Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

did they nerf chain blades some how?

RajinsuRajinsu
Mabinogi Rep: 435
in General Chat
Maybe its just me but it feels like im doing a lot less damage after this update with chainblades both normal and crit damage seem to be lower.

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    are you doing g22?

the mobs in the sm's have high def and prot
    pawcalypseSakura2503SylviaWolfe
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Nope, chains not nerfed, if your doing G22 the mobs have insane amount of prot at least the Black moon followers, also the patch note about def/prot being rebalanced could also be the cause.
  • RajinsuRajinsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    edited January 10, 2019
    no i have not even started g22 under 5k still. but the damage im doing to seahags is a lot less thin what is was before the patch i rebirthed a few times befor and once after the patch soloing them for there droped items for ducat trade . i had a good idea of my damage on them from lv 1 killing them .im using the same gear and every thing just seems a lot less damage now.

@Aishian that could very well be it thin maybe if all monsters got rebalanced on def/prot
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Rajinsu wrote: »
    no i have not even started g22 under 5k still. but the damage im doing to seahags is a lot less thin what is was before the patch i rebirthed a few times befor and once after the patch soloing them for there droped items for ducat trade . i had a good idea of my damage on them from lv 1 killing them .im using the same gear and every thing just seems a lot less damage now.

@Aishian that could very well be it thin maybe if all monsters got rebalanced on def/prot

It's not that monsters def/prot got rebalanced, it's that EVERYONE'S did.

And by that I mean that now, protection's damage reduction is calculated BEFORE defense now.
    So before, say you had 100 defense and 50% protection, and took 1000 damage.
    Before it would have gone like this: 1000 - 100 = 900 x 50% = 450
    Now it's 1000 x 50% = 500 - 100 = 400

So basically everything's a bit more tanky.
    AlshianAlexisEULeinei
  • AlshianAlshian
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Rajinsu wrote: »

It's not that monsters def/prot got rebalanced, it's that EVERYONE'S did.

And by that I mean that now, protection's damage reduction is calculated BEFORE defense now.
    So before, say you had 100 defense and 50% protection, and took 1000 damage.
    Before it would have gone like this: 1000 - 100 = 900 x 50% = 450
    Now it's 1000 x 50% = 500 - 100 = 400

So basically everything's a bit more tanky.

Very good info now the question is...would damage between mobs also get a re-balance? or will Everyone including mobs will now just be a little more tanky?

I'm not complaining though, i still deal pretty good damage to anything.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 11, 2019
    I was wondering why it seemed like I was hitting for less damage. =T
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Leinei wrote: »
    I was wondering why it seemed like I was hitting for less damage. =T

I went from one hitting kolbolds and rats to 2 hitting.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    3rdy wrote: »
    are you doing g22?

the mobs in the sm's have high def and prot

I was super confused when my chainblade damage was so negligible on those mobs until I realized this lol. Actually had to bring archery back for those.
  • stomei97stomei97
    Mabinogi Rep: 875
    I noticed I was doing crits far less. Like, I had been doing crits with every hit and then it just didn't do it that often
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I. Want. My. One. Hits. BACK. :|
  • AlshianAlshian
    Don't know about you guys but i still can one hit things...just get your chains to 1000+ max base dmg and your good once you get your Divine link on.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    stomei97 wrote: »
    I noticed I was doing crits far less. Like, I had been doing crits with every hit and then it just didn't do it that often

Were you perhaps doing the Holiday Math Dungeon during that recent event?

Because those dungeons were special, in that every hit that both you and the monsters did was guaranteed to be a critical hit.
    (Unless it's something that can't crit, like Shock)
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Uhh I'm still doing the normal rng of damage I normally do. I never noticed this is even a thing. well, since I always debuff/buff b4 everything I smack first. Prolly y the change isn't reflected 4 me. lel.
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    This change has some interesting effects. Squires are much tankier, baltane mission Siege Weapon is much easier. Anything where npc's have to survive is likely overall more easy now, such as Belvast Hostage Rescue and some generation quests.