Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hair Availability Update

GrenesborrowGrenesborrow
Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
in Feedback and Suggestions
Only allowing new players to choose from the hairstyles from way back when the game started (probably, correct me if I'm wrong though) makes the game look outdated to the new players. I try to get my friends to play Mabinogi, but a lot of them over look the best parts of the game because you have to pay money to design your character to not look like they came out of the 2004 version of Mabinogi. I'm not saying we should make it all free, but we should give them more to choose from. Also during the next hair coupon update making some of the hair available through coupon available through Pon.

___For Male Characters___

Free hair would be all hair between hairstyles "Double Cut Hair" and "Little Shaggy Tail" giving new characters 42 hair styles to pick from.

Hair purchasable through Pon would be between hairstyles "Shadow Wave" and "Long Sideburns" giving Pon buyers 33 hairstyles to purchase.

___For Female Characters___

Free hair would be all hair between hairstyles "Piecey Layers" and "Twin Down Bind" giving new characters 42 hair styles to pick from.

Hair purchasable through Pon would be between hairstyles "Unbalanced Neutral Wave" and "Short Wavy Perm" giving Pon buyers 37 hairstyles to purchase.

I would really like to know what other players think so I left a poll where you can vote if you like this idea or not. If you vote that you don't like it please leave a reason why, thank you!
PanSherriRowan2112Twelie
  1. Would you like to see this in a future update?32 votes
    1. Yes!
       78% (25 votes)
    2. No!
       3% (1 vote)
    3. No Opinion
       19% (6 votes)

Comments

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    At least letting the next line be unlocked below the normal 8 hairstyles would suffice. They could and new hairstyles too.
  • MyutoMyuto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,335
    It would be nice if the beauty-box hairs would be added to the dressing for pon whenever there's a new box. :T And plus, I feel like all appearance options should be available for first-time players for their first character.
    PanGrenesborrowTairikuRowan2112TwelieLeinei
  • GrenesborrowGrenesborrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
    Myuto wrote: »
    It would be nice if the beauty-box hairs would be added to the dressing for pon whenever there's a new box. :T And plus, I feel like all appearance options should be available for first-time players for their first character.

That's a great idea, that would really help with getting more people to start playing.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Myuto wrote: »

Actually for quite some time this was the case. A new player could pick from any of the premium options for character creation. Then someone in Korea figured HEY WE CAN FLEECE MORE MONEY OUT OF NEW PLAYERS BY ONLY GIVING THEM THE TERRIBLE OPTIONS (who probably got a promotion) didn't think that it actually scared more new players away.
    I can attest I know people that would have loved this game that I talked into trying it that uninstalled it after looking at the player creation screens options.

Now they should get rid of this hair coupon pile of garbage for multiple reasons.
    One they release the coupons too far, and few in between. Hell some coupons were available ONCE, and were non-trade able.

Two the unlocks should be PERMANENT like if I decide to change hairstyles for an outfit I should be able to go back. Honestly Nexon would have made quite a bit of cash off many people as the people that went for these hair coupons are the type that like to keep changing their options, but we are prohibited from doing so as we will lose access to the hairstyle we sank money into getting.

Or the best option all around coupons should be completely abolished, and they should be just pon purchases. You will have a happy player base, and have a steady stream of income instead of the current go after a fraction of the player base who they push away each time.
    GrenesborrowNegumikoFweepRowan2112ChaosShadowTwelie
  • MIIUMIIU
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    I agree with you there, its sad because thats also the reason why people stop playing and new players stop playing cause of the selection of style for creating a creator.
    I come back just to see if they change it but still no change I guess I'll come back in 2020 to see any change.. if the game last that long.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Who doesn't like 80s and 90s era haristyles?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    MIIU wrote: »
    I agree with you there, its sad because thats also the reason why people stop playing and new players stop playing cause of the selection of style for creating a creator.
    I come back just to see if they change it but still no change I guess I'll come back in 2020 to see any change.. if the game last that long.

uh new characters can pick any premium hair style that isn't a coupon. Any premium feature actually.
    THICCthighssavelives