Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How good are Elves?

HinotamaHinotama
Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
in General Chat
I know they aren't good at combat, but I'm semi tempted to make an Elf since I like them a little more than Giants. Are they worth it when it comes to Archery and Magic? What else can they excel at?

Comments

• AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    i play an elf, and i personally dont see much diffrence in them at high levels apart from the lack of strenth and inablity to use lances, then again i dont really use archery because you can miss at 100% x3
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Elves is pretty great endgame when your a Archer and Chainslash.

Elves beat Humans in Archery by far and Only a bit of Little difference in ability in chainslash just that many prefer elves in chainslash because they have not only a bit of higher damage but as well as mobility in movement speed.

IS Elves worth making? If your planning to not use Warrior/Knight like at all then yes, it is worth playing as an elf.

Elves get higher str than humans when they are total level 20k+ while level 200 with Shine of Eweca or barely just behind humans in str.

There is barely any difference in magic, Alchemy, Fighter, and music between humans and elves, because Endgame when you have all the skills ranked only gear will decide your endgame.

Although if your a competitive type of player elves is a better version of humans when humans get a final hit nerf lowering DPS output to be JUST below elves magnum shot spam and chain impale.

In the end giants are always the greatest race currently and will remain great for quite awhile with the upcoming 2 new skills for them that makes human final hit a laughing joke...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Elves have a VERY VERY nice skill combination: Hydra with hide. That will let you solo the martial art tournament without dieing while you are still technically a beginner.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Alshian wrote: »

Elves beat Humans in Archery by far and Only a bit of Little difference in ability in chainslash just that many prefer elves in chainslash because they have not only a bit of higher damage but as well as mobility in movement speed.

IS Elves worth making? If your planning to not use Warrior/Knight like at all then yes, it is worth playing as an elf.

Elves get higher str than humans when they are total level 20k+ while level 200 with Shine of Eweca or barely just behind humans in str.

There is barely any difference in magic, Alchemy, Fighter, and music between humans and elves, because Endgame when you have all the skills ranked only gear will decide your endgame.

Although if your a competitive type of player elves is a better version of humans when humans get a final hit nerf lowering DPS output to be JUST below elves magnum shot spam and chain impale.

In the end giants are always the greatest race currently and will remain great for quite awhile with the upcoming 2 new skills for them that makes human final hit a laughing joke...

The part about shine isn't true, because although elves still get more str from shine it has a secondary cap (Which is also why giants have less dex than elves)
  • TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    I think a lot of the flack elves get is exaggerated. They’re not exactly useless in melee, they just don’t have final hit. And their defence is roughly the same as humans.

Their advantages make them surprisingly good for raids and bosses, and hide lets them cheat a large portion of content outright with certain skills (Like Hydra).

Personally I’m just now swapping to an elf myself so I’m bias. I got tired of the lackluster Arrow Revolver on my human.
    Imaizumi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Elves can be excellent in combat if one dedicates to making them so, of course they have their handicaps. But advantage is speed alone. And invisibility.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »

The part about shine isn't true, because although elves still get more str from shine it has a secondary cap (Which is also why giants have less dex than elves)

Sorry that is what i ment when i said we gain more str than humans from shine of eweca but i forgot to say that humans have higher str cap than elves, My bad XD