Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Customization form and launcher

nathkyonathkyo
Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
in Feedback and Suggestions
So far I am liking the new forms except for the customizable profile pictures for both the launcher and the form you're able to do that on steam so it should be not that hard to implement I could understand if you're trying to keep it so people don't put . Questionable material on but it would be nice to have

Comments

• mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    edited December 20, 2016
    I know at the moment the main concentration is maybe giving us uploadable avatars, but until the staff figures that out, can we at least have some new avatars in the selectables? Possibly more characters?

Because I keep thinking everyone else with Tarlach as their avatar is me and this is confusing :( Especially because the name doesn't really stand out over the avatars.
    Also the freakin Lelach army is scary.

Alveris | Mari
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Waiting for upload option for avatars intensifies
    [Deleted User]
  • mintielmintiel
    edited December 20, 2016
    TBH I'm honestly doubting they're going to give us uploadable avatars. Hasn't the new forum software been active on the Maplestory forums for a while? (I don't know because I don't check there, it's like a cesspool and talking to most of those people gives me a headache before even opening my mouth so I avoid it.) If that's the case, then I'm sure they actually know how to work it and if they wanted the custom avatar feature uploaded they would have probably done it already. If they prove me wrong? Cool. I'd like it too. I just have my doubts.

I mean if they really aren't going to give it to us it would be really nice if they at least made the usernames stand out more than the icons at least in quotes because ohhh boy it's weird to start reading something and then go "I didn't write tha--Oh there's the user name" which makes me feel slightly dumber or just flat out blind. :(

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue I mean considering other people complained about the forum's css I can't be the only one right?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    It had heard (or read somewhere) that they were waiting for all the new forums to be up and running before they added the ability for us to use our custom avatars again. And you can doubt it all you want that they're going to add them but Sabina wouldn't have posted that they were going to if they hadn't first told her that they were.
    [Deleted User]
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    needs ibbie
    [Deleted User]
  • mintielmintiel
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

It had heard (or read somewhere) that they were waiting for all the new forums to be up and running before they added the ability for us to use our custom avatars again. And you can doubt it all you want that they're going to add them but Sabina wouldn't have posted that they were going to if they hadn't first told her that they were.
    I dunno, it wouldn't be the first time they made empty promises if they said that and it never came.

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    edited December 20, 2016
    I can wait a while for the custom avatars. I mean c'mon, my favorite NPC is here!

TAUNES!!!

95% percent repair rate, going blind, and he still did less failures than Edern. You're my man, Taunes. :-)
    mintiel
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited December 20, 2016
    I'm the same way, I'm weird. I see people and vision them as their avatars.

I'd kill for Treasure hunter.
    Ahh <3
    But Fleta is good for me.

I'm more excited for the day we can our profile names lol

@mintiel Lelach good.. Akule bad..
  • mintielmintiel
    Give me Black Mask ;_;
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I want Cookie Witch...
  • LunatoMercuryLunatoMercury
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Am I the only one who favors monsters in mabinogi? No Dark Knights or Paladins ether?
  • mintielmintiel
    Man you guys get so uppity when it's implied we're going to be waiting forever for that feature lmao
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Kokoro
    Kokoro said:

I want Cookie Witch...
    Oo yea shes a cutie
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    nathkyo
    nathkyo said:

So far I am liking the new forms except for the customizable profile pictures
    You failed to read the list of things that are already planned because it already says that they intend to add that. You will find it near the end of Sabina's post.
    forum-features-walkthrough
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17/forum-features-walkthrough
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    All I want is a seal lion (For my 1Gold=1FlipperSlap shop) but no~ all they have is a ferret/lemur/otter thing!
    mintiel