Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unlimited Free character and pet card

SnowBearKaySnowBearKay
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Feedback and Suggestions
hi there

This is just a suggestion, I think nexon to make the beginner character cards unlimited....as i have figured out the hard way that once you delete
a character saying human or elf, you dont get those cards back..which i find it just not fair... other mmos allow you to delete and create without having to pay
real money to make a character to play a game...
and maybe at least one unlimited pet card...

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    As in you get to recycle that card until no longer a beginner?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    No. Just No.
    It's not "not fair"
    You get 6 free beginner cards for a reason (Plus a free Elf/Giant card)
    It's perfectly completely fair.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Why did you delete those cards in the first place lol!?
  • SnowBearKaySnowBearKay
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    No. Just No.
    It's not "not fair"

My account never did get 6 free ones, i only had 3..
  • SnowBearKaySnowBearKay
    Greta wrote: »

to answer your question, my characters were royally mucked up lol
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

If they were "mucked up" skill wise you could have gone to Duncan to redo them all back to rank F and get back the AP.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited December 12, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    No. Just No.
    It's not "not fair"

My account never did get 6 free ones, i only had 3..

Did you do the tutorial?
    Also you should have gotten 6 three character cards. They gave everyone one 6 free character cards. Doesnt change the fact that you have no need to keep deleting characters to get a new one. If you messed up your skills you can just reset them at Ducan. There is no need to get back the character card.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

Unless its a name issue, its impossible to muck up a character. There are no class system in game so every high level player has every skill(or close to it) available at maximum rank. If you ranked something you're didn't want, you can reset all your skills for free at Duncan who will then refund ALL your AP spent. This lets beginners train skills at relatively low levels, reset, then move on. The only issue later is getting AP to put back into those skills. If you reset your skills, you can immediately return to that rank provided you have the AP for it.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    even if it's 1 card it's enough since you can get that free giant and elf card anyway. No class system, and pretty much no cap on advancement means you cant mess your character up. Resetting has 0 downsides, since you can just go right back up to rank 1, The need for more characters is convenience mostly. Besides giving you a higher gold limit/ bank tabs in your bank i guess? But that's not really a necessity.

• SnowBearKaySnowBearKay
    Zuomo wrote: »
    even if it's 1 card it's enough since you can get that free giant and elf card anyway. No class system, and pretty much no cap on advancement means you cant mess your character up. Resetting has 0 downsides, since you can just go right back up to rank 1, The need for more characters is convenience mostly. Besides giving you a higher gold limit/ bank tabs in your bank i guess? But that's not really a necessity.

Ya thats what i am stuck with using right now, the only card i had to use was the premium giant card not sure how i even got it,
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 12, 2018
    Zuomo wrote: »

Ya thats what i am stuck with using right now, the only card i had to use was the premium giant card not sure how i even got it,

If it is labelled as an "Assistant" character on the character select screen, then you got it from King Krug when you first allied yourself with the Giants.
    Everyone should have
    1 - Character Card from your Account to start with
    5 - Additional Cards for starters after tutorial
    1 - Giant Assistant Card when allied with Giants (can only make giant)
    1 - Elf Assistant Card when allied to Elves (can only make elf)

Everyone should have 8 free cards to work with.
    Greta
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    If SnowBearKay used a Premium Giant character card, they might've been around during the Giant Renewal update. Though, as Kensamaofmari said, you should still have another 7 cards if you only deleted 1.
    Draech wrote: »
    If SnowBearKay used a Premium Giant character card, they might've been around during the Giant Renewal update. Though, as Kensamaofmari said, you should still have another 7 cards if you only deleted 1.

I think SnowBearKay should be fine once the 5 freebies are obtained.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    In a sense you already DO have this. If you completely delete everything from your account soul stream, you do get a free card. I did this years ago, when all we got was one card. I put in a request to delete the character I just made (wrong eye colour, I just couldn't go on) after a few days it was erased and a free card popped in.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »
    In a sense you already DO have this. If you completely delete everything from your account soul stream, you do get a free card. I did this years ago, when all we got was one card. I put in a request to delete the character I just made (wrong eye colour, I just couldn't go on) after a few days it was erased and a free card popped in.

This is highest absurdity level lmaooo.

In the real world, Identity Theft is possible. :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Not really. I didn't like the eyes, the character was only minutes old, I was allowed to do it, it only cost me a few days waiting, and I liked the final results.

Not really. I didn't like the eyes, the character was only minutes old, I was allowed to do it, it only cost me a few days waiting, and I liked the final results.

I think Greta is finding the reason to delete the character for eye color being extremely funny.
    But then again, back during primitive Mabi, there probably wasn't another way to change it without deleting the character? Idk
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    tfw i thought this was a thread about the character limit in general