Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Baol Dungeon not allowing me to cast magic.

MonicaloMonicalo
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
I can't seem to cast combat magic in Baol Dungeon. Healing skill works but bolt magic/ intermediate magic does not. is this a dungeon thing or a bug?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    This is one of Baol's gimmicks.

You can't cast most magic inside.
    I'm not sure if it's EVERY magic, or just older magic, since Baol existed long before many magics like Shockwave or Meteor Strike and whatnot.

You can charge up magic BEFORE entering and it'll stay with you inside, but that probably won't get you very far, since you still won't be able to charge up new magic once you've used those up.

I think Alchemy still works, though, but it's still best to avoid fighting if you can help it.
    But at any rate, this isn't a bug, it's just how Baol works.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The idea behind Baol infiltration is that you're supposed to be quiet and sneaky, reaching the boss room without getting detected. Back then, that meant no using loud flashy magic skills, because you're not being very stealthy if you're throwing fire and lightning everywhere. The concept doesn't work so well now because they've added so many new loud flashy skills that aren't blocked from being used in the dungeon.

Alchemy was the newest skillset when I ran it, so I had a few dozen roaring golems with me. Very quiet and sneaky. I'm the stealthiest infiltrator.
  • MonicaloMonicalo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Thanks for the help we managed to get through it. I decided to train up Chain Slasher and it made it WAY easier than i thought it would be.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Monicalo wrote: »
    Thanks for the help we managed to get through it. I decided to train up Chain Slasher and it made it WAY easier than i thought it would be.

You are fortunate, because back then it gave me nightmares. There were all sorts of glitches when I was doing it. Took me 40 attempts.