Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Campfire Announcements from Dec 1st Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
Our sincere and warm thanks to everyone to came from near and far to visit us at our first ever Mabinogi Campfire Event. We enjoyed seeing and meeting everyone who came and for those who were unable to join us check out the details of the news that was shared during the Q&A and Announcements below.

mbw-1201-fb-590x165.jpg

Coming this week on Dec. 6th

• Memory Book Update
  • Gachapon Rate Reveal
  • Pet/Partner slot increase by 100
  • Color Palette Customization for all races (aka Dark Elves Update)

Future Updates

• VIP/Premium Revamp
  • Name Changes
  • 4 Generations will be included as a part of the new Chapter 7
  • Chapter 7 will be brought to North America January 2019 with G22
  • Generation 22
  • Generation 23
  • Giant Revamp
  • Crossover
  • Server Merge?

Catch the replay of the event as seen on Twitch
MizukiHayamaTHICCthighssavelivesVaughanDrognakLittleCecirjk10123IyasenuKensamaofmariRoyaltyCrimsọnand 5 others.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    giphy.gif

Did you get sick of people asking constantly that you gave us the whole line up for the next couple of month?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Kensamaofmari
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited December 2, 2018
    "Server Merge?" Is this mean yes or no?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    PLEASE don't make people have to fight for their names and just add a server origin tag to their names. I really don't want to have to fight to keep the name that I've had since I've started in '08.
    AavaSebastianKensamaofmariLastSaturday
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 2, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    PLEASE don't make people have to fight for their names and just add a server origin tag to their names. I really don't want to have to fight to keep the name that I've had since I've started in '08.

Going to be honest and blunt here, but I really dislike the thought of having [Alexina] tag anywhere I will go. It will make unnecessary text clutter whenever I'll get into populated areas. I already sometimes see some huge mess caused by long titles and such, so why we need even more dumb texts to cause even more fps issues to others? Hell no. Also the server name tags will most likely make zero sense since I'm pretty sure they are going to make a brand new server with a new name on it. You people need to stop making more issues than we already have, so you either get along with anything to make server merge to finally happen or just stay in ghost servers and let it die forever if you think that a different name will make this game so unplayable for you. You sometimes must make a sacrifice to get things done right.
    KensamaofmariTwelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 2, 2018

Ummm Leinei, you know if they do this unfortunately that's probably whats going to happen. I recall when the china region did it they had to do it that way, they had to reset duplicate names. But I am very sure that they will keep us very closely updated when that happens. I would definitely schedule the next couple days off during that time.

If people ask why it's none of their business.
    Kensamaofmari
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited December 2, 2018
    edit* moving my own comments on server merge to the server merge thread
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2157/server-merge

Sincere thanks for organizing this campfire. I had a lot of fun.

Feedback
    Ticketing service, badges, on-site check-in: 5/5
    Themed Activities: 5/5
    VR thing: 2/5
    Food: 5/5
    Cake: 4/5
    Campfire prop and log seating: 5/5
    Campfire musical NPC: 4/5
    Weather: 4/5
    Presenter/Stagedude: 5/5
    SWAG: 5/5
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 2, 2018
    Honestly, how many duplicate names held by different people exist?

Doesn't matter anymore, there is definitely a lot, but the real question is: are there even half of them still playing this game?
    GakkuriaquaVaughanAlshianKensamaofmariZeoTwelie
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Becoming a dark elf at long last shall become realized!

This is the biggest good news in 3 months at least to me :3

Although the idea of fighting over names is a pain to deal with but at least you prob get the chance of a free name change if your looking to have a better name for yourself so there is that.
  • LittleCeciLittleCeci
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,265
    Thank you for hosting the Mabinogi Campfire event :) Had a blast and was awesome seeing what updates are coming and seeing everyone. Definitely will try to go again if another event is hosted :D
    Drognak
  • DrognakDrognak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    VIP Revamp is the best news I've heard this year.
    Crimsọn
  • LenariLenari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    edited December 2, 2018
    Thank you so much for having us! As a team, you all put so much effort in to make it special for us. This definitely was a meeting ten years in the making. I'm so glad I made the trip to experience it. I had the opportunity to meet so many friends from the game for the first time as well as make new friends from other servers! Mabi will always have a special place in my heart. Without it, my life would have been completely different and I wouldn't be who I am today. Here's to more campfires in the future!

