Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Oh, Another Automatic Mule Login Event

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited December 27, 2018 in General Chat
So, logged in with some mule character, and bam. Got a coin. And it turns out, it's now also the main character for the event.

Great. Punished for not looking at the announcement to AVOID stupidity, again. How stellar.

Comments

• RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited December 27, 2018
    TNinja wrote: »
    So, logged in with some mule character, and bam. Got a coin. And it turns out, it's now also the main character for the event.

Great. Punished for not looking at the announcement to AVOID stupidity, again. How stellar.

i believe you had 36 minutes before getting the coin so can you really blame the event? and they have the event ads on the login launcher too
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited December 27, 2018
    Rayka wrote: »

i believe you had 36 minutes before getting the coin so can you really blame the event? and they have the event ads on the login launcher too

Yeah I can. You don't realize BEFORE you get the coin.

And the ad only appears when you log in to the launcher. It doesn't work if you weren't logged out of the launcher to begin with.
    Besides, the ad usually only shows up MapleStory events.

If you're talking about the game page info, well. This is all that's it.
    1fd063f3fb.jpg

My point is that announcements are meant to bring in news. Not to avoid whatever stupidity the one with the responsibilities managed to whip up.

Speaking of. I don't think I see the event anywhere on the announcement forum. Was it even part of something else?
  • RaykaRayka
    edited December 27, 2018

And the ad only appears when you log in to the launcher. It doesn't work if you weren't logged out of the launcher to begin with.

1fd063f3fb.jpg

My point is that announcements are meant to bring in news. Not to avoid whatever stupidity the one with the responsibilities managed to whip up.

Speaking of. I don't think I see the event anywhere on the announcement forum. Was it even part of something else?
    strange i do see it when i opened the launcher guess you stayed logged for whole time?!
  • TNinjaTNinja

1fd063f3fb.jpg

strange i do see it when i opened the launcher guess you stayed logged for whole time?!

I mean I live alone. Is there any particular reason for me to log off, besides restarting the computer once in a while?
  • RaykaRayka

1fd063f3fb.jpg

I mean I live alone. Is there any particular reason for me to log off, besides restarting the computer once in a while?

welp i guess is pointless to cry over the spilled milk the bag and the coupon i think they can be traded between characters
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 27, 2018
    Ok ok just submit a ticket and see if they can transfer it, alright?
    Leinei
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »

This is for the best.
    But, what more can Nexon do?
    How would they implement a warning about events where the first character to login will be the main for the event?
    Perhaps players should readjust their login procedures by not logging into their alts first?
    Leinei
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited December 27, 2018

This is for the best.
    How would they implement a warning about events where the first character to login will be the main for the event?
    Perhaps players should readjust their login procedures by not logging into their alts first?

We could do what we've always done. Talk to some Joe. We've had less reasons to spawn more Joes, so this wouldn't do much else.

Or use the existing Blaanid. She's pretty permanent, ain't she?

I just don't understand why we went away from that format, and it irritates me.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I just have developed a habit of always logging into my main first.
    vampryn
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Or you can check the website since they post the announcements there or if you are in the discord you can check there or you could just log into your main first.

This is for the best.

We could do what we've always done. Talk to some Joe. We've had less reasons to spawn more Joes, so this wouldn't do much else.

They still do for certain events, but not all.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

This is for the best.

She kind of vanishes from Dunbarton when she becomes your partner/pet.
    VeylaineWolfsingerImaizumi
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Leinei wrote: »

This is for the best.

Oh no.
    Imaizumi
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Since there wasn't a maintenance I never actually got logged off for the event to start, all of a sudden my Alt gets a Blaanid coin, and became the main character for that event without warning. It's not an issue for me since they are on the same server as my main, but I didn't even make the mistake of logging into my alt first, I was just actively playing at the time. (Eu hours means the event started at 3pm for me, which is a perfectly reasonable time to be playing.)

The lack of a maintenance probably threw a lot of people off for this event tbh.
    Dragoolfire
    Leinei wrote: »

This is for the best.

Oh no.

Overly attached.
    (Everyone should gather in one spot and summon all the Blaanids).
    Can she be seen now?
    Dragoolfire
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Giegue wrote: »
    Since there wasn't a maintenance I never actually got logged off for the event to start, all of a sudden my Alt gets a Blaanid coin, and became the main character for that event without warning. It's not an issue for me since they are on the same server as my main, but I didn't even make the mistake of logging into my alt first, I was just actively playing at the time. (Eu hours means the event started at 3pm for me, which is a perfectly reasonable time to be playing.)

The lack of a maintenance probably threw a lot of people off for this event tbh.

Yeah, I honestly didn't expect the event. I popped up on the website to go the forums and that's when I saw the notices.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I want more information on the doll bag, what size is it? Does it just loot gold or does it do other things like the special Ferghus doll. I must know!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Good thing I never actually use alts.
    AlexisEU
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    The event lasts a long time. If you can get coins on your main, you'll have enough for the bag and the other thingy for sure.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    The event lasts a long time. If you can get coins on your main, you'll have enough for the bag and the other thingy for sure.

You cannot get coins on the character who was not automatically selected as the main character for the event. Only the first character you were logged into when the event started can get the coins.