Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pumpkin Pie Event

kairisoadorikairisoadori
Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
in Feedback and Suggestions
Nexon if you added some sort of alternate means to get the pumpkin pie as a drop from killing monsters with a gotchapon and lots of cool loot but making it extremely rare as in a 1 in 10000 drop you will have more people playing thats plus the daily drops but a high rng for events you want to keep premium and a lown rng for events with more as a more of a option as pvm is getting so dry having something that mixes up the experience of doing these dungeon or shadow missions as mindless pvm fun

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    What are you talking about? O_o

Are you trying to say they should have made this a CP-based drop event?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Actually, I believe kairisoadori is proposing something similar to their previous suggestion, "a idea for mabinogi" [http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/16557/a-idea-for-mabinogi]. As such, I think the idea is that it be a permanent addition to the game, rather than an event. With this update, every mob (whatever CP) would have a 0.01% chance to drop a "Gacha Piece" (or, in this suggestion, a Pumpkin Pie) that can be turned into a single unit of gacha. This gachapon would be permanent, much like the Eweca Orb, and featuring items that are less desirable than the current gacha(s) on sale. Either that, or they're suggesting that these "Gacha Pieces" or Pumpkin Pies can be turned into one of the ongoing gachas on sale.

Personnally, I dislike the idea. Offering more RNG to a game that already has too much, and giving a huge incentive to botters is not something this game needs. Moreover, imagine grinding for an entire day for one unit of gacha (saving US$1.50), opening it, and getting a filler item, over and over.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    No.
    We don't need to get pies from drops.
    We get 5 from logging in, 10 on weekends+some weekdays, plus the ones from completing the quests.
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    edited November 19, 2018
    yes i mean a cp based grind with something around the lines of a 0.05 or a 0.03 where your getting a piece from grinding on mobs every couple of minutes 10-20 of doing things you would normally be doing such as being dropped from skilling pvm something that is more engaging with the community vs us sitting around in our homesteads all day with events asking next to no engagement come spend 5 minutes doing this quest and im done or 30 minutes doing these dungeons and im done or sitting in my homestead waiting for it to give me before im off somewhere els with the game i like events that are more engaging vs afking like the pet dungeon the dragon boat races the events that bore the hell out of me are these ones where i get 3 tries a day and then go look for something els to do which in mabinogi is not much with raids not even the most pupulated guild can do efficently in tarlach we could rabbie phantasm but its a pain to solo and to find a group so potentally all we have for money making methods is one content and thats those new ish missions that came with g20 amd festia and that is it saga give trash gold dungeons give trash gold shadow missions give trash gold and i can solo them all at super fast rates at elite and it isnt just tarlach alexina and mari have been seeing a decline as well a huge one only getting worse to the point no one knows if mabinogi is making money they dont care and i would like to see it survive a bit longer just with some sort of better content updates that give me more pvm content and lore im a huge fan of the quests there some of the best in all of f2p beating mmos story telling methods and games general feel of game play by a landslide to the point mabinogi is a blast to play if you have all the items such as the large amount of bags you get from paying or playing alot or amount of clothes and content that was fun to play thats why a system like trading nx comes into play if they work to make there story and content more robust by continuing how they where but more of it one update every 6 months isnt enough for a decent content like a new class or new generation
  • Hisame621Hisame621
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
    Draech wrote: »
    Personnally, I dislike the idea. Offering more RNG to a game that already has too much, and giving a huge incentive to botters is not something this game needs. Moreover, imagine grinding for an entire day for one unit of gacha (saving US$1.50), opening it, and getting a filler item, over and over.

Botters can actually be solved easily so that's not really a problem at all for devs with the right brains. You could easily solve this problem in many ways. For example, you could add new dungeons, or new Shadow Missions with monsters that drop new items for this "Gacha Pieces" idea. If these were to be permanent, then you could require cumulative level of 2k as an example. Already, this would give botters a hard time. There's many ways to solve this problem.
    Another example which would be awesome is to revamp the Commerce system by adding new limited-time items similar to Dunbarton's "Incubus Suit's" or Tir's "Lovely Potions" that would require higher Merchant Ratings. In fact Commercing was created partially or mainly to fight off botters and such. The problem is that there is hardly an incentive to do commercing because most of the weapons you can buy with Ducats are obsolete. Also the addition of Scathach monsters was brilliant, especially with the items they drop which can further be used to commerce. No botter would consider it time-worthy to create a new character and try killing very strong scathach monsters. I wont even mention the Shadow Missions you could create or other easy ways to solve most botter problems.
    My point is I do agree that there should be some sort of permanent Gacha that you can collect pieces for from monsters. Even if this was exclusive to monsters that are hard to kill, maybe adding a higher difficulty to shadow missions beyond Elite, and in these missions have monsters drop good stuff like the gacha pieces. Anyway the idea isn't bad and I don't think it would be too much to ask for.

Also people should not conform to Junk items appearing in a Gachapon, the first and last time I did a gachapon, I got items that were like picking up items from hitting a trash can, this was many years ago and things have changed, but it was an absolute waste of money and I decided I wouldn't bother with Gachas ever since. I guess people don't have a choice but to conform but hey, what's new? lol