Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold Mushroom nodes can't gather? no mushrooms

AsukiraAsukira
Mabinogi Rep: 520
edited November 9, 2018 in Help
I'm used to seeing nodes having regenerating resources like the chopping blocks and cuilin stone deposits or being able to gather its limited quantity such as herb patches where its 5~10 a real life day depending if its raining or not, however these golden mushroom nodes don't follow both of these categories as I can't gather via bare hands and even after the server reset i'm still unable to gather them, even waiting for ingame night time if its behavior is like the regular mushrooms however that isn't the case.

Is the golden mushrooms bugged, have different respawn/refresh timers than the rest of the homestead products or do they function like normal mushrooms where we can only gather if it's wednesday?...

2b6d95eadf607d2519349bbd87187e04.jpg

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think they only produce mushrooms on Wednesdays, like normal Golden Mushroom patches out in the forests.

Check back on Wednesday.
    GretaKensamaofmaripawcalypseGoldtiger01
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I think they only produce mushrooms on Wednesdays, like normal Golden Mushroom patches out in the forests.

Check back on Wednesday.

Man if that's the case I hope you can at least gather from it every in-game night while it is Wednesday. If you can only gather 5 to 10 a week that would be pretty lame. The stump is kinda cool looking at least.
    pawcalypseGoldtiger01
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Check back on Wednesday.

Man if that's the case I hope you can at least gather from it every in-game night while it is Wednesday. If you can only gather 5 to 10 a week that would be pretty lame. The stump is kinda cool looking at least.

That's how it's always been since their existence. It's much better than trying to gather a Golden Egg for egg gathering.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 9, 2018

Check back on Wednesday.

Does that mean the mushrooms, of any kind, only appear on the stump at the same time they normally appear where the mushrooms are found? You can only gather certain mushrooms around 8:00 pm and 4:00 am, in game?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You have to wait for the Homestead reset after placing new items. Happens at midnight UTC, 3am EST.
  • AsukiraAsukira
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    You have to wait for the Homestead reset after placing new items. Happens at midnight UTC, 3am EST.

I've already mentioned that i tried gathering after the midnight reset and even tried to gather after creating it and during erinn night time before and after the midnight reset so now i guess its more likely that its only on wednesday
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Asukira wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

I've already mentioned that i tried gathering after the midnight reset and even tried to gather after creating it and during erinn night time before and after the midnight reset so now i guess its more likely that its only on wednesday

Can you tell I didn't read the OP :D?
    pawcalypse
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Gold mushroom mounds are Wed. Only. I made Pine Mushroom mound today to test it....and I cannot gather any since it's the weekend.
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    Can't be harvested unless its wednesday from the looks of it, your welcome
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    edited November 14, 2018
    (Snip)
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Well, thats a bit of a pain. On the bright side you dont have to run around the entire forest to gather all 30 Gold Mushrooms once you got the node at least, did you collect all the Gold Mushrooms yourself or did you use pons?

Also, how many times can you gather before they run out? If its only 5 per stump then i might have to rethink my plans a bit. :/
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 11, 2018
    Gremm wrote: »
    Well, thats a bit of a pain. On the bright side you dont have to run around the entire forest to gather all 30 Gold Mushrooms once you got the node at least, did you collect all the Gold Mushrooms yourself or did you use pons?

Also, how many times can you gather before they run out? If its only 5 per stump then i might have to rethink my plans a bit. :/

I think it's less, but don't remember where I saw that.. in-game or forums.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited November 11, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Gremm wrote: »

I think it's less, but don't remember where I saw that.. in-game or forums.

The Hazelnut Mushroom Site can only give you 3 mushrooms for each gathering (Once every IRL day) so knowing how many Gold Mushrooms you can gather every Wednesday is important to know before building/buying the node.

If possible, please respond once anyone know please.
    Jazmyn
  • AsukiraAsukira
    All the new nodes in the homestead update refresh every in real life day where day exclusive mushrooms only spawn like the wild counterparts.... Can't gather gold mushrooms outside of wednesday and only 1 Gather on the mushrooms.......... very limited gathers on all the crops, shellfish, mineral deposits and metallurgy sites........ even the mineral deposits gives random sulfur ores and the metallurgy spots allows you to gather unknown ores why are these nodes so much more ridiculous to create than herbs while being even more useless in small quantities
    AlalaroseGremm
    Reminder: Today is Gold Mushroom Gathering Day
    Be aware of your surrounding forests
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    Asukira wrote: »
    All the new nodes in the homestead update refresh every in real life day where day exclusive mushrooms only spawn like the wild counterparts.... Can't gather gold mushrooms outside of wednesday and only 1 Gather on the mushrooms.......... very limited gathers on all the crops, shellfish, mineral deposits and metallurgy sites........ even the mineral deposits gives random sulfur ores and the metallurgy spots allows you to gather unknown ores why are these nodes so much more ridiculous to create than herbs while being even more useless in small quantities

thanks for conferming my speculation, i harvested one from a freinds homestead and noticed there wasnt any left, so it really is 1 per week, thats kinda lousy for the 30 used to make it, it means it will take 30 weeks to get back to the 30 used to make it...
    Well here's my input
    The purpose of gold mushrooms is supposed to be rare.
    So I think my setting the requirement to need the max 30 to create the resource node and giving limited yields can be merited. That way people can't manipulate and essentially make that resource lose its purpose if it was all easily accessible.

