Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't pay with Paysafecard? Urgent

KousukeKiraKousukeKira
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
in Item/Premium Shop
Hello, I'm from Europe and I saw the Paysafecard option at Purchase NX. So I asked for a Paysafecard for Christmas. But when I select the amount after clicking the Paysafecard option, it asks for my Creditcard info and I don't see a box to enter the Paysafecard code anywhere? In case you aren't familiar with Paysafecard, it works like Karma Koin, it's a prepaid card with a code. Please don't tell me I asked for a 100 Euro card I can't even use now.

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 25, 2018
    Hello, I'm from Europe and I saw the Paysafecard option at Purchase NX. So I asked for a Paysafecard for Christmas. But when I select the amount after clicking the Paysafecard option, it asks for my Creditcard info and I don't see a box to enter the Paysafecard code anywhere? In case you aren't familiar with Paysafecard, it works like Karma Koin, it's a prepaid card with a code. Please don't tell me I asked for a 100 Euro card I can't even use now.

Alright, well on the upside only one of the sales ends on January 3rd (Saint's Guardian Box), so you still have time. What you'll have to do is contact Nexon Customer Support. There's someone there now; I just checked in to see their Live Chat hours and a GM responded immediately. Describe what's going on and they should be able to help you.

If you've never accessed them before, go to the bar on the main Mabinogi page go to the Support tab, then go to Customer Support. If you're signed in on the Mabinogi page, you should get automatically signed into the page you wind up on (if not, click Sign In up top and it'll do the job). Then in the bottom right, there's a Live Chat option. Click that, enter the details (your issue could be Billing Support I think) and just go from there.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well!
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Thank you! This is a true pain though......
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Thank you! This is a true pain though......

It really is. I'm not sure how long Nexon will be there this week since we're not going to have a maintenance this week. Usually the office goes on holiday until post New Years and leaves the office on a skeleton crew.
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    edited January 29, 2019
    As I also reside in Europe, I know this problem all too well; As far as I can recall, this issue occured some time in the summer of last year (2018). I wanted to buy NX with a paysafecard, and before that summer, it was still possible - albeit that the option was hidden under Xsolla, but at least it was working back then. Then came the day when paysafecard was not enlisted under Xsolla any more but was assigned to a separate visible link under the prepaid methods. There is a snag to it, though. If you click on that link, it does NOT connect to the paysafecard site but to some online banking links instead where paysafecard is not mentioned at all. I have tried to bring up this issue a couple of times using the customer support chat, hoping this matter would be corrected by someone who could do something about it, but of course, a GM isn't exactly the right kind of person to consult if you want the issue fixed. A GM can only forward the issue to the responsible hands, and if they don't do anything about it, the problem will just keep lingering on indefinitely...
    I admit that I am somewhat begruntled because I had bought a paysafecard a few days before this happened, and have had to hang on to it ever since because that payiment method suddenly became unavailable.
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    edited February 7, 2019
    P.S.: Is this problem true for all of Europe, or is it specific to Germany? I have read some article lately stating the usage of paysafecards being restricted in that country, arguing that they could be used to launder money, so maybe that could be the cause of why paysafecards cannot be used for international transactions from inside Germany.
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    cdnmpms wrote: »
    P.S.: Is this problem true for all of Europe, or is it specific to Germany? I have read some article lately stating the usage of paysafecards being restricted in thst country, arguing that they could be used to launder money, so maybe that could be the cause of why paysafecards cannot be used for international transactions from inside Germany.
    Just tried myself after i read your post.

from Denmark:
    https://imgur.com/WqJUo8e

It lets me enter a code, i cannot test because i do not use paysafecards.
    And although i picked in euro's it's asking me to pay in my local currency DKK (Danish Crowns)
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    edited February 7, 2019
    from Denmark:
    https://imgur.com/WqJUo8e

It lets me enter a code, i cannot test because i do not use paysafecards.
    And although i picked in euro's it's asking me to pay in my local currency DKK (Danish Crowns)[/quote]

Well, the topic I'm on about is specific to paysafecards. I've read you can get paysafecards in Denmark, too, and as far as I know, their usage is not restricted as in Germany now. You could try purchasing in Euros from Finland if that is not too much of an effort (as I know it is the only Scandinnavian country that is using Euros instead of Crowns), but otherwise, there is not much that I know you can do using prepaids unless you possess a mobile phone or smartphone. I'm afraid the only other option would be to use a credit card or paypal...
    However, you can still buy paysafecards in Germany for Euros, but you cannot use them to make purchases in Mabinogi (or Nexon America, for that matter) IF you try to use them in Germany. Once you're back on Danish territory, though, it should be possible. But if you want to use your local currency - is there no option to select Crowns instead of Euros for paying?

• KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    My only solution was to use the paysafecard with offgamers, which resulted in paying fees twice and having a rest amount on the card that I can't use anywhere. I will never buy a paysafecard again.