Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"You do not have enough space on your hard drive"

RooncoRoonco
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
I'm using the Nexon Launcher and need 1.53 GB to install this update apparently (I haven't played in a few months). I have over 300GB free on my hard drive yet the launcher installs a few MB then throws up this alert again every time I try to install it. I've tried restarting the Launcher a few times and it still hasn't fixed the problem.

Please help!

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited November 15, 2018
    This sounds like it could PC issue, I don't know your personal experience with Computers and their workings so please don't take offense if I say something that seems obvious, but it would help if you could provide a screenshot of your "My Computer" screen on Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer).
    Specifically, take a screenshot of the section that says "Disks and Drives". I assume your Harddrive is labled as "Disk (C:)".
    Screenshotting this information would help immensely, however if you aren't sure how, just double check that it doesn't say "300MB remaining" and not 300GB.
    If this is the case, uninstall any game you don't intend on playing soon, and delete some unused files as well.

If you are 100% certain that you have 300GB remaining, then uninstall Mabinogi entirely, and reinstall, as the installation may have a fault.

If none of this seems to help, take into account the age of your PC. Is your PC more than 4 years old? Do you use it a lot? Your Hard Drive may need replacing soon.
  • TiernieTiernie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Giegue wrote: »
    This sounds like it could PC issue, I don't know your personal experience with Computers and their workings so please don't take offense if I say something that seems obvious, but it would help if you could provide a screenshot of your "My Computer" screen on Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer).
    Specifically, take a screenshot of the section that says "Disks and Drives". I assume your Harddrive is labled as "Disk (C:)".
    Screenshotting this information would help immensely, however if you aren't sure how, just double check that it doesn't say "300MB remaining" and not 300GB.
    If this is the case, uninstall any game you don't intend on playing soon, and delete some unused files as well.

If you are 100% certain that you have 300GB remaining, then uninstall Mabinogi entirely, and reinstall, as the installation may have a fault.

If none of this seems to help, take into account the age of your PC. Is your PC more than 4 years old? Do you use it a lot? Your Hard Drive may need replacing soon.

I don't think it has anything to do with the PC (Other than a setting than is blocking something with the update that happened 4 weeks ago.) because I am having the same issues and it was worse when I deleted everything because then it wouldn't download the entire game. I had to slowly copy and paste the files from someones computer that is was working on to get my game back. It still has issues with updates I have to constantly press Reload. It will download a few MB at a time and gives me the the no room error. I contacted Mabi on the Live Chat and they couldn't help, just asked me to do a ticket. Another strange thing that is happening is when I log out the survey thing that pops up on IE won't go away. You can not click on it or anything. I have to Task Manager out of it.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited November 16, 2018
    Tiernie wrote: »
    Giegue wrote: »
    *snip*

I don't think it has anything to do with the PC (Other than a setting than is blocking something with the update that happened 4 weeks ago.) because I am having the same issues and it was worse when I deleted everything because then it wouldn't download the entire game. I had to slowly copy and paste the files from someones computer that is was working on to get my game back. It still has issues with updates I have to constantly press Reload. It will download a few MB at a time and gives me the the no room error. I contacted Mabi on the Live Chat and they couldn't help, just asked me to do a ticket. Another strange thing that is happening is when I log out the survey thing that pops up on IE won't go away. You can not click on it or anything. I have to Task Manager out of it.

Have you attempted disabling your Virus scanners and Firewalls while performing the install? That could be causing interference. This is mostly guesswork on my end due to not having information.
    But that is a potential workaround that might work for OP, as tedious as it is. If you have a friend or a second PC with the game installed and up to date, you can literally drag and drop the folder into your Nexon Library folder and it should work, but that's if you have access to that.
  • TiernieTiernie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Yes, I have tried disabling the firewall and virus protection. I did get around it by dragging the files around and that is why i am able to play. The down side is when Mabi updates it still says there is no room in the folder. So each time there is an update it is copy and paste.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited November 17, 2018
    I know it likes to be in the C:/ Drive area. Are you directing it to another HD or partition of the HD?

I know the launcher at times have issues. You might have an issue with that. It's been quite unresolved with many people that they don't play the game anymore.

Not sure if you can go into the game file and do an update through that as well.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 20, 2018
    Is it referring to the hard drive or to RAM? I mean did it actually say Hard Drive?
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited December 17, 2018
    the problem is NOT the person's pc......i too have been having the same problem after the 'great launcher boot-loop crash' over a month ago .....when the game is working fine BEFORE a game update to not being able to run AFTER an update only points to the update as the problem....as further evidence to the update issues, i could still run the game from Steam on the same computer while the launcher was still acting up....after several maintenances since the initial problem i can now launch the game from the launcher....finally

if it's still not working for you then i would suggest you try to install it through Steam.....if it runs properly then that will confirm your pc is working fine, and that the problem is some issue with the launcher.....since Nexon has dropped Vista from its list of OS that still leaves Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 being used.....i expect issues to vary with each different OS, but will eventually be worked out
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I would suggest updating the OS if possible or when you find a good sale on them. They will discontinue support sooner or later. I remember when the game ran on 98 and XP platforms....it did not bode so well as they pushed for the other OS's before deciding to go with Vista and higher. Most people who were lucky to were able to get a new computer/OS within a year...the rest just dropped out of the game.

The launcher usually self fixes itself if you click the check installation file. Sometimes you need to do a complete wipe of the programs via Nexon NA such as the launcher if that's the issue or the game client …..especially through the registry unfortunately.

I really wish there were some stickies on these fixes, even if they are old they are still relevant to people who run into problems.

I assume the OP's issue has been resolved since I don't see any more interaction on the forums?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I vaguely remember seeing these messages on the old client system, but I definitely don't think it's a PC issue.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 18, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »
    Is it referring to the hard drive or to RAM? I mean did it actually say Hard Drive?

That was my thought too. However, I think if that were the cast it would say the system didn't have enough memory. =T

@Roonco , is it possible for us to get a screencap of the error?