Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Looking for Advice on Running Rabbie Phantasm

WolfsingerWolfsinger
Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
edited December 11, 2018 in General Chat
So I recently decided to make this my new goal. I have not run Phantasm, and when I got my hands on a Mirror World pass, I was KO'd instantly in the first room. So now I'm biting into this like a pitbull and will not rest until I have conquered the queen single-handedly.
Far as that goes though, apparently I lack skills and knowledge. I am an elf who recently hit 150 levels below cumulative 4000, primarily a champion bard though I have some experience in other fields, and I don't have this crystal deer pet everyone talks about so that's off the list. If anyone can offer me any advice on best ways to run this dungeon, I would really appreciate it - might cost me less muns than the trial-and-error method XD
pawcalypse

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 11, 2018
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    So I recently decided to make this my new goal. I have not run Phantasm, and when I got my hands on a Mirror World pass, I was KO'd instantly in the first room. So now I'm biting into this like a pitbull and will not rest until I have conquered the queen single-handedly.
    Far as that goes though, apparently I lack skills and knowledge. I am an elf who recently hit 150 levels below cumulative 4000, primarily a champion bard though I have some experience in other fields, and I don't have this crystal deer pet everyone talks about so that's off the list. If anyone can offer me any advice on best ways to run this dungeon, I would really appreciate it - might cost me less muns than the trial-and-error method XD

Run with a group. Unless you are obscenely decked out, and have far more AP than what your level suggest, then you won't be able to significantly contribute. Stats, gear, and skill ranks matter, and failed passes are around 700k wasted.

There are individuals who take people on runs for lump sums of gold. Otherwise, don't waste your time doing something you are not strong enough for, but instead focus on getting stronger.
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    im a level 16k elf who has r1 in almosy every skill, and i dont think even i can solo phantasam
    pawcalypseTwelie
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

It's a good goal to go for, but you'll need to be a lot stronger before you'll even be able to run it in a group. To be blunt, you're not going to solo it until you have dex capped at the very least. Or in other terms

about 900 max damage on a bow with no buffs before you should start trying to learn it, or it would take you forever to finish provided you played it perfectly.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    @Blissfulkill I'm aware of that now, after just that minute fail XP I'm more curious, as I keep leveling and working on it, if there are any skills in particular I should try to level, stats or whatever that will help me get through that. Particularly with those fireballs......HOY-
    Alalarose wrote: »
    im a level 16k elf who has r1 in almosy every skill, and i dont think even i can solo phantasam

*heavy breathing* ALL THE MORE REASON TO DO SO ;)
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

It's a good goal to go for, but you'll need to be a lot stronger before you'll even be able to run it in a group. To be blunt, you're not going to solo it until you have dex capped at the very least. Or in other terms

about 900 max damage on a bow with no buffs before you should start trying to learn it, or it would take you forever to finish provided you played it perfectly.

Best ways to build Dex?....
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited December 11, 2018
    This...will take ya hours, my little lamb

As for building dex, first id suggest mastering, Archery, Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Puppetry, Chef, Mage skills: Enchant-Hailstorm, Carpentry skill: Handicraft, Bard, Hidden skill: Spider shot, Melee skill: Sword mastery-Counter-Evasion, and Grandmaster some talents.

For more Info you can find it yourself for once from the Mabinogi world wiki stats and skills to find anything you can do to raise your stats before investing into gear.

Although I suggest having gear, it REALLY matters...Like bohemian set with magnum shot set bonus with it along with Bhafel hunter and huntress.

Good luck friend, even I do not dare solo...it will eat away hours and hours alone. Unless I have 1200+ max dmg without divine link and buffs with chains tho.
    pawcalypse
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited December 11, 2018
    Particularly with those fireballs......HOY-
    You can try enchanting everything including (both hand slots ie wand and shield/spellbook) two accessories and robe with fire. all 9 items enchanted with fire mitigates the fireball damage to 1.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Fire_Elemental

but none the less like everyone said if you're planning to solo, may mercy be on your side.
    pawcalypse
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Alshian wrote: »

I know. Won't be the first time. Feels kinda like trying to run Peaca again while being under 1k with almost no real fighting skills whatsoever. Just pure grim determination, all this poor kid had XD Almost made it though.
    Thanks for the info, its appreciated. Looking through the wiki and videos gives me some ideas but its nice talking to people who've run it - or have a better idea since I'm still getting back into the game - as well.