Also, I have a few photos I took of some cosplayers from the event, including some from the team. I was so happy with how they turned out so feel free to take a look here. I did miss quite a few, especially from the cosplay event. :(
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Gaea wrote: »

Ummm Leinei, you know if they do this unfortunately that's probably whats going to happen. I recall when the china region did it they had to do it that way, they had to reset duplicate names. But I am very sure that they will keep us very closely updated when that happens. I would definitely schedule the next couple days off during that time.

If people ask why it's none of their business.

Yeah, I don't have the leeway to ask days off from work like that unless I know when the update is happening like a month in advance. =T
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Honestly, how many duplicate names held by different people exist?

Doesn't matter anymore, there is definitely a lot, but the real question is: are there even half of them still playing this game?

I typically use a similar name for most games and definitely my name.was taken for some. So it's not uncommon that there exists the probability someone else wants to use that name.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Going to be honest and blunt here, but I really dislike the thought of having [Alexina] tag anywhere I will go. It will make unnecessary text clutter whenever I'll get into populated areas. I already sometimes see some huge mess caused by long titles and such, so why we need even more dumb texts to cause even more fps issues to others? Hell no. Also the server name tags will most likely make zero sense since I'm pretty sure they are going to make a brand new server with a new name on it. You people need to stop making more issues than we already have, so you either get along with anything to make server merge to finally happen or just stay in ghost servers and let it die forever if you think that a different name will make this game so unplayable for you. You sometimes must make a sacrifice to get things done right.

Alexina doesn't need to be merged.

This is for Ruairi and Tarlach.
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 2, 2018

Lmao. If we merge, then it's all of us. Don't be silly. No one cares if you think that Alexina is big enough because it's not. Our community is still too small compared to other MMO's that exist.
    Lmao, when I was watching Campfire stream, there was like mere ~400 people watching. This is pathetically small audience when we look at any other game stream. Even some Runescape streamers get over 1-30k views and i'm talking about oldschool Runescape, which is a decade old game as well and it looks ugly af in my opinion.
    NegumikoGakkuriaquaZeoTwelie
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited December 2, 2018

Lmao. If we merge, then it's all of us. Don't be silly. No one cares if you think that Alexina is big enough because it's not. Our community is still too small compared to other MMO's that exist.
    Lmao, when I was watching Campfire stream, there was like mere ~400 people watching. This is pathetically small audience when we look at any other game stream. Even some Runescape streamers get over 1-30k views and i'm talking about oldschool Runescape, which is a decade old game as well and it looks ugly af in my opinion.

agreed, I have noticed the community in Alexina slowly getting smaller over the years. there is not much point in even doing a server merge at all unless all the servers are merged into one. the player population problem effects all of us and no server should be left out. updated VIP and a possible chance for a server merge is definitely a step in the right direction.
    Greta
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Kindly take that comment and shove it back up your hole.

Tarlach is fine as-is. This is coming from a Tarlachian, btw. You worry about your server, and I'll worry about mine.
    3rdy
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    We're finally getting dark skintone options for the elves to use! On a bonus side, all the color for hair and eyes are unlocked for all 3 races to use so I can get to use my burgundy hair along with being dark for my elf! One of the best news I've ever read in a while too so I may become bit more active on Mabinogi again this week!

I'm also glad they are considering the possibility of doing server merge and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will merge all four servers into one because it's pretty much needed at this point.
    MizukiHayama
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited December 3, 2018
    Zeo wrote: »
    We're finally getting dark skintone options for the elves to use! On a bonus side, all the color for hair and eyes are unlocked for all 3 races to use so I can get to use my burgundy hair along with being dark for my elf! One of the best news I've ever read in a while too so I may become bit more active on Mabinogi again this week!

Oh wait they gave us HAIR COLORS TOO??? :) I got excited about the skintones, but I didn't realize they unlocked hair colors as well. This is so awesome!!!
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Tarlach is fine as-is. This is coming from a Tarlachian, btw. You worry about your server, and I'll worry about mine.

Almost all the demands for server merging come from the five people who play on Tarlach
    GakkuriaquaGretaKensamaofmarinevyn25Twelie