 2018
    The Mushroom nodes are more disappointing in that area, you can only harvest 3 mushrooms per day, i don't know about the golden mushroom node yet but i can imagine there only being 1 available every Wednesday due to its rarity and it being part of the useful recipe for Likeability potions.

Why in the world do they think Mushrooms are so powerful that they need to nerf the amount of available shrooms for harvest? :/
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

It's still kind of useless, though, unless there's some new feature that enables us to turn it into flour like the Tir mill. Otherwise, raw wheat.... Do the new recipes call for raw wheat?

I'm just placing fields in my homestead for
    1. Emergency supplies
    2. Aesthetic value
    3. Finish training harvesting and hoeing.

Having fields in homestead can lower the time you have to go back and forth from the fields and the mill which is annoying when you fail milling.

Has anyone tried if you get beans from homestead potato fields?
    Jazmyn
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited November 13, 2018
    cut

1. Emergency supplies
    2. Aesthetic value

Having fields in homestead can lower the time you have to go back and forth from the fields and the mill which is annoying when you fail milling.

Tried. Won't even let me click.
    Kensamaofmari
  • GremmGremm

1. Emergency supplies
    2. Aesthetic value

Beans? You can get beans from a potato field?

You can get potatoes and Big Potatoes from the HS Potato Field but ive no idea how to get beans from them. ^^"
    Kensamaofmari
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Gremm wrote: »

You can get potatoes and Big Potatoes from the HS Potato Field but ive no idea how to get beans from them. ^^"

You need a dull weeding hoe. Apparently it doesn't work in the HS patch though.
    Gremm
    Jazmyn wrote: »

A weeding hoe few can afford.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

It comes from Hot Springs Monkeys, too, so at least it's not exclusive to that one bear pet that grows larger as you feed it more Magic Bean Tofu, anymore.
    Jazmyn
    Iyasenu wrote: »

It comes from Hot Springs Monkeys, too, so at least it's not exclusive to that one bear pet that grows larger as you feed it more Magic Bean Tofu, anymore.

Well it all depends on what the monkeys give you. I am lucky to have the hoe and didn't have to go through either methods to obtain.
  • AeolysAeolys

You get a dull weeding hoe when you create a Red Panda or Polar Bear pet. You use this to gather beans in potato fields (this makes no sense at all but whatever). You can use these beans to create magical tofu which makes Red Pandas and Polar Bears grow massive and up their physical skills while lowering their magic and rest skill. There are also some other cooking/handicraft recipes involving beans but they're unremarkable.

You get a dull weeding hoe when you create a Red Panda or Polar Bear pet. You use this to gather beans in potato fields (this makes no sense at all but whatever). You can use these beans to create magical tofu which makes Red Pandas and Polar Bears grow massive and up their physical skills while lowering their magic and rest skill. There are also some other cooking/handicraft recipes involving beans but they're unremarkable.

They're not that unremarkable.
    They're all diet food!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Gold mushrooms can indeed only be harvested on Wednesday, during in-game night. Unlike the Hazelnut or Pine, each gold mushroom space gives you a grand total of....one single mushroom. And they don't respawn, so you only get one mushroom per week.

Assuming you don't get any lucky finishes or use Partner gather, it will take 30 weeks to replace the 30 gold mushrooms you lost to create one of these. Or, in other words, a half a year, lol. xD

• AeolysAeolys
    edited November 15, 2018
    Gold mushrooms can indeed only be harvested on Wednesday, during in-game night. Unlike the Hazelnut or Pine, each gold mushroom space gives you a grand total of....one single mushroom. And they don't respawn, so you only get one mushroom per week.

Assuming you don't get any lucky finishes or use Partner gather, it will take 30 weeks to replace the 30 gold mushrooms you lost to create one of these. Or, in other words, a half a year, lol. xD

Pray to the machine gods and hope for a Huge Lucky Gather.
    *rolls*
    critical-miss-chart-d20-natural-1-150x150.jpg
    *mushroom patch explodes*
    WolfandWolfpawcalypse
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    And the gold mushroom patch can only be gathered once.

Well that's dictionary definition of underwhelming.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Now when do we get rank1 Evasion and Mana shield? OH! and lets not forget meditation, sure taking them quite awhile :3