Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ask a Dev Thread

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 5, 2018
    Zeo wrote: »
    Actually... now that @Maia brought it up.. I'd like to see race-rebirth be a thing in Mabinogi, it is already shown in the Mabinogi lore that a Milletian can rebirth from one race into other race so why can't we do it? Just disable race-specific skills if you rebirth into a different race without losing anything and you'll get your race-specific skills enabled once you rebirth back to same race again!

Yep, but more would be required. You would have to allow Elf/Giant marriage or else what happens if your rebirth forces you into this situation. If Elf/Giant Marriage is allowed where does the ceremony occur? So probably they'd have to make the three marriage venues open to anyone. Emain for traditional european style weddings, Filia for a small intimate style ones, and Vales for say a military style weddings.

Also Elf/Giant allying would probably have to be nerffed too.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    1. Any chance of Dan Advancement tweaks for players with less than flawless ping for the European Playerbase?

2. Merchandise! I want to support Mabinogi as a fan but I don't have much interest in Gachapon and Premium service. Do you think Merchandise for Mabinogi will be made available globally, including Europe?

3. In relation to the "Why I play Mabinogi" post, "Why do the devs think we keep playing Mabinogi?" How well do they understand why we love Mabinogi as a game and what sets it apart from other games. How important is it to keep that feeling alive?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 10, 2018
    Any plans to expand guardian guilds to other towns? I am getting sick of seeing the same two guilds monopolizing it every week. The guilds we have are exclusive and don't let everyone in. I will be truthful, I have some resentment because of this. So perhaps if you expand the guardian guild locations other more excepting and friendly guilds might take over those locations. Thus giving Mabinogi a better impression.
    (Sorry that was more of a suggestion towards the end, regardless I am still curious).

I am also curious about when you guys are going to consider changing the hideous landscapes surrounding homesteads? Everyone hates the barren wasteland, if you could at least color it green that would be a huge improvement. lol.

Name changes when? A lot of players who have been here since the beginning have naive and childish names that they wish to change and rather not have to start all over with a new character.

Server merge between Tarlach and Ruairi when? These two servers have the smallest populations and could benefit greatly with a merge. I also think it would be cool if we could just go back to being the 3 warrior servers like we originally had.

Also have you guys ever considered created a NECROMANCER talent? We have scythes but you can't really do anything with them. It would be cool if you make scythes useful.
    Dragoolfire
  • SaintxSwordsSaintxSwords
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    When are we getting festival instruments? They've been in our composer since the last music update but to my knowledge, they're not obtainable in-game.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Will we ever get Mini gems for the Aces? I personally would like a Merlin mini gem.
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    how about adding more special weapon options to the game? like the great mallet? or the sickle? i bet the sickle would be a fun red upgrade weapon. or yknow. a great mallet.
  • HDLinkHDLink
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    edited November 23, 2018
    Yea the most request things is about ego system, making them relevant to the game again , it takes time and a lot of care to make them grow ,

I wish they get at last erg sytem too.

Let them reach lvl 100 stats ~ with this it can add more effects or let us craft a special red/blue stone for them

Like the bard ego weapon, a staff ego weapon , and shield ego weapon will be cool .

And a thing I always wanted was a place for a home steat For guilds , a place you can put stones walls, towers, a handmade castle. Not a ramdom model, let us make it with our imagination and make a little town for your guildys will ve cool and lovely to roleplay (also to record stuffs buhahaha)

Hum a thing will be dificult for them to make it posible will be: combat skills in air but I guess they can add special skills to use in air, like a boost to fly around and speed (feels like anime character) and also a TRUE underwater place.. like swiming and exploring also slow combat underwater xD , with respective dungeons and Monsters.....

A thing you can make it easy is adding (dinamic bones) movement for hair and gear , you can make it posible.because I even see it in the Chinese movil game... they make able the hair moves when you move, (they also revamped few places , revamped few npc looks and make them feel weird but acurate to the npc picture)

With this the CAPES can finally come to erinn, I really hope they stop adding wings if we cant figth flying ... plis capes ... CAPES pliss T 3T

(Also new instrument , drums , the one used by bands will be cool.have one like the piano or arp)

I came back I remember 2 simple things will make this game a real new experience...

1. add microphone to chat in game ... that can be good as bad BUT it will give a fresh air to the relation with person in game ... just imagine the videos of mabi omg that will be wild .

And the second one... plis this one its hard to understand but plis , we need Pk system ... this game will be so complete xD...

wit Pvp is fun but a Pk system will make alot of chance and rules in the mileatian community , guilds,partys everything ...

With that the game will change so much and even become more interesting so plis take that in mind
  • AnimemabiAnimemabi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    rjk10123 wrote: »
    Server merge and name change feature happening when..?

Yeah
  • NogimabiNogimabi
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    edited November 23, 2018
    Will characters ever get a visual update? More specifically, the hands. They're really ugly and outdated.
    Crimsọn
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Will we get new continent?
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    When you released your new giant update, you stated you're working hard to bring balance to the game. Do you have any ideas of what you can do to bring said balance?
    THICCthighssavelives
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Xypix wrote: »
    When you released your new giant update, you stated you're working hard to bring balance to the game. Do you have any ideas of what you can do to bring said balance?

This is a question I have too. I want to hear what the devs think balance means and their progress.
  • Your Fallen GodYour Fallen God
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    I'm in the please uncap ego weapon's boat. It's all I want. Only thing. PLEASE.
  • hammerhandhammerhand
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    How do I beat Balor as an Alchemist?
  • YuenSanYuenSan
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited February 6, 2019
    Will the engine ever be overhauled to something more updated?
    If not, will you guys ever plan a browser version of the game using HTML5 features?
    If you had the option of being your own independent developer/publisher for your own games, would you?
    Make a documentary with the KR devs next anniversary about how Mabi was made?