Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Abusing and harassing math dungeon event

QirieQirie
Mabinogi Rep: 320
edited December 31, 2018 in Help
Your comment was edited for the following reason(s):
- If you wish to report in-game abuse you must use the in-game report options, website options or the ticketing system.
- The forums are not the channel for reporting players.
- Reporting players through the forums can be seen as harassment as it can lead to disruptive, inflammatory behavior.

While playing with my friends I though maybe we can add another person in our math dungeon run event that going on, then this kid holds the key and tells us to leave.
Here are pic. please let me know if you had same problem with this guy. I'm sure he did this to others. Character name that is abusing and harassing the system and others for this action is -removed- if thats even how you spell it who knows the L=l could be a #= 1.
-removed-

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 30, 2018
    This really sucked for you guys. The guys this-is-not-a-banable-offense-so-sucks-to-be-you attitude would be especially frustrating. There is hope though because it is a banable offense since he is using a game mechanic as an exploit not only to his own advantage but at the expense of others. In situations like this it's not only important that the offender be punished but that the community knows it has happened, otherwise folks just quit in frustration. They need to know that Nexon deals effectively with these things and that there is justice.

A fix for this would be to do away with dungeon door keys entirely. Instead of the key dropping, upon the death of the monster, that would be holding the key, just have the relevant door open instead. The effect is the same and you don't get situations like this.
    Qirie
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wow this is just messed up. Never thought such thing might actually happen.
    I also had some people bailing out after I used few Advanced Holiday runs and when I gave them party leadership, some of them quickly left the party or went with "sorry I got to go" thing and left right after that. And yes, I saw them getting passes, but some of them avoid using theirs or act like they don't have any and just run away. Kinda sad.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    What a complete and petty scumbag. They should develop pancreatic cancer.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Greta wrote: »
    I also had some people bailing out after I used few Advanced Holiday runs and when I gave them party leadership, some of them quickly left the party or went with "sorry I got to go" thing and left right after that. And yes, I saw them getting passes, but some of them avoid using theirs or act like they don't have any and just run away. Kinda sad.

While I do agree with you to some degree, I would like to comment - as I have "withheld" passes before - that there have been times I ended up with a party that I found toxic for other reasons and wanted to save it for a different group that would be hopefully a better experience. i think, kinda like with OP, it depends on the kind of people you end up with.
    In regards to OP though, holy smokes that is messed up.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 2, 2019
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

While I do agree with you to some degree, I would like to comment - as I have "withheld" passes before - that there have been times I ended up with a party that I found toxic for other reasons and wanted to save it for a different group that would be hopefully a better experience. i think, kinda like with OP, it depends on the kind of people you end up with.

Luckily, I have never happened to meet toxic people in Math Holiday dungeons so far. I mostly run these dungeons with random players since i'm too lazy gathering up random guildmates and most of my close friends have already quit Mabinogi. We all shared gold drops and some people even patiently waited for others to collect their stuff before opening chests which trigger monster waves. Didn't see any toxicity at all. I just assume some people either farm these Advanced passes so they could run it with their friends or they hated the idea of running Advanced dungeon with more than 2 people since it means less gold for them.

Except past a certain point, you're still by nature obligated to share your pass with them. Simply not liking an individual, or merely finding them unpleasant, is not the grounds to which to back out of a promise. After all, if they shared their pass with you, should you not share it with them?

That being said, I would say there are limits to keeping your word, particularly for those individuals who don't see any value in the adage "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Except past a certain point, you're still by nature obligated to share your pass with them. Simply not liking an individual, or merely finding them unpleasant, is not the grounds to which to back out of a promise. After all, if they shared their pass with you, should you not share it with them?

That being said, I would say there are limits to keeping your word, particularly for those individuals who don't see any value in the adage "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

There is the difference between unpleasant, which I do not refer, and then instances like OP. I have not had any specifically like that, but I have encountered others who used other means to get through with more.
    Sometimes its just a group dynamic, which I understand, but if that's not how I want to play I do not see a reason to continue with said group. Maybe its just a difference in views - which I will respect - but when I'm not with friends or working with others on a thing - such as that one guy who wants to solo a boss at the end of Sidhe - I'm just playing for fun.
    I'll fulfill my obligations as a member of the party, sometimes beyond with some I've seen, but when the dynamic is off, I'm not going to stay. I'm willing to forgive a lot, but even I have my limits.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    My every reason to mostly remain solonogi.
    WolfsingerSakura2503
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Qirie wrote: »
    - If you wish to report in-game abuse you must use the in-game report options, website options or the ticketing system.
    - Reporting players through the forums can be seen as harassment as it can lead to disruptive, inflammatory behavior.

While playing with my friends I though maybe we can add another person in our math dungeon run event that going on, then this kid holds the key and tells us to leave.
    Here are pic. please let me know if you had same problem with this guy. I'm sure he did this to others. Character name that is abusing and harassing the system and others for this action is -removed- if thats even how you spell it who knows the L=l could be a #= 1.
    -removed-

This happened to me the last time this event was on. I like to keep a few Goddess Wings in my inventory so I can warp the whole party out (including the key holder) if they refuse to give up the key. :)
    WolfsingerKttyKensamaofmariGretaTHICCthighssavelivesShoogSakura2503
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Qirie wrote: »

-removed-

This happened to me the last time this event was on. I like to keep a few Goddess Wings in my inventory so I can warp the whole party out (including the key holder) if they refuse to give up the key. :)

You are amazing XDD

There is the difference between unpleasant, which I do not refer, and then instances like OP. I have not had any specifically like that, but I have encountered others who used other means to get through with more.
    Sometimes its just a group dynamic, which I understand, but if that's not how I want to play I do not see a reason to continue with said group. Maybe its just a difference in views - which I will respect - but when I'm not with friends or working with others on a thing - such as that one guy who wants to solo a boss at the end of Sidhe - I'm just playing for fun.
    I'll fulfill my obligations as a member of the party, sometimes beyond with some I've seen, but when the dynamic is off, I'm not going to stay. I'm willing to forgive a lot, but even I have my limits.

I think you and I agree, but we merely misunderstood each other via our term usage. I don't know you are referring to specifically, and this likely applies in reverse. If others use means to "get more", then it could be classified as breaking an implied promise. If someone is abusive to members of being an asshat, I would say that it would be the means to break it off.

Though it should be noted that this is a game, and not a real life interaction. Which I suppose nullifies my point of what is unacceptable.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited January 3, 2019

YOU, sir, are awesome!

Along with the concept of dungeon keys being the cause of the problem, if they simply allowed the advanced passes to NOT require at least two people this whole thing could have been avoided.
    KensamaofmariSakura2503Wolfsinger