Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The BEST light armor?

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in Help
I've been a devout heavy armor player for YEARS. I am HEAVILY (lol) invested into my current RKA that has stabbing champion and fh dura 17 on it. This armor has always been muh babeh. -Sniff- But...SIGH...I am finally relenting and want to go light armor so I can get my dex back and thus increase my armor pierce. Before I do I would like your opinions on what is currently THE best light armor out there and why.

Thank you.

-sniff-

TT^TT
Helsa

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Depends on what you want from light armor
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Light_Armor_List

I've always used light leather or lorica segmentata because I've had them from the start. And that noobish Adventurer's Crux.

Most armors are 4 def 1 protect 4 upgrades
    Unless you plan on buying ones with higher stats and fashionogi, most of those came out in past events or gachas.

If you're looking to use in game generated ones, magic craft ones are 5 and 1 and you would have to build up dura via hammers.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Depends on what you want from light armor
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Light_Armor_List

I've always used light leather or lorica segmentata because I've had them from the start. And that noobish Adventurer's Crux.

Most armors are 4 def 1 protect 4 upgrades
    Unless you plan on buying ones with higher stats and fashionogi, most of those came out in past events or gachas.

If you're looking to use in game generated ones, magic craft ones are 5 and 1 and you would have to build up dura via hammers.

I am looking for the best defense and protection you can get with a light armor.
    Helsa
  • TotokeTotoke
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    I'd say the best options out there are probably the Languhiris Chaser Armor or Pihne's Armor. If you get high rolls crafting them, they can set you up for success. Abyss armor is a good one but the downside is that it's gacha exclusive. The other two armors are a grind, but imo the Languhiris is probably easier than Pihne.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The best would probably be one of those magic-crafted armors.
    But that's hard to craft stuff like Languhiris Chaser armor or the Improved Alban Knights Armors.
    And they have stat rolls. Though they do mdef/mprot as well.

Or that Abyss Dragon Armor from that one gacha. The non-full version is Light Armor and came with 27/19 def/prot.

Both of those would probably be annoying to get.
    But if def/prot is all you care about, then the Abyss Dragon Armor has the best def/prot, compared to other armors, even after their upgrades.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 28, 2018
    Totoke wrote: »
    I'd say the best options out there are probably the Languhiris Chaser Armor or Pihne's Armor. If you get high rolls crafting them, they can set you up for success. Abyss armor is a good one but the downside is that it's gacha exclusive. The other two armors are a grind, but imo the Languhiris is probably easier than Pihne.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The best would probably be one of those magic-crafted armors.
    But that's hard to craft stuff like Languhiris Chaser armor or the Improved Alban Knights Armors.
    And they have stat rolls. Though they do mdef/mprot as well.

Or that Abyss Dragon Armor from that one gacha. The non-full version is Light Armor and came with 27/19 def/prot.

Both of those would probably be annoying to get.
    But if def/prot is all you care about, then the Abyss Dragon Armor has the best def/prot, compared to other armors, even after their upgrades.

Why do people wear the Abyss Armor on top of other armors (on their style tab) if they're so efficient - it's really unfair when people do this. T~T
    (I view equipment of those that wear something I never seen before.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    So cost ASIDE...should I go Pihne or Abyss?
    Helsa
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Gaea wrote: »

If all you want in a light armor is Def/Prot, Abyss.
    pawcalypse
  • TotokeTotoke

If you're okay with spending the gold then I'd say go for the Abyss. it comes with r1 and high stats.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 28, 2018
    See this is true, and this is coming from someone who has spent way above 100m for reforges. I never EVER want to do that again. Oof.

But at the same time...abyss doesn't have auto defense. Hmmmmm...
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    See this is true, and this is coming from someone who has spent way above 100m for reforges. I never EVER want to do that again. Oof.

But at the same time...abyss doesn't have auto defense. Hmmmmm...

It's just about the best out there.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Ok I am still torn between just dropping 35m for abyss, or saving up over a 100m for Pihne armor. Which of these two is the best armor?

Halp...
    TT^TT
    Helsa
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Abyss is not able to be upgraded, Pihne can at least get artisan upgrade if you want and gem upgrade.
    Artisan Upgrade 100 Prof, Defense +2 ~ +15 Protection +1 ~ +10.
    Artisan Light Armor Upgrade 100 Prof, Defense +1 ~ +3 Protection +1 ~ +2 HP +1 ~ +5 Will +1 ~ +10
    Gem Repair 100 Prof Max Durability +2

In my opinion it is a long shot to get Pihne armor perfect while the Abyss already has great stats. I vote for Abyss. Plus I'm cheap.
    pawcalypse
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    go Languhiris Chaser Armor go attack speed for faster fh attacks you do not need the extra def
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sgiathach wrote: »
    go Languhiris Chaser Armor go attack speed for faster fh attacks you do not need the extra def

oh???
    Helsa
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

oh???

G22 gives a passive that offers 500 def, and another that offers like 30 prot, stats on armor is pretty irrelevant, and attack speed set is not. Go langu, only go pihne if you plan on making a Jblade set.
    CrimsọnImaizumiKensamaofmariBronzebreak
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The Langu is probably the best option. It offers attack speed enhancement which boosts normal attacks and ranged weapons (guns, ninja, chains, bows) as well. It also offers defensive stats similar to middle grade heavy armors (its about the same as my old 7/5 Dustin armor). I would say the Langu offers you a better bang for your buck all things considered.
  • TotokeTotoke

Attack speed does not affect FH
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095

i would like to know were you found that scene attack speed moves your weapon up one speed category and i can tell you my attacks are faster with attack speed then without attack speed when using fh
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

It does
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited November 29, 2018

Attack speed does not affect weapons that are already Fast/Very Fast.

FTFY