@Veylaine ah joy. Back to the enchanting board XDD
    Thanks, I'm gonna need it! You all are talking like I'm banging on Hel's gates! XD
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    @Blissfulkill I'm aware of that now, after just that minute fail XP I'm more curious, as I keep leveling and working on it, if there are any skills in particular I should try to level, stats or whatever that will help me get through that. Particularly with those fireballs......HOY-

*heavy breathing* ALL THE MORE REASON TO DO SO ;)

Best ways to build Dex?....

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Stats_and_Skills#Dexterity

Go for the most ap efficient skills first, magnum damage 18+ on gloves, 10 magnum enhance bohemian
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    @wolfsinger which verieant of phantasam are you planning on running? either way you are going to need to buff your archery like crazy, but best of luck
    I'm aware of that now, after just that minute fail XP I'm more curious, as I keep leveling and working on it, if there are any skills in particular I should try to level, stats or whatever that will help me get through that. Particularly with those fireballs......HOY-

My suggestion is literally everything, in terms what you should rank. In terms of who can solo it, are among the most skilled and stack Elves (Yes, being an Elf helps greatly) across the servers. It's not necessary, but baby steps and ranking near every skill is but one of them. Normally, it takes years to be where I am, at an unholy level of 18k. In today's time? Not sure.

This should be obvious, but do numerous runs in a group to attain the actual finesse to solo it. You'll be able to familiarize yourself with the enemy gimmicks.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    With Phant, particularly the actual run, not the mirror, the battles are not grind fests. Battles in each room of the dungeon need to be short and decisive, in a battle of attrition against them, you will lose. If you run in a party, then you will fair much better, but you have to keep up the momentum, if you lose that, you'll find that the mobs will quickly overwhelm you and your party.

As for must have skills, unless you have a VERY strong attack that can kill a mob in a few hits, you'd want sand burst. Blinding them, particularly magic enabled mobs will buy you time to prepare a heavier attack or support a party mate (or reinforce your defenses/attack if you're alone). Shock is also a good skill to have to stun them and break up attacks like the wraith's fireball, but the succubus use snap cast so they can bypass shock stun. Phant requires preparations, unless you're super strong, prepare everything you need before hitting the orb, things like making sure your potion stock is good, you have BFO running, mana shield and your mana is at proper levels, etc. There are plenty of things to consider, but for the most part, you should consider running it many times with a party first to get an idea on what to expect and how to counter certain things.
    pawcalypseBlissfulkill
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

I know. Won't be the first time. Feels kinda like trying to run Peaca again while being under 1k with almost no real fighting skills whatsoever. Just pure grim determination, all this poor kid had XD Almost made it though.
    Thanks for the info, its appreciated. Looking through the wiki and videos gives me some ideas but its nice talking to people who've run it - or have a better idea since I'm still getting back into the game - as well.

Thanks, I'm gonna need it! You all are talking like I'm banging on Hel's gates! XD

No prob I like to give ya info if I can, the wiki is just to show ya good ways to gain dex or other stats if you wish as for running things, meeting players who had done it before is a nice idea for tips and tricks :3

Just don't let the awful players who just say "Get Gud" or "LOL your crazy" instead of actually giving info like at all....

Hope this helps in a long run for ya :3
    Policroma
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited December 12, 2018

No prob I like to give ya info if I can, the wiki is just to show ya good ways to gain dex or other stats if you wish as for running things, meeting players who had done it before is a nice idea for tips and tricks :3

Just don't let the awful players who just say "Get Gud" or "LOL your crazy" instead of actually giving info like at all....

Thank you, I've gotten a lot of info from this already. Already kind of had an idea, but now at least I have something more solid to work for XD

And yeah, people will be people, but hey! I got all the best here so its all good :) Thanks!

@wolfsinger which verieant of phantasam are you planning on running? either way you are going to need to buff your archery like crazy, but best of luck

I mean, potentially both, starting at Mirror and then conquering Phantasm eventually. I'm kinda prepared for a long-suffering grind for frustrations and tears XD
    Everyone does seem to be pushing archery though, is that really the best weapon to use?

Normally, it takes years to be where I am, at an unholy level of 18k. In today's time? Not sure.

This should be obvious, but do numerous runs in a group to attain the actual finesse to solo it. You'll be able to familiarize yourself with the enemy gimmicks.

