Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Karma koin Cards disappearing from store shelves.

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited September 30, 2018
    Considering how heavily outdated the Karma Koin website is on the games it supports, it's actually no surprise that retailers have no idea what it does.
    Nexon might have to go back to the old brand of NX Gift Cards, or at least communicate with Karma Koin to update the supported games page.
    DANIartsGretaJazmyn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I charge through Steam. Sure, there's tax, but the Steam Trading Cards you get when you make a transaction with your Steam Wallet can be sold on the player marketplace for a bit of coin back.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 4, 2018
    Considering how heavily outdated the Karma Koin website is on the games it supports, it's actually no surprise that retailers have no idea what it does.
    Nexon might have to go back to the old brand of NX Gift Cards, or at least communicate with Karma Koin to update the supported games page.

I don't even understand why they changed it to "Karma Koin" anyways. It's still owned by Nexon...

[EDIT: Oh, I see, they wanted in on the cash from other games and have basically an "all in one gaming cash card to use anywhere and everywhere"]

....Or copyright 2012 by Nexon.... Lol. You're right, it's actually embarrassingly outdated.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's a sad world when 8 years ago is considered outdated.
    DANIarts
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    It's a sad world when 8 years ago is considered outdated.

Well duh. 8 years is a lot of time.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I charge through Steam. Sure, there's tax, but the Steam Trading Cards you get when you make a transaction with your Steam Wallet can be sold on the player marketplace for a bit of coin back.

I got a foil (tarlach or something) that sold for $7 once.

1702_karma_koin.png

I see these in stores now, you choose how much to put on it. It's a shame, I liked the shiny ones.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

1702_karma_koin.png

I see these in stores now, you choose how much to put on it. It's a shame, I liked the shiny ones.

I see both those and the $25 ones in CVS.
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

1702_karma_koin.png

I see both those and the $25 ones in CVS.

I saw $25 that were white or silver.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 13, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Darkpixie99 - What do you mean by, "Communicate with Karka Koin"..? As far as I know, they own it. They don't have to "communicate" with anyone. There are a lot of factors to consider when determining what the cause of missing cards are. Often times (more often that's the case here) the cards sell out too fast. They're not-reordered, or pre-ordered by the retailer properly, in time enough to restock the shelves on a moment's notice when someone like me who used to spend money on Nexon wipes out their shelf. -- (having these labels is the second best thing to a permanent ban). I won't spend a dime while they're there and even afterwards I might never spend again. Dignity is worth a lot more than a video game. http://karmakoin.com/

hpadmY3.png

Dignity and income is all that makes a retail store when it comes to how much more Itunes/Googleplay/Steam are in demand.
    If ditching a card with an outdated website, and odd, ghostly image helps with sales, then why would they even order more?
    Heck, I bet every store with Amiibo would love to restock. It's just a matter of the supplier's reputation and diligence. (Also time for that.)
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 19, 2018
    They are no longer carried at Walgreens now in my area. No more NX for me I guess.

EDIT: My guess is they're done with KK all together? Can't even search for it via the Google Maps on their website. "For Development Purposes Only". Seems like a subscription lapsed.

EDIT again: NVM, might be my browser, a different website did the same thing.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    My Walgreens stopped carrying them too. Just Gamestop now. >=T
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Leinei wrote: »
    My Walgreens stopped carrying them too. Just Gamestop now. >=T

Closest Gamestop is 45 miles away for me, Walgreens 20 miles a different direction. Oh well. More reason to not spend money on the game. xD I refuse to pay credit.
  • GretaGreta
    Use online shopping.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 21, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Use online shopping.

Where?
    Lol, pfff. Such thing as Karma Koin doesn't exist in my country. xD That's why i go and buy those online. Good, fast and trusted website Offgamers sell them in 10$ and even up to 100$, both Global and Canadian cards.

I just looked at this place... Do you know how they sell it for cheaper? They literally take a loss... I don't get it?
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Use online shopping.

Where?

there's a website that turns any money from PP into KarmaKoin codes(with whatever amount you use).
  • GretaGreta
    Use online shopping.

Where?
    Lol, pfff. Such thing as Karma Koin doesn't exist in my country. xD That's why i go and buy those online. Good, fast and trusted website Offgamers sell them in 10$ and even up to 100$, both Global and Canadian cards.

I just looked at this place... Do you know how they sell it for cheaper? They literally take a loss... I don't get it?

I don't get it too, but i don't care. Bought cards many times and received them all within 5 minutes. Never got scammed. :)
    Jazmyn
    Use online shopping.

Where?

I don't get it too, but i don't care. Bought cards many times and received them all within 5 minutes. Never got scammed. :)

What's their real cost though? ;)
  • kiblazekiblaze
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I haven't really noticed since my karma koin purchases are either through PC Game Supply or PayPal Gifts. https://www.paypal.com/us/gifts/brands/karma-koin (I kinda prefer PayPal because you can gift Karma Koins to friends too)
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited November 27, 2018
    Any word yet why KK cards are no longer being sold in some stores the website advertises? It's like.... we are trying to throw our money at you, and we can't.....
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I was told it's up to the Vendor that comes in to stock and restock the kiosks. Most stores use 3rd party vendors and it's up to them to put them up and they get the profit. If it doesn't sell well or they can't turn a good $$ it's really up to them. I would suggest asking when the vendor comes in so you can talk to them or if the store can put in a good word for you so that they can supply it.