Now the Golden Egg is different because it offers very little use other than being consumed, so it being available for sale is ok. Although it's availability for gathering is absurdly low.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited November 14, 2018
    Well here's my input
    The purpose of gold mushrooms is supposed to be rare.
    So I think my setting the requirement to need the max 30 to create the resource node and giving limited yields can be merited. That way people can't manipulate and essentially make that resource lose its purpose if it was all easily accessible.

Now the Golden Egg is different because it offers very little use other than being consumed, so it being available for sale is ok. Although it's availability for gathering is absurdly low.

It's not merited.

30 Golden Mushrooms for a single gather per WEEK is ridiculous.
    At this point they're purely for fashion, and during the daytime, when empty, or 6 days out of the week their logs look exactly like any of the other, far more available, mushroom logs.

Whereas the creation of herb patches can be argued for quite easily, as most of the homestead herbs are only found in patches in dungeons, collecting golden mushrooms on your homestead is by and large WORSE than gathering them out in the wild.

Maybe it could be argued if you were able to gather the mushrooms on their off-days, as bonus availability would be a viable point, even when compared to their limited yield, but the only "good" part of these nodes is that you can limit them to only be gathered by yourself.
    Which is much a moot point as mushrooms are NOT a competitive resource. 2 per channel per night in Uladh, and more in Karu Forest.

And it's also kind of silly to think that a resource would "lose its purpose" if it were easily accessible.
    Because it wouldn't.
    The purpose of a Golden Mushroom is not "to be rare".
    It's for making Likeability Potions or Tupai Taming Bait, or to feed the Deer in Corrib Valley to get herbs in return.
    And these homestead Nodes do not help accomplish this in a meaningful way, as unlike herbs, it's not ever going to eventually be a viable replacement to just gathering them in the forests, as they're a markedly worse source.
    Whereas Herbs showing up in dungeons is random as to what type they are, growing them on your homestead provides a steady guaranteed source of herbs.
    Mushrooms are already guaranteed, in type and amount, so these homestead nodes are little to no boon whatsoever.
    But what would be a compromise?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    But what would be a compromise?

A compromise to what?

Instead of that, just make the homestead nodes better.
    A few ways to do that.
    Make it available to gather every day, instead of being day-restricted.
    Make it have 5 base gathers, like herbs, being able to be boosted to 8 under a thunderstorm.

Barring that, it could retain its single gather per night, but let it regenerate every night.
    Though that would make them merely as good as their forest counterparts.
    Even with nightly regeneration it would take a great many homestead nodes to compare with the natural availability of the mushrooms, since while there are many channels, there's only one instance of your homestead.

Homestead gathering nodes will never be satisfactory if they aren't either the most convenient or readily available source of whatever it is they're providing.
    Whereas herbs require an initial startup of resources from dungeons or Iria's caverns, they can rather quickly become self-sufficient in their own growth, and with enough herb nodes, they can become the primary source of your herbs for potion-making needs, giving the overall benefit of being able to largely avoid trudging through dungeons to craft potions.
    I don't see this happening with things like Mushrooms, and it's already a thing with many other nodes, such as Cows, Hens, Wheat, Barley, Shellfish, Metallurgy Sites, Mining Sites, and Corn.

Their non-homestead sites are far more plentiful to gather from, and not hidden behind random spawns, like herbs.
    Such things would need to respawn over time to be worthwhile, as otherwise you may as well just go to their primary sources to gather them.
    Especially when it comes to Wheat and Barley, as they're useless without the Mill, which is literally adjacent to plenty of respawning wheat/barley gathering nodes.

The purpose of these gathering nodes is to provide a more convenient and reliable source of these resources, when compared to ordinary sources.
    As they are now, they provide no meaningful benefit. You will never be able to avoid the forests for your mushroom needs, unless all you ever need is one or two per week. And in THAT case the initial investment of 30 mushrooms to build a homestead node would be sacrificing many weeks-worth of supply for a single one.
    How would that be justifiable?

If you want these gather nodes for decorative purposes, hey, you're covered! But they will not be a satisfactory source of resources unless they undergo some changes and buffs to their yield and/or availability.
    AlexLight