Joy yes, I remember when leveling and getting AP used to be the hardest thing in the world XD
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    With Phant, particularly the actual run, not the mirror, the battles are not grind fests. Battles in each room of the dungeon need to be short and decisive, in a battle of attrition against them, you will lose. If you run in a party, then you will fair much better, but you have to keep up the momentum, if you lose that, you'll find that the mobs will quickly overwhelm you and your party.

As for must have skills, unless you have a VERY strong attack that can kill a mob in a few hits, you'd want sand burst. Blinding them, particularly magic enabled mobs will buy you time to prepare a heavier attack or support a party mate (or reinforce your defenses/attack if you're alone). Shock is also a good skill to have to stun them and break up attacks like the wraith's fireball, but the succubus use snap cast so they can bypass shock stun. Phant requires preparations, unless you're super strong, prepare everything you need before hitting the orb, things like making sure your potion stock is good, you have BFO running, mana shield and your mana is at proper levels, etc. There are plenty of things to consider, but for the most part, you should consider running it many times with a party first to get an idea on what to expect and how to counter certain things.

Seems I've a lot of grinding to do XD Oh well, that's expected. Least I already started to practice alchemy, so I'm on my way there.

My main problem with running things in a group is my wifi is a traitorous son of a motherless goat most days, and if it weren't for the revamp where dungeons will let you back in under a certain time, I wouldn't be able to run anything to completion most days. Unless Phantasm/Mirror World is one that will let you jump back in, it's a coin toss for me. If it screws me, myself and I over, then I'll be frustrated as heck and out a few bucks, but at least I don't have to apologize to a few people for potentially screwing them over as well.
    So unless it is a dungeon where I can jump back in, I'd rather keep chancing solo, unless I can find some very forgiving people XD
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Thank you, I've gotten a lot of info from this already. Already kind of had an idea, but now at least I have something more solid to work for XD

And yeah, people will be people, but hey! I got all the best here so its all good :) Thanks!

I mean, potentially both, starting at Mirror and then conquering Phantasm eventually. I'm kinda prepared for a long-suffering grind for frustrations and tears XD
    Everyone does seem to be pushing archery though, is that really the best weapon to use?

Normally, it takes years to be where I am, at an unholy level of 18k. In today's time? Not sure.

Joy yes, I remember when leveling and getting AP used to be the hardest thing in the world XD
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Seems I've a lot of grinding to do XD Oh well, that's expected. Least I already started to practice alchemy, so I'm on my way there.

My main problem with running things in a group is my wifi is a traitorous son of a motherless goat most days, and if it weren't for the revamp where dungeons will let you back in under a certain time, I wouldn't be able to run anything to completion most days. Unless Phantasm/Mirror World is one that will let you jump back in, it's a coin toss for me. If it screws me, myself and I over, then I'll be frustrated as heck and out a few bucks, but at least I don't have to apologize to a few people for potentially screwing them over as well.
    So unless it is a dungeon where I can jump back in, I'd rather keep chancing solo, unless I can find some very forgiving people XD

you can only re enter phantasm 3 times, and sometimes you need to do that if you mess up so running it on unstable internet might just lead to frustration and nothing else. However if you're an elf archery is best
    pawcalypse
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    @Wolfsinger for an elf archery is one of the strongest skill sets but getting the bow that would be suitable for phantasm is very expensive as its made from dragon parts if i remember correctly, plus you are going to want strong reforges on all your gear which is expensive as well. High end gear that phantasam runners normally use to clear it effectively without deaths is very expensive and they are all experienced players so its not going to be super easy to get your hands on. Final shot can be life saving in phantasam tho since u can use it to dodge fire balls and the aim speed is incressed alot
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

you can only re enter phantasm 3 times, and sometimes you need to do that if you mess up so running it on unstable internet might just lead to frustration and nothing else. However if you're an elf archery is best
    Well I'm used to frustration. I'll just have to gauge and time it I guess. That is good to note though, I'll keep that in mind.
    @Wolfsinger for an elf archery is one of the strongest skill sets but getting the bow that would be suitable for phantasm is very expensive as its made from dragon parts if i remember correctly, plus you are going to want strong reforges on all your gear which is expensive as well. High end gear that phantasam runners normally use to clear it effectively without deaths is very expensive and they are all experienced players so its not going to be super easy to get your hands on. Final shot can be life saving in phantasam tho since u can use it to dodge fire balls and the aim speed is incressed alot

Huh, alright. Well I wanted to be able to solo a dragon like I saw that one guy do anyway. Adding that to the list XDD
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Soloing phantasm is really not as hard as people make it out to be. Especially now, since we got a huge buff for hp and mp. The new renown gives you a whopping 500+ more hp and mp. I saw lots of peeps with phantasm breaker on Alexina nowadays. Soloing phantasm efficiently however is a different matter, and very few people are capable of doing it, but based on what you said, I assumed you just want to be able to solo it once.

