Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we finally uncap some skills?

ArchlunarisArchlunaris
Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
edited January 15, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Nexon,

I have always wondered why certain skills were capped. Originally people agreed with it because it kept certain skills from becoming too powerful, which I can understand. But now, we have some truly hard content for the players well along (phantasm, abyss,etc.), and the generation difficulty curve for new players can be fierce at times. As a mage I would appreciate meditation uncapped as well as mana shield, but I know there are other players who would find value in rank 1 rest, rank 1 first aid, or maybe even rank 1 campfire. Rank 1 cooking would also be cool to see, I think it would get more people into the spirit of "Trying to cook the BEST thing" again. If it doesn't make sense for certain skills that don't have their training methods available in game yet that's understandable, but for the ones that do, can we uncap them now please? Vote below guys! Thanks!

Sincerely,
Arch
Enziio
  1. Should we uncap capped skills?43 votes
    1. Yes!
       65% (28 votes)
    2. Nah man, I like how it is
       5% (2 votes)
    3. YES PLZ NOW! xD
       30% (13 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    it would be nice to see some of the skills uncapped. the players becoming too powerful is a lame excuse, maybe there would be a small increase in power but certainly not enough to make a serious difference and make mabi to easy. with phantasm and the dungeon update making everything tougher it would not be a major problem. mana shield is one of the skills I would like to get to rank 1 as well cause it is a useful ability and it is kind of annoying when you work hard on a skill and can't finish it.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I've always wondered why first aid and campfire were still camped. They wouldn't be game-breaking in any way if they were uncapped. >.>
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    edited January 15, 2017
    Yeah, guys if you voted no lets give some reasons too! I know some players complain about certain things being too powerful, BUT if we all have access to the same skills it makes us all that powerful. Im sure there are those players out there that want this game to be like ninja gaiden or dark souls, but im sure that's not the whole communities voice. Also, some of the capped skills have reforges to make them better as well. If being too strong is a problem, why do we have these reforges? Lets get some more support, share this post with your friends everybody. We might be able to make this happen if it has enough of a following! xD
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    You'll be glad to know I also have this topic covered in a large revamp poll of my own. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1134/most-desired-revamp-poll/p1
    However, it's all up to the devs which topic they'll actually be able to get to. Although this is Nexon, and as a veteran player, I know that without every Mabinogi player voting, the poll will just not alert them enough that they need to communicate with the fanbase in NA more.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    What I dislike the most about this problem is that the skills that are currently capped are some of the oldest skills in the game. They bring in entire new skillsets without caps but neglect the old content.

MusicQ would have been the perfect opportunity to release the titles for Master of Music and Master of Composing, too, and they just... didn't.
    Darkpixie99
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    My main reason for doing this is making some of these skills relevant too. Even though there was a magic revamp, it still didn't make meditation or mana shield must have for mages. Matter of fact they were made even more niche as they really only suit crafters who need constant mana, or other class users that don't use their mana pool for anything other than an expendable health bar. Also, nobody uses rest to recover stats anymore, campfire is only useful for enchanting (if it gave buffs that would be cool), and bandaging (although very useful) sometimes doesn't fix enough wound to keep up with some mob damage. Also cooking, im sure we would all love better food buffs from well prepared bundled meals. All of these things as well we can do, but not directly. I think its time we should be allowed to do it the normal way.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Uncap Mana Shield. -drools-
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Composing and Music Knowledge in particular. How hard is it to come up with one more book?

(Then again, considering how many neglected and abandoned black-box game mechanics we have, I suspect nobody left on the staff still knows how.)
  • EnziioEnziio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,510
    edited January 20, 2017
    To be honest with "the Master of Party Healing" title and Shield of Trust's Recovering Touch, First Aid is a bit useless this days (though, not many people actually go for Master PH). I would like to see the rank 1Rest pose oversea servers have, and maybe an option to choose which rank pose you want to use (maybe asking too much, but it would make resting more interesting), and about campfire, yea more buffs would be nice interesting too. And I do think rank 1 meditation would give an unfair advantage for mages considering they have inspiration too (unless we get a meditation equivalent for stamina users). But overal I think we do need uncap on skills!

Side note: I personally think we could get a Master of First Aid title that makes your first aid lose the need to rest for efficient recovery.
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Enziio
    Enziio said:

To be honest with "the Master of Party Healing" title and Shield of Trust's Recovering Touch, First Aid is a bit useless this days (though, not many people actually go for Master PH). I would like to see the rank 1Rest pose oversea servers have, and maybe an option to choose which rank pose you want to use (maybe asking too much, but it would make resting more interesting), and about campfire, yea more buffs would be nice interesting too. And I do think rank 1 meditation would give an unfair advantage for mages considering they have inspiration too (unless we get a meditation equivalent for stamina users). But overal I think we do need uncap on skills!

Side note: I personally think we could get a Master of First Aid title that makes your first aid lose the need to rest for efficient recovery.
    Well you do have respite which is the inspiration equivalent of a non-mana user (you just have to keep a knuckle handy like we keep a wand), and also you say meditation being op for mages as if it effects the majority of content we do. An op relevance arugment is nessecary in a highly pvp based game. Since there aren't any pvp events, games, earnables, etc, for mabi. it effects literally nothing of importance balance wise except for extended mana pool duration, its kinda like our own bard buff. Im not sure how meditation could be over powered if it helps ALL players fight mobs, which includes combat players who use mana shield to tank. Stamina useage also isn't as intense as mana useage can be (unless you spam enthralling performance/spellwalk), granted it would be cool to see a stam regen skill, BUT you do have access to bard buffs that bump up stam regen considerably, and that is much more likely to be used than vivace in party play. Remember comparing classes to each other is less productive in a game where are players are multiclass as opposed to locked class. Any benefit you can add to your character helps all of us. But, that's just my take on it. xD
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Honestly I Agree too it, Not just out of being his waifu but. Its honestly a good idea (For personal reasons to be stronger as well) Id like it see them actually go for an idea like this. AS well as actually commiting to make new skills ontop of our awesome skills. Uncapped Manashield would be oml <3 ! I would be very happy. As well as uncapping Cooking. Hw bad would it be to come up with some more ideas? More food = Better caters :) ! (At least we hope) As well as having that awesome KR r1 rest. (as was mentioned but its so cool)