Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What do people like about spirit weapons?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What do spirit weapons like about people? :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

The food.
    KensamaofmariIyasenu
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Orkane wrote: »
    "A lot of people have fondness of spirit weapons that I don't really get."

It's fondness for a friend or companion (even though it's just simulated), because the spirit weapons feel alive.

... It feels like I'm explaining the concept of love to an AI here.

Do you think that spirit weapons offer companionship in a way that's meaningfully different from what any other weapon (or even bare hands) can offer? And if so, how?

EGO_female_bow-1.png

They certainly offer something to love!

s-l300.jpg
    CrimsọnImaizumiWolfandWolfstarkiller1286
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Back in the day's the spirit weapons were the equivalent of S and R grade weapons in comparison.. It had it's own artwork and animation with the attacks and was an ally in combat as you can use their awakening attack a handful of times before charging again. Remember this was when windmill was the most powerful mobbing skill at the time....spirit weapon awakening was the next skill that could help demolish a roomful of formor hoards.

It is going through a revamp as we speak. KR already stating they are trying to figure out how to rework the spirit weapons.

Even when spirit weapons were the strongest around, I don't remember seeing people do use awakening at all. I know I only ever used it to see what it looks like.
    Rhey wrote: »
    Ur missing one other reason. Unique dye schemes. Some weapons uniqueness can only be obtain via this method and abusing the transfer method. ^_^

I completely forgot about that.
    EGO_female_bow-1.png

You could always just keep that png open in another window and alt-tab frequently. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    It's a way to individualize the player character in game. As any given character can only have 1 spirit it becomes a choice to what you want to work with.

I agree with this, but it doesn't really feel like spirit weapons are needed for this. If you could only have one special upgraded weapon or one erg weapon for example, that would achieve the same thing.

On another note, I have no idea what BiS means.
    Blissfulkill
    Give us back Eiry and use her as a renown booster haha!
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Can't speak for others, but I keep feeding my ego in case an ego revamp ever happens. Though I do see some sense in the "Pokemon" post, as my ego weapon kept me going through my early years.
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Feeding and tending to your spirit weapon also gives you a sense of accomplishment when you reach certain milestones and see the aura color changing. When you max it out, you feel great about it, and you may or may not be compelled to show it off a little. Sure, its not the strongest weapon, but it shows your dedication. I constantly see people flinging out their spirit weapons in places like Dunbarton to hunger them out during those events that spill high cm gems everywhere. Its something a lot of people feel is simply worth doing regardless. With a spirit weapon revamp, it just makes the finish line that much sweeter.

Character Name: Eveila
    Server: Ruari
    Gaea wrote: »

The food.

Bullying.

Sadfaceaboutgirlfriend.PNG
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

The food.

Bullying.

LOL. Rekt.
    KensamaofmariBlissfulkillstarkiller1286
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    in benefit way: i guess Free Blessing , i rarely use Holy Waters until now is always my par that help me blessing em

but then again i never used my Ego for Fighting i guess he's more like a friend like Zephyrmaru said
    Greta wrote: »

The food.

Bullying.

LOL. Rekt.

"W-well it's because I am always giving you all my gems! Take responsibility, Spirit Weapon Senpai!"

"Responsibility? What do you mean"?

"I always loved you!"

*Doujin times begin*
    Greta wrote: »

The food.

Bullying.

LOL. Rekt.

"W-well it's because I am always giving you all my gems! Take responsibility, Spirit Weapon Senpai!"

"Responsibility? What do you mean"?

"I always loved you!"

*Doujin times begin*

My dear, let me tell you the story about humans taking gems from an imp...
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    back in the day when repair is only 98%, at least one a week i lost one durability and half a year i lost the weapon that made me switch to ego weapon and it has been slowly become part of me owo;
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Ena wrote: »
    back in the day when repair is only 98%, at least one a week i lost one durability and half a year i lost the weapon that made me switch to ego weapon and it has been slowly become part of me owo;

A part of you?

Does that mean you absorb everything in your path to be part of you? You sound like the real final boss here.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    For me it's purely mechanical.

I don't like it when devs rugs a feature just because they screwed it over. Try to adress it instead. Or at the very least, officially kill it, if they don't want to bother.
    Zeo
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    For me, I see Spirit weapons as companions, Personal weapons, forgotten content. For my view to the other Egos:
    Male Sword - Some dark guy.
    Female Sword - Irresponsible loli (FBI OPEN UP)
    Male Blunt - Surfer dood
    Female Blunt - Insert Rule34 Here. *Shakes head in shame*
    Male Bow - Probably the kind of guy any female would want.
    Female Bow - Probably the kind of girl that some guys would want.
    Male Wand - Shota (FBI STILL OPEN UP)
    Female Wand - Discount Miyuki Takara
    Male Cylinder - Can be your college professor.
    Female Cylinder - Can be your High School Teacher.
    Eiry - Like a friend.

Now I'm not sure if anyone feels the same way, but losing Eiry is like losing a friend who has been with you for a long time... Well, the Sword one, that is.
    I remembered one time someone ACTUALLY modded their character to look like the Female Sword Trans years ago. Not sure if the video can be found, but that's... odd.
    KensamaofmariSherriWolfandWolfBlissfulkillAlshianskpkion
    edited January 8, 2019
    Unpayed wrote: »
    Female Bow - Probably the kind of girl that some guys would want.

The kind of girl you wouldn't take home to mother, huh? :/
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    twinks
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    TNinja wrote: »

I don't like it when devs rugs a feature just because they screwed it over. Try to adress it instead. Or at the very least, officially kill it, if they don't want to bother.

My thoughts, exactly. They could have used this time to focus on revamping the spirit weapons instead of putting all of it out on erg.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Zeo wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »

My thoughts, exactly. They could have used this time to focus on revamping the spirit weapons instead of putting all of it out on erg.

The sad part about the erg stuff is that it makes ego weapons even worst off since they also cannot receive erg effects.
    Zeo