That said, I'm a human so my advice don't really work for elves but elves should be able to solo phantasm much more easier than humans and giants. My biggest problem during my solo run is during the boss fight but elves can just cheese it with deer hide. Heck, you can use the deer hide method in all rooms I think. Hide is so broken. You said you don't have crystal deer, so you should make some money and buy them off other players. If you're making this as your goal, you should be able to at least earn that much money. A phoenix pet is useful as well since it's the only thing that can resurrect you upon death in phantasm, and the pet itself is not that expensive.

While you're working on your dex, you should hoard tons of recovery potions and mp pots and weapon power pot (or just use bone chips). After you finished your preparations, you can practice in mirror first. You don't really need to run it in a party to get used to the mechanism (party runs may be different from solo too), you should be able to familiarize yourself with the mechanics by watching some phantasm videos and in a few practice runs. I did my solo without ever running phantasm in a party.

It's also a good idea to work on your divine link subskills, especially guardian oath and sacred revival. Sacred revival is most essential as it can revive your pet up to 3 times at max level but level 8 should be enough (2 times revival).
    WolfsingerpawcalypseBlissfulkill
    edited December 13, 2018

Just don't let the awful players who just say "Get Gud" or "LOL your crazy" instead of actually giving info like at all...

To be fair, most people make the most outlandish promises and statements, then give up halfway through. It's particularly prevalent in younger individuals. A part of growing up for me was having me watch my mouth, avoiding being perfunctory in my promises, and possessing general self-awareness before my ego outpaces my determination.

Not so much crazy as "You don't really mean it".

Quite honestly, it is a long term goal that people should not so seriously consider at such a level so as to dedicate themselves holistically. I may be reading this wrong, but this is something that should be the background of a more fulfilling gameplay experience, not something intrusive or the day to day motivator.

The worst thing any veteran can say to a new player on becoming stronger is advising them to spend every moment grinding for AP, EXP, or gold. To say "Abuse the rebirth mechanic before level 5000!" People become burned out trying to be the best and quit. You have about 10k more levels ahead of you. Try to enjoy them!

Essentially, baby steps. (Oops, I vented again. :/ Nothing against young people)
    Wolfsinger
  • JiantoJianto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,105
    This is one of my goal aswell but don't even have 10k cumulative level yet, that's my first milestone.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    To be fair, most people make the most outlandish promises and statements, then give up halfway through. It's particularly prevalent in younger individuals. A part of growing up for me was having me watch my mouth, avoiding being perfunctory in my promises, and possessing general self-awareness before my ego outpaces my determination.

Not so much crazy as "You don't really mean it".

Quite honestly, it is a long term goal that people should not so seriously consider at such a level so as to dedicate themselves holistically. I may be reading this wrong, but this is something that should be the background of a more fulfilling gameplay experience, not something intrusive or the day to day motivator.

The worst thing any veteran can say to a new player on becoming stronger is advising them to spend every moment grinding for AP, EXP, or gold. To say "Abuse the rebirth mechanic before level 5000!" People become burned out trying to be the best and quit. You have about 10k more levels ahead of you. Try to enjoy them!

Essentially, baby steps. (Oops, I vented again. :/ Nothing against young people)

I get that. I wouldn't say I'm serious about it - or rather, I'm not gonna devote my every waking moment to it kind of serious. It's more like one of those goals I'm aiming for in the future, as I continue to work and improve upon myself and my character; I've still got so much left to see and work on, like all the gens I never did XD. As I am, I only recently started playing again a couple months ago, so its been interesting seeing how the game has changed and rediscovering the community.
    I love running the dungeons though. So getting to figure out and progress into the hardest one was kind of going to happen anyway XD
    Jianto wrote: »
    This is one of my goal aswell but don't even have 10k cumulative level yet, that's my first milestone.

Good luck to you! ^.^
    Jianto