Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

best ways for newer players to make $$????

RajinsuRajinsu
Mabinogi Rep: 435
in General Chat
Can any one list a few ways for newer players to make gold in game .Theres so many books i need to buy but im just not getting the $$ for it any tips would be a great help.
are shadow missions solo still the best? or is there better ways now?

Comments

• AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    I still find the best way to make gold is to run elite shadow wizard unless you are willing to spend real money on attempts to get lucky with gapta stuff
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Rajinsu

A quick search turned up this... how-to-make-gold
    Rajinsu
  • RajinsuRajinsu
    ty for the link
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Quick money??? How smexy is ur char? Pics? Server? If on Mari I can help U shop around fo a nice suga pappy.

or...

U can play the boring long game! Ur choice.

giphy.gif
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    i am scare that every ideas been list here will be nerf like before
  • EnaEna
    edited January 3, 2019
    how about u run normal alby advance one run i got roughly around 500k gold to 1m+ gold
    but u need 35 cocoon before do it
    iria saga10 is also easy money 2min done for int
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I make my own golds soloing almost every shadow mission using my saved up elite passes...that is if I was not forced to bring possible leaches for the ride > w>

JK i don't mind since i can do the carrying...do be warned you be bored not doing anything :3
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I used to make the trip to visit Voight and started doing artifact hunting to fill out exploration journals and selling the book rewards. People always need those books to rank up skills and often would rather pay decently for them than hunt for the needed artifacts.
  • RajinsuRajinsu
    I was thinking about trying out the books before the server went down i also need 2 of the rewards for music from them my self XD got lucky and got a clay flute on the 5th chest .things going good so far lol.
    Still low on $$

i deff need to get stronger so i can run higher rank dungeons XC

• asd2383iiasd2383ii
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    make a spider farm and farm webs/threads, or maybe try shearing sheep for thick threads and/or trying to make fine silks to sell. well this would work on alexina idk how well the econ works on the other servers. thin threads 5-7k/stk, thick 7-10k?/stk, fines at 20-40k each idr current pricings
  • EnaEna
    edited January 3, 2019
    my advise... play the way u feel fun about this game
    make just enough gold to cover ur maintenance
    search for good deal and spend real money for game u like
    PS better have know limit how much u can spend for a week
    i try many ways to make gold and the average is about 500k per hour(except u have 4PC)
    better go walk the dog and get paid then buy fine reforg to sell for 500k each
    Kensamaofmari
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited January 3, 2019
    1. Run saga episode 7 on every character on your account. This is easy money. Open the boxes on a daily day, of course.

2. Do church part time jobs whenever possible for holy water. Stacks can sell for a good bit.

3. if you are weak find a guild to do things in a group with. If not weak than spamming shadow wizard hard/elite is decent money/exp/something a lot of people do so finding a party is easy. Also if you don't do life skills still pick up the materials to hoard in case you get something worth money.

4. Kill any ancient monster you see. You have a chance to get gear that can sell for a decent cut of money and you probably normally see them while walking around anyway.

5.Commerce can be decent money and something you can do to hang out with friends, or even meet new people to do the above things with if you aren't shy.

7. I put this last because it more depends on the event, but always take part in events, always. It's like a fun investment since usually some items from events are worth a lot. Millions actually.

Overall just remember not to worry about it too much. Even just mindlessly playing, the money stacks up easily.Just have fun, and meet people.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Doing church ptjs to get holy water definitely helps.

Also collect all your fomor scrolls. You'll be surprised how much gold you'd get if you collect everything.

Of course, if you run intermediate level dungeons like Math or Rabbie, the consistent drops of Kobold and Mimic scrolls is definitely worth it.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The best way to make gold is to turn real money into gold. The second best is to buy low sell high. Every other method is a form of grinding in some way, be it dungeons, missions, commerce, or gathering stuff to sell. The down-side of the first method should be obvious, but if you are willing to accept it that's your fastest track to that mansion in Beverley Hills. The down-side of the second is that it requires patience and an iron stomach, but is the only method, of the three, that is scale-able since it is the only one where you can actually continually reinvest back into the business. The down-side of the third should be obvious too, but it is the easiest.
    If you want to see stuff to make fast money, better look towards items that you can liquidate quick and in large quantity.
    As mentioned before, things like Holy Water usually work.
    Those lucky enough to have dye wells have the dyes.

Unknown ores and Garbage herbs are always in demand by dye makers.

Most of other mats are all dependent on if they are people working on those crafts and need supply.
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    spam musical math and hope you get a song stardust :)
    AlexisEU
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    One of my favorite ways is to run Albey Dungeon after dropping a Small Red Gem. This triggers the Albey Red dungeon where you can kill and collect the fomor scrolls of Skeletons, Red/Metal Skeletons, Mimics, and Imps for a good chunk of change when you turn them in for the quests with the Admin office in Dunbarton.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited January 4, 2019
    You can also horde all the fomor scrolls; the "best" one out of most dungeons are Mimic scrolls. Leinei already mentioned fomor scrolls...
    You should also horde items in general, some materials and ingredients are hard to come by and may make a good profit if you have a stack to sell (fine leather, green plum, mutant rabbit foot, gold mushroom, etc.).
    Leinei wrote: »
    One of my favorite ways is to run Albey Dungeon after dropping a Small Red Gem. This triggers the Albey Red dungeon where you can kill and collect the fomor scrolls of Skeletons, Red/Metal Skeletons, Mimics, and Imps for a good chunk of change when you turn them in for the quests with the Admin office in Dunbarton.

Mimics have always been a good steady source of income.
    pawcalypse
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It's rather RNG, but another way to get some cash is to go ancient hunting.
    Getting an Ancient Magic Powder to sell for a good chunk of change is amazing.